Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 08:19 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AUGUST 2013 Everything AND the Kitchen Sink Thread

It's a new month and a new day.

HAPPY THURSDAY!!!

TWC----sounds like you have a chance to make a difference in that kid's life. Good on you!

Old 08-01-2013, 03:22 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happy August Mac, Theo and Dutch

-The Great

Old 08-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 97 white xlt
I had my own coon-a-thon here last night, around mid-night.. I heard something scratching on the front porch, went out to investigate it was 4 about 3/4 grown racoons, that decided my front porch would be a great place to weather the coming rain storm..

Long story short, those little b******s are stubborn as my ex wife, and almost as hard to get rid of!!!

Mission accomplished on both counts BTW!!!!
If I had a choice between 'Coons and my ex - I'd be selling little fuzzy bandit striped critters to pet shops all over the world.

AT LEAST YOU CAN TRUST THEM! Besides, they are more than likely more affectionate once they are domesticated.
* Wild animals also tend to keep their priorities in order!

In closing on the above topic - wild animals are also TRAINABLE - they will learn given a fair chance. I gave that horrible Frayser Trash woman all the rope on earth, and she wound it right around her own neck and jumped right off of the nearest figurative moral and ethical cliff. AS it is a disgusting story, let's leave it go.

I went after my JUNK room today, and it's down to a lime tree, an orange tree, a weight bench that I have finally started cleaning up and refurbishing the iron weights for, and a whole slew of bicycles and parts.
(?) Yeah well - still one or two boxes of old kitchen stuff, and a Sevylor raft in the closet...

It's high time I set about doing something with several of the bikes anyway:

One is an old CHICAGO MADE SCHWINN VARSITY (I need some seriously LOUD yellow paint for that one)
There's the Raleigh I rode to Kitty Hawk from Norfolk one year
My Specialized MTB
And a front and rear suspensioned bike I was going to modify with parts of a donor bike on my back deck.

~I also still have Theologians old 'auction bought' TREK bike. I would have passed it on to who he asked me to at a point, but I considered it an act worthy of the Spanish Inquisition.... That thing is nowhere near acceptable for anyone to ride, it is a TORTURE DEVICE, and I can't imagine who I would hate enough to wish it on at this point or at the time...

Theo? DO you remember riding that down the coast with me and Sissy? I think that was the turning point in your opinion of modern bicycling machinery. As I recall, we went more or less directly to Black Mountain Cycles following that adventure.
* I wonder how Mr. and Ms. Hughes are doing these days...

In all of that I have boxes of old collected stuff like derailleurs, wheels with alloy rims or other interesting salvageables, and some old generators & suchlike

I think today was the first time music was heard in that room in nearly ten years. I should treat the trees to some classical, and see if it actually helps them. They do say plants and animals respond to music, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if it turned out they liked Kenny G, Vangelis, and/or Yanni

~Dutchwolf

PS: (RE: Everything AND the Kitchen Sink Thread ) Around here kitchen sinks often go missing because of the cash value of scrap stainless. If you take one to a metal salvager, you have to wait ten days for it to clear in case it is stolen!
Welcome to modern Tennessee

I bet new ones have serial numbers on them somewhere

Old 08-02-2013, 07:46 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
It is FRIDAY in Tennessee!

Yesterday turned out much better than expected---I found out that I was getting promoted, effective next Friday (09 August). Nice way to start a weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day and a better weekend!

Old 08-02-2013, 09:28 AM
theologian
Postmaster
I haven't ridden a bike for years, probably need to fix up the Townies we have now. A very comfortable ride but we moved somewhere we couldn't ride them and they have been rusting happily and falling apart.
We are still sitting waiting for the funds to fix the truck, that should happen soon then I don't know what we will do or where we will go. That adventure has yet to be determined, we have to sell two houses before I can buy another. We have no clue how long that is going to take - there has been no interest in either so far.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:08 PM
tnguynaford
Senior User
Happy Friday!! Hope everyone has a great weekend! Looks like I have 1 maybe 2 in-tank fuel pumps to replace this weekend. Not much fun, but it helps to fund my old fixer uppers..

Old 08-02-2013, 09:43 PM
White 97 xlt
Postmaster
Good Friday evening everyone!!!!

