Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Connecticut Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Connecticut Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: StreamlineGT

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2003, 03:34 PM
Senior User

rebelbob is starting off with a positive reputation.
off roading in CT?

hey last time i looked i didnt see the connecticut chapter im glad its here now.Any of you guys go off roding with your 4x4's? and have lift kits on your trucks at all?i do....i live in north haven ct....maybe we can all find a place around here to go 4 wheeling?

Old 06-14-2003, 08:46 PM
Posting Guru

mbnv992 is starting off with a positive reputation.
off roading in CT?

Sounds good to me, but I don't have a lift I have a chip if that counts

Mod's Are Listed in My Gallery TRADED for car on 04/05

2006 F-150 SuperCab Black, 14 miles, XLT loaded
Old 06-17-2003, 10:23 AM
Senior User

RichCT is starting off with a positive reputation.
off roading in CT?

I have a lift on my truck. Don't know of any "legal" places to off-road in CT. CT pretty much sucks.
-Rich
'02 F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Short Bed 4x4, V10, 4:30 LS.

Mods: 6" Skyjacker suspension lift, adj. track bar, 315/75-R16 (35") BFG Mudders, 16"x10" Mickey Thompson Classic II rims
Old 09-07-2003, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

Ford_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputation
off roading in CT?

That it does. I have gone in Sterling state forest with a friend of mine. I guess it was an exercise is being illegal- off roading at night in a state forest, bonfire, illegal fireworks (it was the 4th of July), and beer. Oh well. There is so much undergrowth in the woods here that unless you have an old Bronco, or a beater like mine, you will scratch up your paint.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:47 PM
New User

Sreilly346 is starting off with a positive reputation.
off roading in CT?

I know of a few small places in Fairfield that I go, mostly illegal but one legal one. I usually go with my friends with lifted Jeeps. I have a mostly stock 90 Bronco that I used untill I got it stuck and blew my torque converter.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:03 PM
New User

mrmuddin is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool Off Roading in CT

Howdy out there to anyone who likes the mud,
I noticed that many of you are looking for places to go off roading, I recently went to Union CT and found some very good trails along breakneck pond. You will need a lifted 4 wheel drive vehicle to access these trails do the large amount of mud and boulders. I go 4x4ing regularly in CT so if anyone is interested email me at mrmuddin4x4@yahoo.com.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Posting Guru

rhetor is starting off with a positive reputation.
All i can find are short trails that often end up in someone's back yard

If you guys have any good trails, especially legal ones in the the Fairfield county area, Let me know! I'd love to meet up with someone and have a nice off roading adventure.

New truck- 1971 F-100 2wd 302/AOD
Old 06-02-2004, 01:26 PM
New User

silent1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
What about eastern CT? I'm in Rhode Island, and there isn't a RI forum (surprise).
Old 08-08-2004, 05:36 PM
New User

ry352wagon is starting off with a positive reputation.
decent system

i live up in stafford, have an 87' f150 with 38.5s and my parents own about 200 acres. it was logged in the mid 90s. i've opened up most of the trails around here but all my friends are too into their builds to actually go wheeling. i raced harescrambles out in union for years... and the area your talking about is mint. to bad my truck isn't legal.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:31 PM
New User

JAHrabak is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey I live in Tolland. Im sure you know its right next to stafford. Im looking for people close by to go wheelin with. My bronco isnt anything special yet but still holds its own. I found a nice place in ellington with lots of trails but im still looking for some more close places to explore.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Freshman User

JTQ0919 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Justin Quinn
I used to do a little bit of wheeling in Portland but decided I dont want to destroy my nice truck anymore. Hopefully this summer Ill be able to get something to transform into a wheelin machine, im looking for a late 70s bronco or F series
Old 01-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Postmaster

jthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to all
42209261 Fordx4bronc3545
I have come across a few places to take the truck off the beaten path, but they are all illegal. Most of them are powerline trails.
Gone but not forgotten: 86 F150 4x4 I6(offy DP, Holley 465cfm, EFI exhuast manifolds, walker y-pipe, ARP head studs, D.U.I. HEI distributor) C6-NP208F, 2 1/2" rough country lift, 32x11.5x15 Cooper Discoverer STT
Old 01-17-2013, 08:16 AM
Post Fiend

acf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputation
miles.degrandi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHrabak View Post
Hey I live in Tolland. Im sure you know its right next to stafford. Im looking for people close by to go wheelin with. My bronco isnt anything special yet but still holds its own. I found a nice place in ellington with lots of trails but im still looking for some more close places to explore.
You are in toll and? What do you drive? I'm right over in Manchester

I agree, I love off roading but not in my truck in mud anymore
coming soon: BPD water pump, Dieselsite HPOP, running for more than a week

Old 01-27-2013, 08:09 AM

Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
TomB985
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHrabak View Post
Wow, you bumped an 8 year old thread! I live just up the road from you in Union, and I'd be curious to see if anyone comes up with anything. Of course my Ex is mostly stock and probably wouldn't do well off road, but it would be fun to get stuck once or twice!

Currently truckless.
Most recently: 2013 F150 XLT 4x4 EcoBoost
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced
Old 07-15-2013, 12:36 PM
New User

Ranger guy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry352wagon View Post
i live up in stafford, have an 87' f150 with 38.5s and my parents own about 200 acres. it was logged in the mid 90s. i've opened up most of the trails around here but all my friends are too into their builds to actually go wheeling. i raced harescrambles out in union for years... and the area your talking about is mint. to bad my truck isn't legal.
Hello since you opened up the trails, do you have any qualms letting people wheel on them? My buddy and i are looking for some good trails....
Old 07-15-2013, 12:36 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Connecticut Chapter

Tags
4x4, 4x4ing, breakneck, connecticut, ct, eastern, ford, legal, offroading, places, pondunion, roading, trucks, union, wheelin, wheeling