Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Cooling, Heating, Ventilation & A/C
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2013, 01:38 PM
New User

oldmanXJ is starting off with a positive reputation.
EATC problems on 96 Explorer Eddie Bauer 5.0L

My AC isn't working on my 96 Eddie Bauer 5.0L Explorer. Mechanically everything is fine. The problem is that there is no drive coming out of the EATC to activate the clutch on the compressor. Both the high and low switches are fine. I can probe the connector on the output of the EATC and drive the purple wire with 12v and the compressor clicks on and I get cold air. I have run the built in self test and got 888 back so it isn't showing any problem.

I was wondering if a bad cabin temp sensor could cause it to not turn on the AC? I am going to go to the heat setting and crank down the set point to see if the heater will turn off. Does anybody have any experience with this? Is there anything else I should check. I have the real Factory wiring/troubleshoot CD for 96, but it won't load on my Win7 laptop.

I'm an electrical engineer and was wondering if there is an output drive transistor that might be blown. Does anybody have schematics for the EATC internals?
Old 07-31-2013, 01:38 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Cooling, Heating, Ventilation & A/C