N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Sweet September All Topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 11:36 PM
joe f350
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea it's Gona suck but it be worth I found that dully when I was looking for u but dint show it cause it was a four speed I love me a old push rod big block I think I tow with cause its isnt lifted and make my ford the hard core off road toy idk yet

Old 09-09-2013, 11:37 PM
joe f350
Post Fiend
And once u start hoping up a big block u can't stop u been warned

Old 09-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Yeah, I am afraid of the bug already. Can't have it draining my savings account. Going to have to be successful at this car flipping business so I can afford to keep both the Bronco and the F350 fed with performance upgrades.

Jim

Old 09-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy two for Tuesday Nor Cal FTE and friends. Hope everyone has a great day.

I went to bed last night with the wonderful knowledge that I was $142 poorer than I should have been. Checking my bank account and found $42 less than my records show, and my wallet had $100 less than my records show. I will compare my MS Money transactions with those showing in my bank account and I am sure I will find the error, but the cash is harder to figure out. I know I did not buy something that cost exactly $100, so that means I either dropped a $100 bill somewhere (someone will get REAL lucky if that is the case) or I paid an extra $100 to the guy I bought the truck from. In the latter scenario I would not be upset, as he was going through enough as it is, but if I just dropped it somewhere, then that is just a total waste of $100. In any case, it is gone, and I will just mark it up as a lesson learned. I thought I was being extra careful with that envelope but obviously I wasn't careful enough.

Jim

Old 09-10-2013, 09:19 AM
joe f350
Post Fiend
that y love my b,of,a mobile banking app make it so easy to track ur money

Old 09-10-2013, 09:32 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

B of A charges too many fees for my liking. Chase is free for veterans. I like free.

Jim

Old 09-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Hey Jim, do you remember that $1.00 tip you handed the guy at the car wash? Maybe that's where that hundred went. Jag

Old 09-10-2013, 06:57 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
OH man ,sorry to hear Jim the car wash guy mite have been the lucky one,or did you top the new truck with fuel ? I will drop a Franklin every time I fill up, hope you figure it out and get rid of the envelope and slip your cash back in the bank.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Nah, they got $60 of my money the first day, and no tip, and then $25 the second day. Dually the first day, and Bronco the second. However, this is for a hand wash and detail. The first day would have been $45, but I asked them to clean the truck bed, and would give them extra, so I gave him $60. I think it must have either slipped out of my wallet, or envelope, or I paid too much for the truck. I don't think I paid too much for the truck, but while I was counting it, one did try to fly away, maybe I counted it twice. In any case, it is gone.

Jim

Old 09-10-2013, 07:21 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
I have been high jacked by my wife a few times and could of sworn I had more money , just be glad you don't have to about where the NEW shoes came from

Old 09-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

I paid $125 to fill up the truck in Madera, and that is accounted for. I honestly don't know how I could not see a $100 bill slip out of my wallet, or the envelope. That is why I think I may have counted wrong when buying the truck, it is the only possibility that makes sense to me.

On a brighter note, I went to a local 4wd parts place (very dangerous place! I could lose my entire settlement real easy in there! LOL) because I was searching for a Warn VR 8000 s winch to install on the car trailer, and after a bit of talking, he ended up saving me $300. The Warn I was looking at was $480, and then the Optima Yellow Top battery was another $220. Well, instead of doing that, I will be buying a Smittybilt winch for $300, and no battery. I will be running cables from the red top Optima I had installed in the dually, back to the license plate area, and when I need to winch something up the trailer, I'll just plug the cables into the receptacles for the truck's battery. Since the F350 is not available yet, I told him I would bring it by tomorrow so they can connect everything. I will also have to buy the trailer too. LOL.

Jim

Old 09-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

LOL, yeah one advantage to being single is I am the only one going through my wallet.

Jim

Old 09-11-2013, 09:07 PM
joe f350
Post Fiend
Well I got swing shift so I'm happy

Old 09-11-2013, 11:55 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Good for you Joe. Leaves your mornings free.

Okay, as promised, here are some pics taken with the Nikon. Warning, they are pretty big.

Not bad for a 23 year old interior eh? Not one crack in the dash. Now this is taken after it was detailed, but detailing doesn't make cracks magically disappear. The NEC phone does not work. The fire extinguisher was added by me. I will bolt it down tomorrow morning.

The overhead console that I keep hitting my head on. At the bottom is the Cobra CB, with the mic disconnected, I tried it today and it is not getting power. The switches are for the fog lights, driving lights, and TV. The lights don't work, and the TV only gives static since it is not connected to a converter box. That small wooden box just above the mirror is the radar detector. Have not tried that to see if it works.

Definitely want those lights to work, so once things settle down around here, I'll have to try and find the culprit.

My favorite shot, this one much higher resolution.

Only damage on the whole truck, (other than all the small nicks and scratches) is on the tailgate.

Gotta have my FTE stickers!

Ok, I lied, looks like there is one stain in the interior.

Centurion sure wants to make sure you know they built it. They have these on the front doors, and a nameplate on the tailgate as well as the mudflaps, (which I just realized, I only have one of). Found out today that the gas gauge is working for the front tank as it is showing 75% full. Also, the AC works so well I had to turn it down, it was freezing me out of there. I am a happy camper know. And it looks like the overdrive was installed by Ford not Centurion. The "D" on the shift column is in a circle, and the OD button is part of the dash, not an aftermarket add on button.

Was able to get the truck added to my insurance and get to the DMV today to get the title transferred and registration in my name. Went over to pick up the trailer, but the guy had a prior commitment to attend to, so I will go back tomorrow at 10am. He is going to wire it for my truck. Although he did suggest I get a raised ball hitch as mine is only 12 inches off the ground, which is surprising until you see that massive rear bumper, and it is mounted under it. Went to Autozone, but they do not have a raised hitch with the s and 5/16 ball on it. And since I already paid $50 for the one on there, I will just keep it. The trailer is pretty tall though, and only comes with 4 foot ramps. So I will have to buy 6 or 8 foot ramps. It is also wider in person than in the pictures, so I may have to store it at Darrell's Mini Storage instead of trying to cram it in my driveway, especially with a 20 foot long crew cab I can barely see out the back window of.

Tomorrow after I get the trailer I will take it to the 4x4 parts wholesaler and have them install the Smittybilt winch and wire my truck to power it. Then it will be just waiting for the tie down straps, and the bridle to arrive and I will be in business. If there is enough time tomorrow I will also take it to the alarm shop for a Viper alarm, and better stereo and speakers, and the driver's side power window motor is getting worse, so it is a good thing I bought a replacement already.

Jim

Old 09-12-2013, 12:05 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Forgot to mention all the parts I ordered from Summit arrived today, even though they told me the Jet computer chip would be sent by the manufacturer. It actually arrived before the other parts shipped by Summit, as it got here around noon, and the other parts arrived after 5pm. Now, I just need to find the time to install them.

Jim

Quick Reply: Sweet September All Topic thread