Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Northern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Northern Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Freshman User

Force21 is starting off with a positive reputation.
KC Cover or KC Stone Guard

Long story short - I just want to know something that my neighbor said yesterday is accurate. He told me that stone guards are considered "covers" and that since you can use lights with them on it is the best of both worlds.

On the surface that does not sound right - but I thought to ask here.

Interestingly enough I did see a pair of lights (55w) that were 6 or 8" or so that had a white plastic cover that claimed you could use with the lights on. Now to me, that would be the best of both worlds. Legal AND protecting the lights while having them ready to use.

I digress, are stone guards the same as covers for legal purposes?

Thanks, I just want to be informed, especially if I can tell my Chevy Suburban-driving neighbor he is wrong, hee hee hee
Old 08-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Elder User

ZombieSlayer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My understanding is that stone guards (the grills not solid) are not considered covers because they allow light through them. However I did not find any specific mention of stone guards in the CVC section covering headlamps. I'll be nearby the CHP station at the south end of town today so if I remember to stop by and ask I'll report back
Old 08-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Freshman User

Cool ZombieKiller, yeah, it did not seem right to me. The whole idea (from the law's view) for a cover is NOT to allow light, not to protect your glass/plastic lense. Since I did not know I did not say anything to him.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:26 PM
Elder User

ZombieSlayer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
CHP office is closed on weekends now (wasn't last year) so I couldn't get a firm answer. Local PD just gave me funny looks
Old 08-18-2013, 02:33 AM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
CHP office is closed on weekends now (wasn't last year) so I couldn't get a firm answer. Local PD just gave me funny looks
Hahahaha -Now THAT is funny. The CHP guy I spoke with was polite, professional, and seemed like he was thinking . . . "why are you calling us, just put your stupid lights on, use them w/o being an idiot, and no one will bother you." Seems like I was more concerned about following the law then he was in enforcing the law, as odd as that may sound.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Ambassador

hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Force21 View Post
Hahahaha -Now THAT is funny. The CHP guy I spoke with was polite, professional, and seemed like he was thinking . . . "why are you calling us, just put your stupid lights on, use them w/o being an idiot, and no one will bother you." Seems like I was more concerned about following the law then he was in enforcing the law, as odd as that may sound.
and Bingo was his nameoh
Most LEO`s arent giving a rats a$$ unless you look like a thug or doing something stupid. It will give them a legal reason to pull you over, such as tail light out or reg, in search of the bigger prize- DUI

Buford T Justice "There aint No way, No way, that you could come from my loins"
Old 08-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Ambassador

hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
How many and what kind of lights did you go with?

Old 08-19-2013, 12:34 AM
Freshman User

Hey Hanklin, just put on my first set today!!!! I am now a light JUNKIE, hahahaha. I put on the KC 5x7 55w ambers on the two outside light munts on my light bar (connected tot eh grill area. Of all places I went to the local PD station who has a HUGE white wall and I dialed them in. I got the ambers to be sighted in if you will just below the low beams. I plan on hooking them to the low beams and use the switch in the cab as a cut-off when I figure out to do that.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Freshman User

I am so proud of myself that I did not 1. fry my electrical system, 2. that the lights actually turned on, and 3. I did not electrocute myself in the process. For me it is a good day!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:15 AM
Freshman User

Dude . . . LOVE that quote ~

Ohhh, the great one!!!! and then he said something about "I ought to punch your mama in the mouth" or something . . .love it!
Old 08-19-2013, 05:14 AM
Ambassador

Congrats on hook-up and thanks on Buford.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:14 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Northern Chapter