Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics > Ford In-Vehicle Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ford In-Vehicle Tech Discussion area for Ford Sync, Sync AppLink, MyFord Touch, Ford Supplied SiriusXM Radio, Ford Work Solutions, etc.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2013, 01:44 PM

rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.
2013 navigation system map scolling

Has anyone found a good way of doing it, somtimes I like to find spots to stop on the road. On our Garmin it worked great but not with this thing, it's hard to get the map to move.

Denny
Retired 2000 F350 Lariat SC DRW V10 4.30 Gears BrakeSmart
Air Lifts 4X2
http://www.ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html
Old 08-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
Saw this the other day, but have to go try this myself.

I remember the last time I played around with it, I think it tried to make it a POI (point of interest) wherever I touched the map... I'll get back to you....
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 08-24-2013, 08:46 AM

rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.
I played with some more and I did get to work a little better but it's still a little unhandy (I'm being nice).

Denny
Old 10-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
I've been trying this out, and found that it's not all that bad.

When I want to drag the map around, I first touch the screen and HOLD it for a second or two. THEN drag where I want it to go.

Doesn't do anything strange for me. Just recenters the map where I want it to be.
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 10-08-2013, 09:35 AM

I will try that, I have been trying to scroll it like I did my Garmin and my tablet. I did fire my Garmin back up so I could get the altitude reading that Ford left off the 2013 nav system.

Denny
Retired 2000 F350 Lariat SC DRW V10 4.30 Gears BrakeSmart
Air Lifts 4X2
http://www.ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html
Old 10-08-2013, 09:35 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics > Ford In-Vehicle Tech