Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2013, 01:21 AM
Senior User

MrAgent007 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.MrAgent007 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
2013 F350 SRW King Ranch Chrome Clad Aluminum Wheels

Hello, just took delivery of a 2013 F350 SRW King Ranch today with the above referenced tire/wheel option and was curious which aluminum rims are used under the chrome clad cover? Does anyone have any pictures of these rims? I am probably going to order a set of the optional 20" aluminum King Ranch rims. Thanks for any information.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:48 AM
MMC (SS) Bubblehead!

Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.
Chrome Clad aluminum?

since when? Ford likes to put Chrome cladding on steel wheels. got a picture?
Old 07-31-2013, 02:04 AM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
He may be talking about the alloy ones with the plastic chrome
cover that is glued on. What is under that is just unfinished alloy.

Sean
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 07-31-2013, 02:24 AM
Senior User

MrAgent007 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.MrAgent007 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
They are the rims!

Sean, they are the rims. I did not realize that the covers were glued on. When I purchased my initial impression was that they were chrome plated aluminum. After the first washing I realized these were chrome plated plastic covers. I am probably going to order the 20" painted aluminum KR rims because I am not to impressed with the plastic covers.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:23 AM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAgent007 View Post
Sean, they are the rims. I did not realize that the covers were glued on. When I purchased my initial impression was that they were chrome plated aluminum. After the first washing I realized these were chrome plated plastic covers. I am probably going to order the 20" painted aluminum KR rims because I am not to impressed with the plastic covers.
I so much agree. They make me thing cheep and cheesy. The one up side
is that they are engineered to work with the truck and the rated load.
I understand that most aftermarket rims are not.

Maybe someone can give more info on this.

Sean
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 07-31-2013, 07:37 AM
Elder User

CarlT100 is a name known to allCarlT100 is a name known to allCarlT100 is a name known to allCarlT100 is a name known to allCarlT100 is a name known to allCarlT100 is a name known to all
Congrats on your new F350.

Retired US Army
Old 07-31-2013, 06:52 PM
Senior User

azking_Ranch has a good reputation on FTE.azking_Ranch has a good reputation on FTE.
Be ready for sticker shock on those 20" KR rims.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:17 PM
Senior User

TosaFords is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.TosaFords is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Just looked it up, MSRP on a 20" KR rim from the 2013s is over $1200 per wheel including the center caps.

I guess after spending almost $5k on new wheels they might mount and balance them for free?

You could go aftermarket and buy all 4 rims and possibly a matching spare for less than the cost of a single wheel.

2012 F-250 XL CC/LB 4x4 - 6.2L V8 - 3.73 E-Locker - FX4 - 35/12.50/17 Toyo Open County MTs - ReadyLift SST 2.5" Front / 3" Rear Lift

Old 07-31-2013, 10:18 PM
MMC (SS) Bubblehead!

Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.
you can buy OEM 20's with brand new tires for about $2k on eBay. I've got my eyes on a few sets of OEM 20" Harley rims. Just can't justify the shipping charges yet
Old 08-11-2013, 11:32 PM
Senior User

Thanks

Hello, thanks everyone for your replies. The dealer I had purchased my truck from will sell me a set of four for a total of $3,200. Their price for these 20" premium aluminum rims seems pretty good for new right out of the box. Unfortunately I am in Lancaster County, PA and my Ford dealer is in Vernon, TX so I wont get a free mount and balance of the tires. After the new rims are mounted, I guess I can sell my chrome clad rims on eBay and get something for them.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:32 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty