Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: jredline1984

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-26-2013, 12:01 PM
MT Head Cheese

jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.
Talking 79 Indy Pace Truck Build

Well after much poking and prodding from some of you I have decided to start a build thread on the '79. I have had it for a few years now and have taken quite a few pics along the way.

I initially bought the truck as i thought it would be a cheap to get it back up and running and use it during winter time and be able to park the GTO i was driving at the time-I gave up drinking and snorting cocaine shortly thereafter.

Day I picked her up:

Got her home and no sooner did she develop a flat

At first I thought she was a plain jane 79 but after I looked closer at the body tag I was able to determine she is in fact a 79 pace truck

Yeah I know, she is far from her former glory. From a distance the body looks good but upon further inspection there are huge gaps from the cab having been rolled at some point, the front frame horns are bent, and the box has a lovely rust tone bubbling up through the Walmart Krylon limited edition paint but having my heart set on the truck I still bought it. I now take someone along to slap me when I start to make a stupid vehicle purchase.

Later that summer I decided to do a cam swap to pep the ole girl up. Pulled the cam and low and behold half the cam lobes were wiped along with the cam bearings missing a few chunk out of them thus explaining the rough running condition I was pulling my hair out trying to find.

With the engine needing new cam bearings I decided to pull the engine which was fun. Being new to the dentside scene I was unaware of the front end coming off in one piece and had to jack the hell out of the hoist to get it up high enough.

Upon pulling the pan I found that the low oil pressure was due to the original FOMOCO main bearings being worn completely through so I figured what the hay, might as well freshen her up so I disassembled everything outside to get her ready for the machine shop

That was some of the nastiest oil I have ever huffed, er smelled, in my life. Pretty sure a couple birds flying overhead dropped dead in their tracks.

So I saved up my pennies for awhile and was able to take the block to the machine shop for a hot tank and while I was at it had the 2V heads for my 351C assembled so I could use them on the truck. Luckily I didn't have to overbore anything so I just slapped some new rings on the OE pistons

Box-o-Parts

Had a chance to huff some paint and get some new Ford Blue on the block:

Brought to you by Sobe Citrus

Seeing as how I have a small door and assembled the short block in my room, I had to install it sans heads:

In hindsight I should've painted the water pump because it completely rusted out a year later, ugggh! Gave me an excuse to intall a Flowkooler pump though

Got the truck back together just in time for the snow to fly and for the transfer case to go out. I got pissed and ended up selling my GTO for a 2007 F150 that winter which in hindsight I take to be divine intervention as my dad starting talking to me again shortly thereafter. He's not a fan of GM products so there was a period of time I was disowned

The saga will continue once I have time to post up some more pics
~Corey #3, Slackmaster #17 & Avid Winter Hater
'79 Indy Pace Truck Build '07 F150 4X4

Residents click Here to Join the Chapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluxetruck View Post
"I don't always order carbs. But when I do, I order the biggest mf'er I can find." -The most interesting internet engine builder in the world.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:18 PM
SPONSOR

WADE MMT/PSD has a spectacular reputation.WADE MMT/PSD has a spectacular reputation.WADE MMT/PSD has a spectacular reputation.WADE MMT/PSD has a spectacular reputation.WADE MMT/PSD has a spectacular reputation.WADE MMT/PSD has a spectacular reputation.WADE MMT/PSD has a spectacular reputation.WADE MMT/PSD has a spectacular reputation.WADE MMT/PSD has a spectacular reputation.WADE MMT/PSD has a spectacular reputation.WADE MMT/PSD has a spectacular reputation.
Not sure what I am liking more, the sweet pics or the fantastic back story. Great start to the build thread. I am subscribed

wsnow@minutemantrucks.com ,http://www.minutemantrucks.com/
#1 WINTER ENTHUSIAST & OFFICIAL SLACK MASTER #30
Old 07-26-2013, 01:33 PM
MT Head Cheese

jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.
Thanks for the compliments!

Quote:
"I don't always order carbs. But when I do, I order the biggest mf'er I can find." -The most interesting internet engine builder in the world.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Postmaster

79CAMOFORD is a splendid one to behold79CAMOFORD is a splendid one to behold79CAMOFORD is a splendid one to behold79CAMOFORD is a splendid one to behold79CAMOFORD is a splendid one to behold79CAMOFORD is a splendid one to behold79CAMOFORD is a splendid one to behold
kyle martin stidham MT406CWBY
About time Corey!!!!
1967 Mercury Cougar, Custom yellow paint with a chromed out 302

No boost, No bottle......ALL BALLS AND THROTTLE
Old 07-27-2013, 05:32 PM
MT Head Cheese

Says the guy who hasn't updated his build thread since last year....

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - 79 F-150 Build Thread!!!! bye bye camo paint

Quote:
Old 07-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Postmaster

79CAMOFORD is a splendid one to behold79CAMOFORD is a splendid one to behold79CAMOFORD is a splendid one to behold79CAMOFORD is a splendid one to behold79CAMOFORD is a splendid one to behold79CAMOFORD is a splendid one to behold79CAMOFORD is a splendid one to behold
kyle martin stidham MT406CWBY
At least I've had mine up before your build thread
1967 Mercury Cougar, Custom yellow paint with a chromed out 302

No boost, No bottle......ALL BALLS AND THROTTLE
Old 07-28-2013, 04:09 PM
Posting Guru

mont974x4 is a splendid one to beholdmont974x4 is a splendid one to beholdmont974x4 is a splendid one to beholdmont974x4 is a splendid one to beholdmont974x4 is a splendid one to beholdmont974x4 is a splendid one to beholdmont974x4 is a splendid one to behold
sweet project, brother.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:42 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Poke, poke, poike.....Nice job man!!
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:42 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter

Tags
79 pace truck build