Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 5.0L Coyote
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

5.0L Coyote 5.0l Ford OHC Coyote engine for 2011+

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2013, 07:25 PM
New User

flowgoode is starting off with a positive reputation.
Installed my new exhaust *Video*

Hey guys, I saw a few threads about exhaust options. I didn't see anyone say anything about the Flowmaster catbacks.

Well I got an American Thunder system in 409 stainless steel. It is pretty loud when on the throttle, but when you let off the throttle you barely notice anything. I like the rumble and tone of the system. I have flowmaster's on both of my cars too so, I'm kind of partial.

Anyway...here is a video:

2006 Mustang GT - Intake/Exhaust/Tune
Old 08-15-2013, 02:50 AM
Posting Guru

johnday has a great reputation on FTE.johnday has a great reputation on FTE.johnday has a great reputation on FTE.johnday has a great reputation on FTE.johnday has a great reputation on FTE.
You know I have to ask, how's the drone at expressway speed?

'12 XLT Scab, 5.0, Roush/Flowmaster hybrid exhaust, 3.55 gears, 2" level lift, 3" rear block,Airlift bags, smoked lens/turn signal mod, lower billet grille, rear wheelwell liners, 4 times 4 sticker removed, front airdam deleted, Raptor grille lights, ICC lights under tailgate, HD/SVT head and tail lights, SCTX4 tuner with MPT tunes
Old 08-15-2013, 11:39 AM
New User

I went out to the store today and made a video of the resonance inside the truck at various speeds. It does have some drone to it...but I'm one of those guys that kind of likes it..I like to hear and feel the truck...just my personal feelings about it. I'll post the video after I get it loaded.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Posting Guru

johnday has a great reputation on FTE.johnday has a great reputation on FTE.johnday has a great reputation on FTE.johnday has a great reputation on FTE.johnday has a great reputation on FTE.
All that matters is that YOU like it,it's your truck after all.
But please, do post the video, I for one would like to hear it.

'12 XLT Scab, 5.0, Roush/Flowmaster hybrid exhaust, 3.55 gears, 2" level lift, 3" rear block,Airlift bags, smoked lens/turn signal mod, lower billet grille, rear wheelwell liners, 4 times 4 sticker removed, front airdam deleted, Raptor grille lights, ICC lights under tailgate, HD/SVT head and tail lights, SCTX4 tuner with MPT tunes
Old 08-16-2013, 12:19 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnday View Post
All that matters is that YOU like it,it's your truck after all.
But please, do post the video, I for one would like to hear it.
Yeah, I like it for sure!

Interior sound of 2013 F150 5.0 Flowmaster Exhaust at various speeds. The video was taken with my Galaxy S4 phone in the middle cupholder/fold down seat...the mic is very sensitive so it picks up a lot of sound. I was not talking louder than a normal tone through-out the video for reference. The blinker clicking should be a good reference for sound in the beginning.

Old 08-16-2013, 03:03 AM
Posting Guru

My first thought was," WTF kind of UFO is that one?" LOL!!

Drone like that I can handle. I don't know if you've followed any of my comments in the "Exhaust" foroum, but I now have the so called Roush muffler installed ahead of a 3 chamber Flowmaster, with the 3" Roush pipes out the back. The drone is better, but I like yours better.
With that setup, did you have to do anything with your spare tire? Some systems I've seen, you can't have the spare in it's stock location.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:27 AM
New User

HAHA, yeah that UFO is usually where I put my phone. I have not followed your comments...there is an "exhaust" forum?!? lol I would have posted there if I knew.

I'm new'ish to the forum. I signed up to the forum a while ago when I was looking at getting a F250 powerstroke, but that fell through.

The setup does not require to relocate the spare tire. It routes around it. Both pipes exit the muffler and over the axle on the passenger side of the truck and then one pipe follows the "stock route" and the other goes around the spare tire. It's a close fit...but doesn't interfere with anything.

The only complaint I have is, the drivers side tailpipe, no matter how tight I make the clamp that connects the "over the axle" section to the "tailpipe" section, it will still swivel a little if you try to move it with your hand. I'm going to get under there and make a couple welds eventually to stop that from bothering me.

*EDIT* I just scrolled down a little further in the main forum and saw the exhaust forum lol...I guess I'll make a post there too.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:30 PM
New User

kmastl is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sounds mean, I would like to see some drive by's.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:30 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 5.0L Coyote