1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

OT, Sure appreceiate FTE folks.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:49 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
OT, Sure appreceiate FTE folks.

Most of you remember the dishonesty that became the rebuilt c4 from ebay. Well I just drove a hundred miles each way to purchase a door for my 87 year old mothers car, off of craigs list. I thought the guy was being nice to remove the door, and load it for me, until I got home and started to install it. That's when I realized is was really lite, because he had gutted the door of the motors, glass lift and everything else. I drove the all that way because he advertised and told me that it was intact, and there for more expensive. The whole purpose of this post is to bring up just how nice it is on FTE to associated with people that are honest, kind, and helpful. I don't know what has happened to the rest of the world but it seems as if folks can get away with something anything goes. I don't get how people smile as they lie to your face and sleep at night. It's not a secret that I was an addict for years and have spent the last 20 years of my life trying to make up for my past wrongs, but even at my worst I had morals.. I figure things like this may be a payback, which I gladly accept. I sure love you folks, and appreciate this site, which I can't say enough.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:22 PM
kenjh
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
part of life ..but as you say it is better here ..although we do have our moments too !! can you swap the bit's from the old door ?...your mom still drives ?? up here the drivers licence people make you retest at 80 .. on a computer ..not many get to keep driving .my mum lost her licence and say's it's like having your legs cut off ...anyhow ..good luck ..it's gotta get better ..righ t??

Old 07-31-2013, 07:33 PM
Drewski 2
Laughing Gas
Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by underthebridgejim
Most of you remember the dishonesty that became the rebuilt c4 from ebay. Well I just drove a hundred miles each way to purchase a door for my 87 year old mothers car, off of craigs list. I thought the guy was being nice to remove the door, and load it for me, until I got home and started to install it. That's when I realized is was really lite, because he had gutted the door of the motors, glass lift and everything else. I drove the all that way because he advertised and told me that it was intact, and there for more expensive. The whole purpose of this post is to bring up just how nice it is on FTE to associated with people that are honest, kind, and helpful. I don't know what has happened to the rest of the world but it seems as if folks can get away with something anything goes. I don't get how people smile as they lie to your face and sleep at night. It's not a secret that I was an addict for years and have spent the last 20 years of my life trying to make up for my past wrongs, but even at my worst I had morals.. I figure things like this may be a payback, which I gladly accept. I sure love you folks, and appreciate this site, which I can't say enough.
Unfortunately, it's a different world we're living in. Honesty is definitely lacking these days. I driven a lot of miles to buy an item listed in a local paper or craigslist only to find that it is far from described condition.

I miss the days of a man's word and handshake being as good as a written contract.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:41 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kenjh
part of life ..but as you say it is better here ..although we do have our moments too !! can you swap the bit's from the old door ?...your mom still drives ?? up here the drivers licence people make you retest at 80 .. on a computer ..not many get to keep driving .my mum lost her licence and say's it's like having your legs cut off ...anyhow ..good luck ..it's gotta get better ..righ t??
Oh yeah Moms driving days are about over, infact that's why she wants to fix it up a little as, she plans a on passing it on to my son. As far as the door goes Ill just swap out the guts of the old one. Im just surprised at how things have changed these days in the honesty department, and needed to vent a little. Thanks.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:30 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,778 Likes on 1,819 Posts
Jim,
sorry to hear about your being taken by a shyster.
I don't like having to be suspicious of every deal and to always question things. your positive outlook on life and willingness to trust people is refreshing and I hope you never change.

You're a good man
Bobby

Old 07-31-2013, 08:43 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 606 Likes on 377 Posts
What goes around, comes around... that jerk will get it back two-fold

You can't let stuff like that get to you.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:56 PM
The Horvaths
Posting Guru
Jimmy, you're not the only honest ex-addict and/or former homeless person on this forum.
There are at least two of us. I also constantly try to make up for past self-depreciation and a misguided lifestyle. I've gone on to get clearance and work in anti-counterfeiting for multiple world banks. Right now, I help to design medical equipment. We can make a decent comeback! It's hard to go through such rough times, not stooping to crimes against others, and then take it in the chops from some thug. One thing's for sure, it makes us good folks sure look that much better. I, too, have enjoyed my dealings with forum members. Many thanks, guys, gals, and, yes, even Julie (misguided forum humor).

My wife had somebody (deliberately??) pull out in front of her car today. A minor fender bender, thank goodness. Now they claim that their daughter was hurt. It looks from here like they just taught their child how to scam an insurance agency. Good grief!

Keep up the good work and have relentless faith in your abilities and pride in yourself.

Last edited by The Horvaths; 07-31-2013 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Typo(s)
Old 07-31-2013, 09:41 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jim, sorry to hear that you have had some bad luck with shysters. I hope you keep your head up - the problem is certainly with them. Ask anybody on this forum and they will all say what a good man you are! Always positive and caring.
We have all had our share of dishonest people who lie to your face. Many years ago I bought a winch, when I had little money, to pull trees that I had cut to build a log cabin for my parents. The guy told me that it worked great, just needed one little part that could easily be bought. Being the trusting naive soul that I was, I bought it. I spent many hours trying to hunt down the part needed (I don't remember exactly what it was now) and finally found out that it was no longer made and nobody had one. The particular winch that I had had been terminated because of that part being too weak. It became a useless piece of junk, one that I paid over $200 for (40 years ago when $200 was a lot of money).

Old 07-31-2013, 09:53 PM
tinman52
Welder User

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
So many takers out there.....people only care about themselves. It has gotten so bad around here I'm ready to move...

Old 07-31-2013, 11:54 PM
kenjh
Posting Guru
Jazz on the TV .. cruzing through here .. it's a good night ..thanks for sharing guys..