Notices
2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Electric Seat & Mirror Settings & SYNC Issues?

Old 08-21-2013, 10:24 PM
parker245
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electric Seat & Mirror Settings & SYNC Issues?

A few weeks back I posed the question of why my drivers side rear view mirror was self adjusting outward without any prompt or input from me. You can view the initial question and response I got here:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ror-issue.html
But long story short, quite by chance I was looking at the mirror one day as I approached the truck, while at the same time pressing the button on the key fob to unlock the door. The mirror moved outward when I hit the button. I described this in some detail in my OP and a Ford Tech, who apparently monitors the board and suggested that I drop by the dealership and let them try to fix it. There were no other responses and since they had never heard of it, that was their suggestion to me. I live in a medium sized town and there is only one Ford dealership. I didn't buy the truck from them and the few times I've been there, they treated me like a red headed step child so taking it there was not an option for me. There is another dealership a short half hours drive to the west of town, so I told myself I would stop by there the next time I went through. As it turned out, I either came through that town too early or too late, or was just generally in a hurry when I went through during business hours 'till yesterday.

Meanwhile, I had gotten tired of moving the mirror back in all the time and finally started using the door keypad to unlock the truck. The mirror stayed put when I unlocked it that way. But yesterday I talked to a tech that told me it was prolly related to the memory the truck has, and is dependent on which key fob I used. I told him that I had been using the same fob since I got the truck 18 months ago! Then it dawned on me that I had been instructed, by the people at SYNC to perform a master reset on the system to solve another issue I was having with the vehicle health check not being able to connect. The living and breathing tech I talked to said simply to get in, set the seat and mirror positions desired, then hit the set button on the side of the seat, and see if that didn't correct the issue. Damned if it didn't fix it! And all for the price of a handshake!

So I suppose that my piece of wisdom for the night is to say that if you, for any reason have to do a master reset on SYNC, be sure to reset all your preferences for seat and mirror location or you could begin to believe, like I was beginning to believe that somebody was either messing with me, or the truck had a mysterious demon within. I'm not saying that this is the approved method from Ford, but it worked for me. And I HATE chasing down electrical problems on my vehicles!!!