Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Supercharger, Turbocharger, Nitrous Oxide & Water/Methanol Injection
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Junior User

I6roughneck is starting off with a positive reputation.
Snow Performance on a 03 4.0?

My family just bought a 03 7 passenger explorer with the V6. Has anyone put a snow performance set up on these to give me some feedback. Mainly wanting to up the MPGs any little bit I can. It has 119,000 miles on it and is super clean and seems to be free of any mechanical trouble. I work for a car dealer and we bought it at auction for the lot. I ended up buying it for a steal at $5,000. The only thing I had to do to it when we brought it home from auction was replace the upper control arms due to bad upper ball joint boots. Next week I plan on doing a fuel filter and running some BG44k through the tank. Soon I will try to get to a trans fluid/filter change. Any other input on raising my MPGs is welcome. I have always tried to avoid "performance" chips and the like for various reasons. Water/meth seems to me to be the safest way to add a little to her. Would it be worth the money spent?
Old 08-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Senior User

stoffer is starting off with a positive reputation.
water meth on an N/A vehicle???
Old 08-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Junior User

The company claims it still works, especially in the MPG aspect. Was hoping there was some real world experience out there and not just hype from the people trying to sell the product.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:48 PM

Beechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to behold
There will be no performance or MPG gains...the primary purpose of the system is to cool the cylinders reducing pinging/detonation, allowing higher operating temps & pressures. On a stock engine....you could build a water vapor injector out of a mayonnaise jar and accomplish the same thing.....same effect as driving in the rain!
Old 08-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Junior User

Well I am glad I didn't wast 800 on hype then. I was skeptical but was still hoping for it to work. Would be nice to get better MPGs.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:20 PM

Beechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by I6roughneck View Post
Well I am glad I didn't wast 800 on hype then. I was skeptical but was still hoping for it to work. Would be nice to get better MPGs.
FYI---if your engine was modified (non-stock) you would have a need for the application..........
Old 08-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Senior User

stoffer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I6roughneck View Post

if you were after MPG's you'd have to see a HUGE increase to pay for $800 worth of "upgrades" in fuel savings
Old 09-19-2013, 01:28 AM
Elder User

speedwrench72 is starting off with a positive reputation.
BETTER MPG'S= Leave earlier, put a book on tape, in the 8trak, slow down.
Wanted 93 crew cab f350 idi... Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voteing on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well-Armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin... My Boy is a MARINE.... 72 F250 390 HI BOY 4speed.... 91 E350 7.3 idi..KF7POL
Old 09-19-2013, 09:08 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

RIKIL has a great reputation on FTE.RIKIL has a great reputation on FTE.RIKIL has a great reputation on FTE.RIKIL has a great reputation on FTE.RIKIL has a great reputation on FTE.RIKIL has a great reputation on FTE.
I plan on getting a snow performance kit for my truck later this year due to me having a blower and the air heating through that before it enters the intake. Of course, I'm not going to complain about the extra power I'll get either. I'll chime in again after I've had a chance to play with it a bit.

While I don't think it is much at all, I do think the MGP will improve a little. The water vapor and cooler temps helps the cylinder burn fuel more efficiently. But I certainly don't think it's worth $800, it would take wayyyy too long to recuperate that money if you got better mileage.
Red, 1992 F150, 351W, E4OD, Vortech V-2 Si trim blower, Snow Performance water/meth injection system, custom cam, Edelbrock Performer intake, Twisted Wedge 205cc heads, shorty full-length headers, MASS Air (converted), tuning with QuarterhorseRT, 4x4, short bed, 33" tires
Old 09-19-2013, 09:08 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Supercharger, Turbocharger, Nitrous Oxide & Water/Methanol Injection