Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

KY Chapter Meet plans for September 2013

Old 07-18-2013, 01:09 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
KY Chapter Meet plans for September 2013

Alright guys, I hate to be brutally honest, but I've noticed that we seem to piddle back and forth on these discussions up to the point and then it just dies away.

I've already went through and messaged all the KY chapter members that've been active in the past 2 weeks, on this.

John (CampSpringsJohn) and Garry (homade) have already replied that the last 2 weeks of September would work for them to be able to attend a meet.

I'm not gonna center this around 3-4 people; But rather those that can ACTUALLY make it to a meet with 2 months ahead of time plans.

Not trying to sound prickish, or like a total **** since I've became chapter leader, but in reference to similarly sized states, we seem to lack the communication/socializing that they do.

So now, Sept. 15-30th, who's up for a meet?

Last 2 meets were in Lexington, at Sonic and then after 2 hrs or so of BSing, we made our way to Bud's gun range/shop and had an absolute blast (No pun intended)

The most recent one was in Morehead, at Kory's shop (SuperDutyTrucks,LLC) and at Crackerbarrel. We had 7 members to meet up total, and it was a nice GTG..

So out of Morehead and Lexington, which one would garner the most members to ACTUALLY show up? Not saying that I'm asking for a soul as collateral for the meet, but I personally don't wanna toss $65 in fuel, and 4 hrs driving time to go to Lexington and find out no one else came; Just as I wouldn't expect anyone else to put theirselves in the same situation.

We've had really good results with 12/noon to 1pm being the approx. meeting time at wherever, as it gives PLENTY of time to drive, etc.

So what's it gonna be guys? Lets get some ideas flowing, as to what everyone would like to see happen at this next meet, and see what we can come up with!

Old 07-19-2013, 12:35 PM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 857 Likes on 456 Posts
I'm going to try to make it to Truckstock this year. If you're going to meet on a Sunday afternoon, like the last meet I attended, I'll still try to make it. It will depend on the weekend.

We're pretty well booked for the next four months, but on some weekends everyone is gone by noon on Sunday. On other weekends, they're here most of the afternoon.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:54 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by EffieTrucker
I'm going to try to make it to Truckstock this year. If you're going to meet on a Sunday afternoon, like the last meet I attended, I'll still try to make it. It will depend on the weekend.

We're pretty well booked for the next four months, but on some weekends everyone is gone by noon on Sunday. On other weekends, they're here most of the afternoon.
Sunday's are the best for meets, IMPO as there's not a ton of traffic, and everyone usually has the day off.

So far, we have the following dates available for a meet in Sept.

15th, 22nd and 29th.

So what exactly would everyone like to do? Just meet up at a restaurant, cook out, or?

Old 07-20-2013, 11:41 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Question

Hellooooo helllloooo hellooo

Anyone here?

Old 07-21-2013, 07:49 AM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

<sound of crickets>

Old 07-25-2013, 01:14 PM
RAY1986F150
Laughing Gas
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Dang Wes. This is nuts. We are still planning on moving to Mt. Washington in October/November. As soon as I get settled I will be more active here. I agree with you, KY chapter needs to step up their game. We Okies out west are killin ya'll with chapter involvement.

Anyways, I plan to get active in the KY chapter and host some Louisville GTG's. I have two small sons that I would love to get involved in a few years with group meets and work on projects. Sort of like a Truck Scouts of America pow wow if you will.

Seems to me like the biggest hurdle for the KY chapter is everyone is so spread out. I'm lucky, I live 10 minutes from one of the most active FTE'rs in the country and he and I get together often and work on stuff. And there are a lot of FTE'rs in Tulsa. So we have a nice crowd for the GTG's. Wes, maybe we can work together an plan a strategy for recruiting FTE'rs at local car show's or something.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:47 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by RAY1986F150
Dang Wes. This is nuts. We are still planning on moving to Mt. Washington in October/November. As soon as I get settled I will be more active here. I agree with you, KY chapter needs to step up their game. We Okies out west are killin ya'll with chapter involvement.

Anyways, I plan to get active in the KY chapter and host some Louisville GTG's. I have two small sons that I would love to get involved in a few years with group meets and work on projects. Sort of like a Truck Scouts of America pow wow if you will.

Seems to me like the biggest hurdle for the KY chapter is everyone is so spread out. I'm lucky, I live 10 minutes from one of the most active FTE'rs in the country and he and I get together often and work on stuff. And there are a lot of FTE'rs in Tulsa. So we have a nice crowd for the GTG's. Wes, maybe we can work together an plan a strategy for recruiting FTE'rs at local car show's or something.
Maybe...

If things don't pan out for September I suppose we could re-do things for October/Nov.

All depending on the weather. I was hoping to get one in, that we aren't freezing our nads off, or burning the heck up...

Old 07-25-2013, 02:46 PM
RAY1986F150
Laughing Gas
I love working on trucks in the cold. Nothing better than a cold morning in my cover-alls and a pot of coffee to keep me warm. I'd rather freeze than burn.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:56 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

I love working on trucks in the cold. Nothing better than a cold morning in my cover-alls and a pot of coffee to keep me warm. I'd rather freeze than burn.
No fly's or 'Skeeters to irritate the **** out of you just as you lift that one particular piece into place with both hands and can't fight with them.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:20 PM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Wes, maybe we can work together an plan a strategy for recruiting FTE'rs at local car show's or something.
Boonesborough Boogie Nationals, October 11, 12, 13, 2013
Just a suggestion.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:41 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by EffieTrucker
Boonesborough Boogie Nationals, October 11, 12, 13, 2013
Just a suggestion.
I like the idea!

Old 07-25-2013, 05:18 PM
RAY1986F150
Laughing Gas
Where is Boonesborough? If its not within 30minutes of Louisville I'm sad to say I probably won't be participating much. Driving to Eastern KY for a GTG will have to be a once a year sort of thing with gas prices the way they are.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:19 PM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Where is Boonesborough? If its not within 30minutes of Louisville I'm sad to say I probably won't be participating much. Driving to Eastern KY for a GTG will have to be a once a year sort of thing with gas prices the way they are.
It's probably more like an hour and a half, depending on where you will be in Louisville.

It's worth it though. There were over 800 cars last year.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post12369854

Old 07-25-2013, 10:52 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Ft. Boonesborough is just south of Lexington. Exit 95 off of I-75, go east a couple miles and you are there.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:10 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Boonesborough is about 90-95 miles from me, 1 way..

Given I can get another ECM in Michelle, and some other stuff done up, I MIGHT be able to make it.

It's an easy $75 for me to drop by...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: KY Chapter Meet plans for September 2013