Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Senior User

winklershop is starting off with a positive reputation.
6.0 Injectors

6.0 Liter Injectors

What expericences have you guys had with injectors?

Can they be cleaned, tested and resealed?

They can be replaced for around 250 each from ford.

Ive called around and no one seems to want to do anything with them.

What have you guys had good luck with?

These injectors have 80,000 miles on them, with alot of black build up on them, our egr cooler was cracked too. i want to make sure they are good before they go back in.

Whats the best way to go? how can i clean them test them check them, reseal them?

theres got to be a more cost effective way then just replacing all 8 for $2000

What do you guys think?!

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Post Fiend

Rusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant future
About 1/4 of the way down the Tech folder page is some good info on injectors. First one is labeled "Stiction Fix"(Thanks Blade35). Couple more just below that one.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/30...ch-folder.html
2006, King Ranch, F250, Lariat, Super Duty, Powerstroke, FX4, CC, SRW, 20in Ultra Motorsports Goliath wheels. 2in leveling kit, Husky 16K roller hitch, ScanGaugeII. Sinister coolant filter. Blue spring. BPD EGR cooler. Riffraff CAC boots w/metal cold side tube, STC update. Fumoto valves. Rotella ELC. DashBoss. '08 Mirrors. Mishimoto Rad and 200° stat.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Senior User

injectors

Thanks Rusty...that is some good info.

What do guys think about these injectors?

i have all the injectors out, i dont really know of any problems with them before we pulled them out. they look pretty dirty, its hard to see the holes where the fuel comes out. i cant find anyone that knows how to clean them test them and reseal them, probably because they are disposable? anyway i wonder if i can just clean the tips with some carb cleaner and a wire brush? there is no way to hook them up and test them because of the high pressure oil rail. if we can get them clean i guess we just put new orings and copper washer on them and put them back in. i attached some pictures.

I went ahead a ordered the amsoil by pass oil filter kit because i like the idea of filtering down to 2 or 3 microns to help keep the oil cleaner and its going to help keep the injectors clean and from sticking.

I want to do the fuel regulator bypass loop on the heads to give even fuel pressure to every injector and help keep the 7 and 8 injectors cooler...but its another 600-800 dollars depending on the kit i get.

i already have over 2k in parts. arp studs, head gaskets, egr stealth delete, standpipes, dummy plugs, blue spring, oem oil cooler, coolant bypass filter, oil bypass filter, edge insight guages and EGT sensor, sct egr delete tune and towing tune, STC fitting, had the heads lightly milled cleaned and checked, intake cleaned.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Posting Guru

99ExpyProblems has a very good reputation on FTE.99ExpyProblems has a very good reputation on FTE.99ExpyProblems has a very good reputation on FTE.99ExpyProblems has a very good reputation on FTE.
I didn't think the 6.0 Injectors could be DIY 'rebuilt'. Unless you are referring to o-rings and such, I think you have to buy new injectors. I'm interested in seeing the replies and what the techs say.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Post Fiend

Rusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant future
The DieselStore offers testing and cleaning $35 each. I don't have any first hand info on their service but it is interesting.

We Can Test Your Diesel Injectors
2006, King Ranch, F250, Lariat, Super Duty, Powerstroke, FX4, CC, SRW, 20in Ultra Motorsports Goliath wheels. 2in leveling kit, Husky 16K roller hitch, ScanGaugeII. Sinister coolant filter. Blue spring. BPD EGR cooler. Riffraff CAC boots w/metal cold side tube, STC update. Fumoto valves. Rotella ELC. DashBoss. '08 Mirrors. Mishimoto Rad and 200° stat.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:45 AM
Senior User

mustangmike6996 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have heard of a few people who do ultrasonic cleaning, is that what you are talking about?
Gone- 96 Stang, 06 Stang, 10 Stang, 08 F150, 04 HD F250, 10 Raptor (I enjoy cars/trucks too much)
Old 08-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Senior User

that is a good idea....i wonder if we could just dip the tips of them into the cleaner...i think you have to physically hook the injector up to a eletric current...i dont think that would cause any problems to the injector. what do you guys think, i watched a youtube video on ultrasonic cleaners and the stuff just comes off, its pretty cool. i just want to make sure my injectors and clean and are good to go so i dont have to do anything to them for another 200k miles, since i have the oil bypass filter setup to help protect the injectors
Old 08-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Post Fiend

BLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant future
so you got the passenger side head out without touching the HVAC Box
2003 6.0, 4X4 srw, short box, born on 3/28/03 Moog ball joints,DC POWER 190A ALT Duralast Goldtop batterys 10/7/2012,RECON LED SMOKE MIRROR LENS,4 inch turbo back magnaflo exhaust,no kitty, 6 in. lift, BFG 315/75r16, python remote start alarm,pioneer system2 12''subs 1600watt amps ,scangaugeII,coolant filter, blue fuel pres spring, Fresh oil cooler 6/1/11 Final Charge Cat EC-1 rated Silicate Free ELC coolant, Sinister Full egr deleate, ROTELLA T-6 5w-40syn,updatedHPO screen,updated oil filter stand pipe, TC SX8000
Old 08-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Senior User

yeah we were able to get the heads off with out messing with the hvac box...they still had the factory head bolts though...when we go to put in the ARP studs we are going to have to take a motor mount off and tilt the motor to get the head in and the ARP studs to clearance the HVAC box....we figured that would be faster than having to reclaim the refrigirant and have it recharged. what do you think?

blade what do you think about cleaning those injectors?
Old 08-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Senior User

So i dont know what else to do with these injectors...so im going soak the tips in carb cleaner for a while and then clean them with a brand new fine bistle brass brush...i dont know what else to do...
Old 08-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Post Fiend

acf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputation
miles.degrandi
I believe to cure stiction you need to clean the spool valves, or something like that. I am far from an expert on 6.0 injectors, but my buddy told me to do that before i bought new injectors. I am just going to buy new injectors anyways though
coming soon: BPD water pump, Dieselsite HPOP, running for more than a week

Old 08-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Posting Guru

raptor131 has a great reputation on FTE.raptor131 has a great reputation on FTE.raptor131 has a great reputation on FTE.raptor131 has a great reputation on FTE.raptor131 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADE35 View Post
so you got the passenger side head out without touching the HVAC Box
Blade has an eagle eye for pics and details, lol!
05' silver f-350 lariat 6.0 psd 4x4 crew cab drw, 4"inch turbo back exhaust, BPD oil cooler condenser mount, powermax turbo,dc power 190Amp OEM High Output Alternator , coolant filter, auto meter: boost, coolant temp, trans temp, egt, voltage. scan gauge II, Rds 91 gallon fuel tank toolbox combo, ready lift 2.5 leveling kit, blue spring mod.Fumuto oil drain, AE w/ford enhanced bundle.Air lift 5000 series rear air bags, SCT x4 powerflash with gearhead custom tunes Srl , 8k tow, unlimited tow. 2010 forest river Cherokee 35ft TT
Old 10-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Senior User

6.0 Bullet Proof update

So we got our first bullet proofing done. we did the STC fitting, upgraded high pressure oil plugs, upgraded fuel stand pipes, ARP head studs with factory ford head gasket, blue spring fuel spring upgrade, coolant bypass filter with extended life coolant, factory oil cooler, amzoil engine oil bypass filter, EDGE insight guages with exhaust temp sensor, SCT towing tune 50HP gain, riff raff hot side CAC boots, and of course EGR stealth delete by tig welding block off plugs. bullet proof FICM power supply. we did all of this, with out pulling the cab, with out loosening the motor mounts and without disconnecting the AC box. Check it out.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Senior User

POORBOY1964 has a good reputation on FTE.POORBOY1964 has a good reputation on FTE.
Nice job did how did you get to the back stud on the drivers side?

2002 SCLB 7.3 4X4 lariat Wife's ride
Old 10-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Elder User

05F250DSL is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I cleaned the heck out of the ones I have pulled put new o rings on remember to lube them with clean oil when reinstalling. The holes are very very tiny on the tip where the fuel comes out.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:38 PM