This place is turning into a zoo, Tuesday night I had 4 3/4 grown Racoons try to take over the front porch, last night one of my dogs was raising h___ out back, went to check it out and there was a 1/2 grown possum standing outside her lot just standing there all sulled up and hissing at the dog.. I think the possum smelled the dogs food and wanted a sample, but the dog was having no part of that crap!!!! A couple of pokes with a broom handle convinced it to move on..

Damned if I ain't gonna have get some bullets for the gun!!!!!!

Old 08-02-2013, 09:45 PM
White 97 xlt
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tnguynaford
Happy Friday!! Hope everyone has a great weekend! Looks like I have 1 maybe 2 in-tank fuel pumps to replace this weekend. Not much fun, but it helps to fund my old fixer uppers..
I just hope the tanks are about empty for your backs sake!!!

Old 08-02-2013, 09:47 PM
White 97 xlt
Postmaster
Originally Posted by macgiobuin
It is FRIDAY in Tennessee!

Yesterday turned out much better than expected---I found out that I was getting promoted, effective next Friday (09 August). Nice way to start a weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day and a better weekend!

Congratulations on the promotion, I hope they promoted a little more money to go with it also!!!

Old 08-02-2013, 09:49 PM
White 97 xlt
Postmaster
I'm with you Wolfie, I would trust the new acquaintance 'coons before I would my Ex wife!!!!!

Old 08-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Customcab
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Congrat's Roger on your promotion. Be safe my brother!!

Old 08-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by theologian
I haven't ridden a bike for years, probably need to fix up the Townies we have now. A very comfortable ride but we moved somewhere we couldn't ride them and they have been rusting happily and falling apart.
We are still sitting waiting for the funds to fix the truck, that should happen soon then I don't know what we will do or where we will go. That adventure has yet to be determined, we have to sell two houses before I can buy another. We have no clue how long that is going to take - there has been no interest in either so far.
Rent or lease them - they can become extra income

A local management outfit can even run the entire concern for you - a turn key hands off operation.

~Properties may not sell on the market as it is today, but there are always people looking for a place to live.

I could not afford to rent an apartment in my area - it would be at least a grand a month. But my house payment is less than half of that!
HOUSES generally run a bit more in rent, with caveats that they be maintained. Much cash can be made from security deposits as well.

It's a notion to consider, especially if you no longer care about those places

You can also recover them if you need them.

It is at least a thing to think about - and you are in an excellent position to go in that direction.

~Additional income is always good...

You own those places outright, do you not? They are paid for?
All you have to worry over is property tax and insurance.

The utilities will not be your concern

Between the two of them, they should be well able to cover a new mortgage, and leave you cash left over.

Sound like a workable plan?

* One or both of them can also serve as collateral to secure a loan

~ Just thinking on your behalf....

Wolfie

PS: As an interim measure, look into it, and see what kind of a line of credit comes of it all

Old 08-03-2013, 05:03 PM
theologian
Postmaster
I own nothing. All have mortgages.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:49 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Thanks for the congrats. A very little more money comes along, but I am grateful.

Hope everyone's repair plans and animal menageries are all taken care of.

Have a great Sunday!

Old 08-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by theologian
I own nothing. All have mortgages.
Well, that was unexpected. I wonder how it could yet work...

I suppose in the interim they could be leased or rented UNTIL they were sold, as they are vacant. In the mean time, one of them would be the place to get to and hole up until the situation is tenable.

If the one is the disaster you mentioned however - I can't imagine who but a hillbilly would want it.

A travel trailer now - on the ruined place you mentioned...

DO YOU STILL HAVE THE ALUMINUM TWINKY????

* I certainly hope you do, the fooking thing is a collectors item, and you shouldn't part with it

Were I you - I'd go back there with the airstream and make a stand.

~ and then sue the britches off of some people...

Does the place have power, water, and a septic system?

You could build or have built whatever you wanted to on 26 acres

IT IS THE SPACE that matters, isn't it?

~ Wolfie

PS: Take a second look, and think about it

PPS: And still have a lawyer go after them!!!

As a former Californian I can tell you - there is money to be made in that
But you need to get settled. As that place is closest - you might as well use it for something
You are adjusted to living in the MACK, why pay more park fees?

Figure out how to hook it up to city power and water (etc) on the property you have got, and use it as a base

The rest will sort itself out if you stand your ground.

Quick Reply: AUGUST 2013 Everything AND the Kitchen Sink Thread