Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Northern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Northern Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2013, 01:12 AM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
Next Chapter GTG, Ideas?

Hello all,

Since we have not had a gtg since July of 2013 I thought it is about time we start planning our next gtg. I am open for suggestions and any ideas anyone might have as to a place to meet, and when to meet. Since school has started, and some people still work, it will obviously have to be on a weekend. Also, it will help if the place is centrally located, so more people can attend. Our last gtg saw a grand total of three people over a two day period (four if you count a daughter). I would like to see more people participate for the next one.

I know things happen, and schedules change, and sometimes you just can't get off work. And not everyone has the luxury of staying home all week and twiddling their thumbs like me, (just kidding, I am way past that now, I have started twiddling my toes. ). However, it would be nice to have a decent showing at the next gtg, no matter where we decide to have it. Besides, I bought a nice banner to display for the gtg's and it would be a shame not to display it proudly so everyone can see it.

I am open to any and all suggestions as long as it is family oriented as some people might bring wives, or kids to the event. There is a park north of Stockton called Micke Grove which has a annual car show in April I believe. Obviously I don't want to wait until April for our next gtg, but I am throwing that location out there as it is a big park and has plenty of room for parking, and lots of playground stuff for kids. Only downside is it may not be centrally located for some people.

I am not familiar with Sacramento, but that may be an area that is more centrally located then Micke Grove park. I am sure they have a park large enough to have a gtg, or maybe there is a National park somewhere near there we can all flock to? I am thinking along the lines of a BBQ and each person can bring something, like drinks, or hot dogs, or hamburgers etc. Or maybe bring whatever you will eat/drink yourself, and one item for everyone like extra chips, or dip, or extra sodas etc. Again, just throwing out ideas at this time.

Another thing to decide on is when to have it? I don't want to be roasting in 100 degree temps, so I would like to have it in late September or early October, before it gets too cold to enjoy being outside in a park. So come on guys, lets get some ideas out and start planning for an awesome gtg.

Jim
Old 08-20-2013, 07:02 AM
Ambassador

hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
Lets all paint Hanklins casa

Buford T Justice "There aint No way, No way, that you could come from my loins"
Old 08-20-2013, 12:51 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
Works for me. So now that we have a location, we need a date. Oh, and I have a gallon of red paint, and a gallon of white, if we mix those two together, we can cover twice as much. Of course it would be pink, but don't bother me with the details.

Jim
Old 08-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Posting Guru

ZombieSlayer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have a better idea....let's all rebuild Zom's motor and trans in the Bronco

Seriously as long as it's on the weekend and close I will try to attend
Old 08-21-2013, 06:43 AM
Ambassador

hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
Kinda pricey depending on where you look but how about river rafting? Could be mellow or hang on tight.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:44 AM
Ambassador

Also for winter they have minor league hockey we could get a block of tickets,,,,,,,,,,

Old 08-21-2013, 10:55 AM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Hmm, rebuilding a motor and trans. Nothing I would rather do in my spare time. Might take a bit longer than a weekend though. Of course, with enough peeps anything would be possible.

River rafting is a unique idea, however, I would have problems getting in and out of the raft with my bum knee, and God forbid I would fall out of the raft at some point and have to try and swim with a straight leg.

Where would the minor league hockey team play?

Jim
Old 08-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Ambassador

Stockton Thunder
and as far as rafts go we will throw a life vest on ya and you can float behind with a rope, no need in even hopping in,lol

Old 08-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Ambassador

Went to see a few Modesto Nuts games and that was soo much more enjoyable than the big leagues. Nuts are Colorado Rockies minor team, single A

Old 08-21-2013, 07:33 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

ROTFLMAO! I can just see me floating behind a raft.

Oh yeah, lets go see a Nuts game! Somehow, I would think they would want to change their name a bit don't you?

Jim
Old 08-21-2013, 07:52 PM
Freshman User

dogluvr is starting off with a positive reputation.
GTG

Oh Yeah, you could tie a line to your big toe, and troll for fish, you would not have to wiggle it, the biting fish would. lol

How about Casa de Fruta? Hollister? I have the last weekend in Sept. open. & the 1st weekend in Oct. as well. San Jose, has tail end of Indian summer about this time of year. Actually, all the ideas have merit and are good.

Just my.02dision. Newbie that I am.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:20 AM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Casa de Fruta sounds like a good idea. Much better than rebuilding an engine or transmission, or painting a house. And the last weekend would make it the 28th/29th. Anyone object to this location and time? Or maybe a different location? I am down with this as my schedule is pretty much free any weekend.

Jim
Old 08-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Postmaster

04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold
X 2 casa fruity, and I think they have BBQ pits or I could bring the big grill if yall choose a spot with no bbq. its a pull behind and it will cook for an army, I'm In
Old 08-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Freshman User

dogluvr is starting off with a positive reputation.
GTG Casa...

I will be heading to Merced on Sat. and returning Sunday, so I will stop by .Casa and see what is offerd and what cost might be, if any.

Mike
Old 08-22-2013, 06:34 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Kool, I love it when a plan comes together. Maybe I'll have my diesel Ford by then, or my Explorer, or Ranger or whatever the heck I get. LOL

Jim
Old 08-22-2013, 06:34 PM