Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2013, 02:59 PM
Senior User

DavenTn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.DavenTn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Excursion's with 20" OEM wheels

In an effort to maintain a OEM look I'm considering gettin' F-250 8 spoke wheels. I know I need 2" spacers like these;
Billet Wheel Adapter 8 Lug 170mm to 8 Lug 6.5 Billet Wheel Adapter 8 Lug 170mm to 8 Lug 6.5" Thickness 2 Inch - Pair : Amazon.com : Automotive

My question is... do they or will they make 275-65R x 20 tires stick out beyond the fender using the Ford 20" wheels and spacers?
Old 08-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Postmaster

Apocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud of
llittle_llama
Not those spacers... Need hubcentric

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140909841663...84.m1497.l2649
MOD WARNING: If you see this user posting in any threads asking for help about anything relating to spending money on mods or anything other than saving for a 6.0 please report immediately! This is for the safety of everyone. Thank you. -STEWART
Old 08-23-2013, 03:47 PM
Senior User

DavenTn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.DavenTn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
They are... hub and lug centric according to Ezaccessory.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Postmaster

Apocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud of
llittle_llama
I didn't read it, just looked at the pic lol.
MOD WARNING: If you see this user posting in any threads asking for help about anything relating to spending money on mods or anything other than saving for a 6.0 please report immediately! This is for the safety of everyone. Thank you. -STEWART
Old 08-23-2013, 05:42 PM
World Famous

WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavenTn View Post
In an effort to maintain a OEM look I'm considering gettin' F-250 8 spoke wheels. I know I need 2" spacers like these; Billet Wheel Adapter 8 Lug 170mm to 8 Lug 6.5" Thickness 2 Inch - Pair : Amazon.com : Automotive

My question is... do they or will they make 275-65R x 20 tires stick out beyond the fender using the Ford 20" wheels and spacers?

Do some more checking before you buy these. In the description section they list the correct vehicle bolt pattern of 8X170mm but the wheel bolt pattern is listed as 8X165.1mm. The late model Ford 20" rims are the same 8X170mm as our trucks.

Tom 2005 Excursion XLT V-10 4X4, '04 SD 18"s, Modded X/B's, 35" Nittos, 4.88s.
'08 Mirrors, Hellwig, Ultra-Gauge, Banks Headers, 5 Star Tunes, GlowShifts, Ranchos.
ASPEN GREEN (Jolly Green Giant) Grey Cloth Interior, WeatherTech Mats.
'89 SeaRay 220CC 325HP Mercruiser Alpha, Full Camper Canvas, 11' Achilles 8HP Merc.
'14 Jayco Eagle Premier 338RETS TT, Hensley Arrow, Prodigy P3, TST 507RV TPMS, 61'.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Posting Guru

Forest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
In an effort to maintain a OEM look I'm considering gettin' F-250 8 spoke wheels. I know I need 2" spacers like these; Billet Wheel Adapter 8 Lug 170mm to 8 Lug 6.5" Thickness 2 Inch - Pair : Amazon.com : Automotive

I think you need to do more research and talk to those that have done this upgrade.

Pros:
1) Will look killer AND OEM.
2) Allows larger wheels and offset is set correctly with 2" spacers.

Cons:
1) Seriously diminishes towing capability as it moves 'sweet spot' in torque/RPM curve.
2) May create a problem handling high axle loads if spacers become loose.

The spacers you show in your post look incorrect to me. I have not done this, but I believe you need 170 mm x 170 mm (same lug diameter) for both. Again, you need to search on this topic. Many have done it with satisfactory results. I just don't think they tow heavy.

