Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics > Ford In-Vehicle Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ford In-Vehicle Tech Discussion area for Ford Sync, Sync AppLink, MyFord Touch, Ford Supplied SiriusXM Radio, Ford Work Solutions, etc.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2013, 10:49 PM
New User

LongislandMarine is starting off with a positive reputation.
In dash Navigation upgrade 2011 to Ford touch

The dealer is delivering my 2011 F250 6.7 diesel Monday. Its a Lariat but has no in dash navigation system. I will be putting one in right after I get the truck and am on the fence as to what unit to get. My thoughts are the new Ford MYTouch system which i hope will fit into the 2011 model, kenwoods DNN990 or pioneers App radio version. I want something really nice and the text speak and email features are appealing to me. It would be nice to interface with the existing bluetooth also. I like the idea of the app radio by Pioneer but it just seems like these devices all get very proprietary and throttle down access to which apps are available. I plan on using an android phone and was wondering if anyone else has had the same requirements that I do regarding high tek Navigation, sound and functionality. has anyone used any of these products?
Thanks
Old 07-26-2013, 10:40 AM

2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold
If you want hi tech navigation, that throws the factory unit out the door. Trying to take the MFT system from the new SD's and dropping it into an '11 is not worth the effort in my opinion (and would require pretty extensive/expensive customization since it has HVAC controls, etc in it).

My android phone pairs fine with my factory unit, but if I was looking for a new head unit, it definitely wouldn't be a factory one.

Welcome to FTE.

Matt
2011 F350 - 6.2 CC, LB, 4.30s, Lariat Ultimate pkg, FX4, Amp steps, Lockpick, AC LC6i, JL HD900/5, JL 13TW5, JL C5-570's, Bilstein 7100 stabilizer, Rancho RS9000XL's, Leveled w/ 35" Toyo M/T's and 5 Star tuned
**Sold - 2000 F250 V10, 6.5" Pro Comp, 37" Toyo MT's
Old 08-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
I concur on not trying to retro-fit a Touch system. They are so integrated into EVERYTHING in the vehicle, it's incredible. Aftermarket, you've got so many choices, I wouldn't even know where to start.
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 08-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Moved to new IVT forum

Rest in peace STEVE, STEVEBRICKS, my west coast brother. 08/06/14
Old 08-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Elder User

CarlT100 is a name known to allCarlT100 is a name known to allCarlT100 is a name known to allCarlT100 is a name known to allCarlT100 is a name known to allCarlT100 is a name known to all
I had a Kenwood in my F350 in place of the stock radio. It worked fine; the Bluetooth was flawless. The navigation system was Garmin, which I prefer.

Retired US Army
Old 08-08-2013, 12:44 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics > Ford In-Vehicle Tech