Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Ford V6 > 3.0L V6
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2013, 08:35 AM
New User

scottdeese is starting off with a positive reputation.
Unhappy Sensor issues; swapping a 95 for 99 engine:

I am helping my mechanic (shade tree) put a 99 vulcan engine into my 95 ranger. there seems to be alot of uncertainty concerning the sensors. one on the front has different connector then the wire for it has; And he said he can't find the wire that goes to the camshaft sensor. Are there alot of differences in in 1999- 3.0 and the 1995- 3.0 engines?
I am not sure if the guy seen a place to put the new cps on the 1999 engine. Will the computer work with this other engine? What have I got myself into? Also, with the wire connections not matching the sensor connections, what would be the wisest; change the wire connections or change the sensor. I think my mechanic will choose the easiest solution regardless of whether it is right, and not care about experimenting while I am paying the bill. I already have more money in this truck then I will ever get out of it. My only hope is that it works well and for along time. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:35 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Ford V6 > 3.0L V6