Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2013, 08:08 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.
"lowered" the front end

When I got my F250 the front leaves were sagged - very common with the usual & obvious signs - front springs bending upward in the middle and front sway bar ends poking down.

I rectified this by importing a Tuff Country Levelling Kit. Leaf packs of 5 leaves each are added under the stock springs and bolted together with the supplied longer U-bolts.

The results was a "4 lift over the sagged height & and increase from 50mm or front suspension travel to 100mm of suspension travel. To equalize I swapped out the standard rear blocks and put in 3" blocks, and in order to soften the ride I also took out the short fat bottom leaf from each side at the back.

After all this the truck never looked quite right because the front looked more lifted than the rear.

So I'm swinging spanners last night getting warmed up, and figure it is time to 'adjust' the front suspension down a bit. 4 hours later the truck is back together after taking the smallest 2 leaves out of each of the front spring-packs - still leaving 5 leaves each side, & still having 100mm of front suspension travel.

All round the truck now the gap between the top of the tyre and the top of the wheel arch 26cms.

Finally, truck LEVELLED for the first time.

While I'm keen I'm planning to do the G2WW change over this w/e.
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
NOT done: big oil, big brakes, big turbo. Next Mods? None - I'm done!
Australia: where Mechanics use spanners & Plumbers use wrenches
Old 08-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Senior User

aussie_f350 has a good reputation on FTE.aussie_f350 has a good reputation on FTE.
Can't wait to hear about the ww!
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...ck-thread.html
Old 08-18-2013, 02:15 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.
Hauling horse-flesh today.

Front end is more compliant now, even my wife said that she thought it was more comfortable. And the nag (i.e. the horse) wasn't screaming in the back.

Re-torqued the U-bolts when I got home, and pulled the steering rod shorter 1 turn to get the steering wheel straight again.

Good results!

G2 WW is next.
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
NOT done: big oil, big brakes, big turbo. Next Mods? None - I'm done!
Australia: where Mechanics use spanners & Plumbers use wrenches
Old 08-18-2013, 02:15 AM