Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Ford V6 > 3.0L V6
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Post Fiend

LMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputation
06 3.0 V6 advice

Hi. I posted this in car buying advice and after 76 views, havent gotten any responses. I really have to make a decision on this today if anyone can give me an opinion. I have zero experience with the 3.0.

Heres the scoop. I have a short window (by tommorrow) to pull the trigger on an 06 Taurus SE with only 30,000 original miles.
However....
1) Passenger side both doors, quarter and rear bumper cover deeply sideswiped, totally driveable but looks bad.
2) Needs tires, brakes and IAC (guess, lag upon acceleration)
3) The car was NOT maintained at all. In fact, I'm guessing the motorcraft oil filter and filthy black oil might be from the factory or the 1st change by the dealer. Ditto for the other fluids.
The owner developed dementia, I know the family and they'll take 800 bucks for it or it goes to auction on Monday.
I can deal with the body, paint, tires and brakes with no problem but I don't know much about the 3.0 V6. Assuming the worst (original oil in this heap) do you think a lot of damage/wear has been done? The car has seldom seen anything but short jaunts to and from work when she was able to work.
Any input would be a great help.
Thanks in advance.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Post Fiend

lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.
My 03 ranger with the 3.0 has 2 burned valves at 40 k. It had a Ford long block installed in it with 50 miles on it when I bought it. It never had any power & drank gas . I get 16 highway. I will never own another 3.0 v6.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Post Fiend

LMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputation
Hey Howard, hope youre recuping quick.
I fixed the Taurus up, drove it for about 2 weeks, hated it and sold it to the first taker for 1800 bucks...still a good deal on an 06. City gas mileage s uc ked and it barely could get out of its' own way. Made a couple of hundred bucks on it but I honestly would have sold it at a loss. The most uninteresting and uninspiring driving experience in my 54 years. Bland like a slow taxi.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:49 PM