'05 Excursion Limited 4x4 6.0L PSD >176,000 miles
ARP Studs, SCT, Coolant filter, MBRP 4", Banks Techni-Cooler, Blue Spring, V/B w/RAS; Hellwig; Red Head; Bilsteins; Michelin M/S2 on 18"x8" 04 Ford wheels; Kenwood DNX9960 w/Rear Camera ; Propride 3P on Arctic Fox 32D
'07 E-450 Hauling 2008 Coach House 272XLFD 6.8L V10 >18,900 miles
Old 08-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Freshman User

recovery7778 is starting off with a positive reputation.
you need the ones with the lip the ones in your first post are not hub centric
Old 08-23-2013, 11:07 PM
Post Fiend

EXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputation
The guy that bought some on Amazon said he got the wrong ones in his comment already, also; personally I wouldn't trust them for towing, they already have some bad reviews without towing.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:34 PM
Postmaster

llittle_llama
The ones I got from eBay are great, no complaints here.

Hubcentric Bolt ON 25mm Wheel Spacers Ford Pattern 8x170 CB 125 5mm 14x2 0 | eBay
Old 08-24-2013, 06:00 AM
Senior User

Guys... I guess I didn't put the right question forward in the way I should. Let me remove the spacer informaton and ask again.

using 2" hub centric and lug centric spacers ;... will they make 275-65R x 20 tires stick out beyond the fender?
Old 08-24-2013, 08:36 AM
Senior User

HokieHiVPI is a splendid one to beholdHokieHiVPI is a splendid one to beholdHokieHiVPI is a splendid one to beholdHokieHiVPI is a splendid one to beholdHokieHiVPI is a splendid one to beholdHokieHiVPI is a splendid one to beholdHokieHiVPI is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
using 2" hub centric and lug centric spacers ;... will they make 275-65R x 20 tires stick out beyond the fender?
It's either/or, not and in this case. Either they're hub centric, where the lip on the spacer bears the weight, or they're lug centric, where the new posts on the spacer bear the weight.

You obviously want hub centric (lip) and the tires will not stick out past the fenders with a 2" spacer.
04 Excursion EB 4x4... 129k... EGR del... Cat del... Flo-Pro 4"exhaust... Oil cooler replaced... FICM replaced... Blue Spring... SCT with SRL tune... Moog ball joints... 2" leveling kit... dfuser coolant filter... 315/75/16s... Eagle Eye Headlights...05 billet grill
Old 08-24-2013, 09:05 AM
World Famous

WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
I agree with Hokie, stay away from anything thats lug-centric, you want a spacer that is hub-centric so it sits correctly on the truck's hub and the spacer also needs the hub-centric hub ring on it to mate correctly with the OEM rims. 2" spacers with the late model wheels is just right, the tires should sit almost in the stock location under the fenders. The difference in the wheels is just under 2" but the slightly thicker spacer at 2" saves you from having to cut down your stock lug studs (in most cases).

Tom 2005 Excursion XLT V-10 4X4, '04 SD 18"s, Modded X/B's, 35" Nittos, 4.88s.
'08 Mirrors, Hellwig, Ultra-Gauge, Banks Headers, 5 Star Tunes, GlowShifts, Ranchos.
ASPEN GREEN (Jolly Green Giant) Grey Cloth Interior, WeatherTech Mats.
'89 SeaRay 220CC 325HP Mercruiser Alpha, Full Camper Canvas, 11' Achilles 8HP Merc.
'14 Jayco Eagle Premier 338RETS TT, Hensley Arrow, Prodigy P3, TST 507RV TPMS, 61'.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Senior User

MikeRizz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have 20" wheels from a 2006 F-350 on my X. I bought it this way. The wheels looks great and do not stick out. My truck has a front end vibration at 55-65 that drives me crazy! I have checked everything in the front end, had wheels balanced, etc.. I believe my truck came with the wrong spacers and I am looking to replace them.

As far as towing and power I did not notice any difference. I tow a 24' enclosed car trailer. The tires ate E rated.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:40 PM
Senior User

Thanks for the info... and the pic's are worth a thousand words.

Just an FYI... Cary's spacers, the ones he sells, are both hub and lug centric.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:40 PM