1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Stock truck build (pics )

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 08:36 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
Diagnosed the problem Mon. aft. One of the brushes was stuck on the armature which caused the minor smoke issue . Thus a new / used wiper motor is needed . Any one have one they would like to part with ? The wiper motor is the last part to finish up the interior .Will put a feeler out in a new thread & check the classifieds.

JRJ , thanks for the schematic .

Old 04-02-2015, 01:37 AM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
All I can say is "Gorgeous"

Old 04-24-2015, 11:25 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Ross helped me out with a new/ used wiper motor .That problem has been taken car of .

Found some on local to repair the stock 6V radio. .Will be ready in 2 weeks.

Cut off the bottom rear of the front fenders & fit in the patch panels .They were welded in & are at the body shop for paint

A new set of running boards are on the way .

Purchased another gallon of paint w/ hardener & thinner . So have over $1K just in color . That has been the largest expense of this build . Replacement body panels , material s & paint .

When the running bds. & front fenders are done all that is left is application of said parts & get the hood painted and she is DONE, FINISHED , COMPLETED .

Attached Images           
Old 04-24-2015, 11:40 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Door seals applied w/ much careful patience & precise application of black silicone adhesive an nay pcs. of tape .All 4 original clips on each door in the correct places .

Attached Images     
Old 04-28-2015, 08:17 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

final parts

The favorite brown delivery truck stopped by today w/ a new set of running boards . Stopped by the garage on the way to the paint shop & test fit them . All is OK . Should be done by fri. . They also have done some work on the front fenders . Those should be done next week .So hopefully this weekend will be attaching the running boards . Stay tuned for pics . Later , Denny

Attached Images  
Old 04-30-2015, 07:35 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Shiny boards

Retrieved these from the paint shop today . The 5th & 4thto last pcs. of the puzzle .They are so beautiful . Will install this weekend .Fears are some brat/ heathen child / not being watched by parents will climb on them at the local tues. night car show . I may loose it .

Front fenders were being worked on while I was there . Should be done end of next week . Will take hood to the paint shop when fenders are picked up . The hood has been media blasted & epoxy primed . Just needs fine tuning & paint . Looking at mid May for completion .YEA !

Attached Images  
Old 04-30-2015, 08:00 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by firstrider
They are so beautiful . Fears are some brat/ heathen child / not being watched by parents will climb on them at the local tues. night car show .
Those are beautiful!

I used Herculiner on mine because I can't get up into the truck without stepping on the running boards.

Really looking forward to seeing the final product. Nice work!

Old 05-01-2015, 09:33 AM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
So Denny . . . these are "no step steps"?

They do look great. Like JRJ I used Rustoleum truck bed coating on mine. I may have to rethink that now that I have lowered the truck 2-3".

Old 05-01-2015, 09:44 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
But, but, but, running boards were made to be stepped on, even ridden on. Seriously, Denny, that is one fantastic looking truck. May completion date, that gives lots of time to debug and have it at TS15.

I bet I am not the only one here who has stood on a running board while holding onto the door and riding a short distance at low speed of course.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:30 AM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Am going to scotch-brite the front half of the bottom on each & spray some under coating on them to protect the bottoms from front tire debris.

Have some magnetic pcs. from 3M where my brother worked to use a step guards . Some what like magnetic signs .When not in use just press onto the rear underside of the running board for safe keeping till needed for use . Simple .

This was one pc. cut in 2 . It is a stencil for a roller to stamp the backside of micro finishing paper .

Attached Images    
Old 05-03-2015, 08:52 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Running boards check . They look sweet . Getting new boards was the right choice . Magnetic step pads will work great .

Attached Images     
Old 05-04-2015, 08:46 AM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
That truck looks great Denny. Thanks for all the pictures. Keep 'em coming.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:23 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Those look really good!

Old 05-07-2015, 09:05 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Restored another plate . 5 hrs. worth . 4 hrs. of taping it off & not in one sitting ! .This one is very straight & has my birth mon. , yr. & state on it . Will post a pic of it on the truck fri. eve. .along with some other parts that have been done for months & yrs. waiting to be installed .

Also the paint shop called this am. The front fenders are done YES !!!! Have the last pc. to be painted in the van & will drop it off when the front fenders are picked up . Am going to have a hard time staying away from hanging the fenders for a few days while they cure. So if all goes well the truck will be completed this month .Still in limbo as to my Mothers failing condition so may make an unscheduled trip to Wis. soon .

Attached Images    
Old 05-08-2015, 04:30 PM
38 coupe
Cargo Master
Received 109 Likes on 57 Posts
That is going to be one stunning truck!

Quick Reply: Stock truck build (pics )