Notices

I dont know if i like that "rendering" of the Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 05:26 PM
brcrk
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down I dont know if i like that "rendering" of the Raptor

You know my "nite" has 5" of lift and the same 35" BFG 's on it. But if you look at the Raptor it seems like they are cutting the fenders and rear wheel wells out for those flares. I know they have to sell it and put it on the market, and I appreciate the fact it has so much travel. But my truck sits on level with the top of the wheels. They are trying to get this Raptor down as low as they can get it while still having the same amount of suspension travel. But, IMO and my opinion ONLY I think they are ruining the looks trying to get into a consumer base in which Ford didn't design it for. This one bad-assss truck...but dont ruin it Ford.

just like my "nite" and my NASCAR" truck...build it just like Mopar built its 60's cars...just like what you started out with the Raptor....dont ruin it because moms want to climb in and go get groceries

Old 08-15-2013, 07:59 PM
cparks
More Turbo
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
They have a huge amount of travel and in part this was in keeping the stance and center of gravity low. Just look at most professional off road "baja" type trucks. If it was looks only, like how your truck sits, but for off road running, keep it low with the best amount of ground clearance, and you can fly.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:22 AM
brcrk
Senior User
Originally Posted by cparks
They have a huge amount of travel and in part this was in keeping the stance and center of gravity low. Just look at most professional off road "baja" type trucks. If it was looks only, like how your truck sits, but for off road running, keep it low with the best amount of ground clearance, and you can fly.
My sentiments exactly! This (Raptor) has huge amounts of travel. It was built as you said to run flat-out in a baja-type environment. But to me the newer model looks a little lower. I am not knocking it---it still looks great and (if it runs like the previous models do...which I am sure it does) it is intoxicating...and well, it was and is designed for totally different styles of "off-roading" than that stiff thing of mine.

(Those stiff front lift springs of mine feel like you could put a D4 Caterpillar on top of them and it would fall off...LOL) Thats why is aint my daily driver...it will beat you to death...dont get me wrong I am not braggin but right the opposite

Old 08-16-2013, 12:28 AM
brcrk
Senior User
I love this one....SuperCrew

Old 08-16-2013, 12:31 AM
brcrk
Senior User
Oh...and look the approach angle of this SuperCrew truck. You can tell it wasn't built for muddin' or rock climbing but built for speed and jumping and everything a baja truck was meant to be!!!

Old 09-01-2013, 12:12 AM
393STROKER
Elder User
Thumbs up RAPTOR

I have a black 2012 Raptor and I drive it pretty hard sometimes. I took it in the mountains in Arizona to do some hiking for a few days. When I was driving out I wanted a BigMac in the worst way. So I was pushing the truck and myself to get down to the hardball in a timely manner. The thing about the Raptor is that you can drive it hard and fast with confidence. I would say that you would have to spend some time behind the wheel to really appreciate how good these trucks are.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:25 AM
brcrk
Senior User
Originally Posted by 393STROKER
I have a black 2012 Raptor and I drive it pretty hard sometimes. I took it in the mountains in Arizona to do some hiking for a few days. When I was driving out I wanted a BigMac in the worst way. So I was pushing the truck and myself to get down to the hardball in a timely manner. The thing about the Raptor is that you can drive it hard and fast with confidence. I would say that you would have to spend some time behind the wheel to really appreciate how good these trucks are.
My friend has a black 2012 and I want it so bad

Old 10-23-2013, 07:36 PM
mustangmike6996
Elder User
Originally Posted by brcrk
My friend has a black 2012 and I want it so bad

If you havent been for a ride or driven it... i highly suggest asking/begging to do so