Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Simon,

How many tunes do you have on the chip if tune 14 is the 140 extreme

Old 11-09-2013, 04:21 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
15 tune positions NOT counting 00 = stock, & N5 for no start. I saved 15 for teen driver, ATM teen for me would be anyone under 40 !

All tunes for me were off the shelf, stock injectors, stock HPOP, stock turbo (albeit WWG2), but they did have the stock tune flavours available with modified valve-body, which I have.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:26 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
The truck was towing the horse float yesterday. When I started the truck in the 40-Tow tune I could not believe just how quiet and smooth the engine was idling. Probably a combination of tuner, HPx, & FRx I guess.

Old 11-24-2013, 02:07 PM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

Glad your happy with the Tuner Simon. Theres nothing worse than spending that money - waiting all that time - going through the hassle of a install to only be dissapointed. Trust me, Im talking from experience. Looks like you will giving me a run for my money.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:27 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Money well spent, just a few issues, minor niggles really:
1) Can't have the switcher over near the headlight switch cause the ribbon cable is too short - could try to fix but too much hassle for now, on the to-do list well down though.
2) I also purchased the Edge Insight with EGT - fitted the probe to the RH exhaust manifold, but the unit doesn't seem to recognise the Aussie (Brazilian) VIN and doesn't pick up any of the sensors other than MAP & speed. Edge want you to ring their help line for support which means I need to have the unit in the truck or plugged into the computer & the ability to switch between, also on the to-do list but ATM I'll just use it for MAP, EGT, speed, & run-time;
3) I also got the USB cable for USD25 - may as well just have bought an extra long one here for A$10 and then had enough length in the lead to mount the plug by the bonnet release.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:38 PM
Kramer73
Senior User
Hey Simon

I have ordered mine today. Hopefully I will be just as pleased with mine as you are.
Thanks for the feedback on the chip

Old 12-01-2013, 04:12 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Just got back from a 500k round trip, lightly laden, to the NSW south coast (Moruya) and back. I ran in the +75 fuel sipper tune. Fantastic, smooth throttle, good power-up for overtaking, I'll have to work out the fuel 'economy' later, but I am still really impressed with this product (i.e. PHP hydra tuner)!

Old 06-16-2014, 04:43 PM
oz71BBroadster
New User
Hi Simon, so after living with the Hydra for a few months any feedback? I would be really keen to hear first hand how it has been performing, if you have had any issues, if it has had any positive or negative effect on mileage or the million dollar question would you recommend?

Cheers,

Pat

Old 06-17-2014, 12:54 AM
Aussie BrianB
Senior User
Originally Posted by oz71BBroadster
Hi Simon, so after living with the Hydra for a few months any feedback? I would be really keen to hear first hand how it has been performing, if you have had any issues, if it has had any positive or negative effect on mileage or the million dollar question would you recommend?

Cheers,

Pat
Ditto that.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:47 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Hey guys, sorry for my tardy response. Very happy with the Hydra - would definitely buy again - money well spent.

Having said that, a lot of my mods were necessary before installing this tuner - gauges, JWVB, boots, plenim inserts, WWG2, exhaust, inlet, FRx would be the minimum mods before adding something like this.

I'm using the +80 Daily Driver now as my default tune. Truck is returning about 1 ltr per 100k better fuel ecomony as far as I can gather.

I've got the Edge Insight all dialled in now too, it is picking up the Brazillian VIN and finding all the different sensor input ID's so I'm running an 8 gauge face, with exhaust probes left and right.

This truck is a real keeper now, it runs perfectly, is easy to fix, but seems rock solid no matter what I throw at it.

A couple of notes:
1) supply your own USB long, standard USB plub both ends, so you can plug in the laptop to change tunes should you choose to do so.
2) if you get the Edge bundle - do NOT download the software update - just run it out of the box - a supplied cable plugs into the OBDII under-dash plug.
3) see if you can source a longer ribbon cable which connects the switch to the PCM piggy-back board so that you can mount the switcher under the headlight switch.

Enjoy!

Old 06-17-2014, 05:52 AM
oz71BBroadster
New User
Hey Simon, thanks for the response that's all I needed to hear, will pull the trigger on the Hydra:-)
Good luck on the electrical problems.

Cheers, Pat

Old 07-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

FFS something else on the to do list..

Now I know why I don't come here much,u basterds...

Sounds interesting the hydra..

Old 07-21-2014, 07:18 PM
artie49
New User
hi brYan have lost all my contacts email addresses in old computer if you still have my email address could you forward your email address to me regards artie

Old 07-24-2014, 06:36 AM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Originally Posted by artie49
hi brYan have lost all my contacts email addresses in old computer if you still have my email address could you forward your email address to me regards artie
No wuckers,on it.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:03 PM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

yeh, like ya fence

Quick Reply: Hydra multi-position chip?