Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics > Ford In-Vehicle Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ford In-Vehicle Tech Discussion area for Ford Sync, Sync AppLink, MyFord Touch, Ford Supplied SiriusXM Radio, Ford Work Solutions, etc.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Freshman User

tincan1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sync updates?

Hi all I just purchased a 2012 F250 XLT. It was a leftover. Only had 43 miles. So I 've gotten the sync tech set up. According to the Mysync web page I have the latest software. I find it hard to believe that sync hasn't been updated. Anyone know about updates?
Thanks in advance,
Jim
Old 08-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
If it's within the past few days, it's very possible the Ford dealer did already perform the 3.6 update.

If you go to the syncmyride.com website and register, in there you can find a version checker. Install it on a USB flash drive, go through the instructions which include plugging it in your vehicle, and then pop it back into your computer. The web site will confirm what version you have, and tell you if you have an update available.

Is it a My Ford Touch system with the big LCD panel in the middle, or just the Sync system without the touch screen?
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 08-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Freshman User

It's the Sync without the Touch screen. According to the web page it's up to date. I think it's odd that the 2012 hasn't been updated.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tincan1 View Post
It's the Sync without the Touch screen. According to the web page it's up to date. I think it's odd that the 2012 hasn't been updated.
I've noticed that they come out with a version release for different platforms at different times. They may have pushed the Touch release up earlier than the standard Sync system.
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 08-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Freshman User

Yes I noticed that. I'm logged into my sync and I'm reading some features. Pretty good information. I bet they'll be coming out with an update for the regular sync. I'm running
Gen 1 4.0.2
Old 08-17-2013, 02:28 PM

rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.
I just downloaded a update for my 2013, I downloaded it to a usb dive and pluged it into my usb port in the truck and did everything on its own. I'm not sure but I think it helped the voice recognition for the navigation system.

Denny
Retired 2000 F350 Lariat SC DRW V10 4.30 Gears BrakeSmart
Air Lifts 4X2
http://www.ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html
Old 08-26-2013, 03:55 PM
Freshman User

Thanks I'll check it out!

Jim
Old 08-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Freshman User

No updates for the 2012 regular Sync. According to Ford's website. Oh well.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Senior User

JohnnyThunder is starting off with a positive reputation.
I updated my system Sept 29th 2012 and it is up to date according to the website so I wouldn't be suprised your truck is as well.
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Old 08-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Freshman User

Us 2012 folks will have to wait. They did update the touch sync. We're not worthy yet.
DOH!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:10 PM
Junior User

wpinef is starting off with a positive reputation.
There is an update for the SYNC system in our trucks it is 4.2.1.4 and it does not show for some reason on the website but it showed on oasis. I found out about it when talking to ford in vehicle tech support bad news dealer only update I have an appointment Friday morning.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:34 PM
New User

Neolise is starting off with a positive reputation.
I down loaded the latest update from sync. But when I installed it in truck it wouldn't recognise the files? Wondering what I did wrong?
Old 09-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Freshman User

could be any number of things, what did you download, and what version of sync do you have prior to the download. If it's the touch version there is an update if it's the "basic " Sync I doubt there is an upgrade. Mine is an 2012 and there are no updates as of yet.
Jim
Old 01-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Postmaster

bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.
Wish they would update compatible phones. Called ford helpline and my Nokia 920 isn't compatible with basic sync.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:06 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics > Ford In-Vehicle Tech