Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > 2014+ Transit
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2014+ Transit 2014+ full size Ford Transit Van, Wagon, Cutaway and Chassis-Cab

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Senior User

jam105 is starting off with a positive reputation.
E-450 Display Question

I recently purchased a motor home on a E-450 chasse. The year model is 2013... I noticed the display does not have all the items (display screens) the manual speaks of. Wondered if they disabled the selections due to it being shipped as a chasse to the RV Mfg...And if so can Ford turn them back on?
2008 6.4L F450 Lariat, 4:88's. Long Bed, Crew Cab

2004 Forest River 30 foot 5th Wheel
2004 RS
2006 Mini Cooper S Vert
35' Catalina
1952 Indian
1949 Indian
http://forums.delphiforums.com/FordDieselPower/start
Enter Truck Of The Week
Old 08-12-2013, 07:20 AM
Official Ford Rep

FordService has a great reputation on FTE.FordService has a great reputation on FTE.FordService has a great reputation on FTE.FordService has a great reputation on FTE.FordService has a great reputation on FTE.FordService has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam105 View Post
I recently purchased a motor home on a E-450 chasse. The year model is 2013... I noticed the display does not have all the items (display screens) the manual speaks of. Wondered if they disabled the selections due to it being shipped as a chasse to the RV Mfg...And if so can Ford turn them back on?
Hi jam105,

I checked out your Owner's Manual (3rd Printing) and found the display options you're referring to starting on page 84. Some of the options (such as Compass and Oil Life) are listed as "if equipped". If your vehicle is not equipped with these options, they will not appear in your display. If you believe your vehicle should be equipped with these options, give your local dealership a call and they'll be happy to help you out.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
Old 08-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Hi jam105,

I checked out your Owner's Manual (3rd Printing) and found the display options you're referring to starting on page 84. Some of the options (such as Compass and Oil Life) are listed as "if equipped". If your vehicle is not equipped with these options, they will not appear in your display. If you believe your vehicle should be equipped with these options, give your local dealership a call and they'll be happy to help you out.

Crystal
Thank you..I thought average MPG and a systems check was standard on these..I could be wrong.

2004 RS
2006 Mini Cooper S Vert
35' Catalina
1952 Indian
1949 Indian
Enter Truck Of The Week
Old 08-13-2013, 07:31 AM
Official Ford Rep

FordService has a great reputation on FTE.FordService has a great reputation on FTE.FordService has a great reputation on FTE.FordService has a great reputation on FTE.FordService has a great reputation on FTE.FordService has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam105 View Post
Thank you..I thought average MPG and a systems check was standard on these..I could be wrong.
Hi jam105,

I checked the Order Guide for the 2013 E-450. The Instrument Panel Electronic Message Center is listed as optional for the cutaway van and is not available for the stripped chassis. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
Old 08-13-2013, 04:13 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Hi jam105,

I checked the Order Guide for the 2013 E-450. The Instrument Panel Electronic Message Center is listed as optional for the cutaway van and is not available for the stripped chassis. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Crystal
Thank you Crystal...

2004 RS
2006 Mini Cooper S Vert
35' Catalina
1952 Indian
1949 Indian
Enter Truck Of The Week
Old 08-13-2013, 04:13 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > 2014+ Transit