Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics > Ford In-Vehicle Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ford In-Vehicle Tech Discussion area for Ford Sync, Sync AppLink, MyFord Touch, Ford Supplied SiriusXM Radio, Ford Work Solutions, etc.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2013, 08:06 AM
New User

damada is starting off with a positive reputation.
2008 F250 Nav Radio Problem

I have a 2008 Ford F250 with Navigation radio. I just bought the truck in last few weeks. All was working fine till I went into Nav and pressed one of the buttons, front of the radio opened up, Nav DVD came out....I put it back in and since it is telling me there is a DVD install problem....DVD is dirty or install upgrade DVD.....I ordered the newest DVD and still the same problem.
I just want to be able to get back to the radio/CD....have tried several things including disconnecting battery for a few hours, taking both radio fuses out....can't seem to reset the radio. Everytime I turn on truck, the radio tries to load Nav DVD, then says to clean, etc.
Any help please....
Thanks, Mark

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/al...ctureid=134417

There are 2 pics in this link that pertain to this problem....sorry for not knowing the proper way to post these pics....
Old 08-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Moved to new IVT forum

I AM TOTALLY EXHAUSTIPATED!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:50 PM
New User

Still have not resolved this issue....anyone have any ideas?
Many thanks, Mark
Old 08-14-2013, 08:00 AM
Senior User

cuda66 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mark, i would say to perhaps stop by your local dealer and ask to speak to a technician about the issue. Might be something simple that he can quickly tell you how to fix.

Or a car audio shop as sometimes they do sub contracting for dealers that want accessories installed.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
The only thing I can think of is either the drive itself is bad, or there's a bunch of dust on the lens. Which means take the unit apart to get to it.

Not sure if the URL will work, but maybe this would work:

Amazon.com : Memtek 32020029479 CD and DVD Lens Cleaning Kit : Dvd Cd Lens Cleaners : Electronics Amazon.com : Memtek 32020029479 CD and DVD Lens Cleaning Kit : Dvd Cd Lens Cleaners : Electronics
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 08-16-2013, 06:45 PM
New User

I have been to 2 Ford dealerships, with no luck....ordered a new Nav update CD off Ebay...a copy....but all say they work.....no luck.
I was given the number to NavTeq by Ford....talked with them, tryed all their common fix instructions....nothing.
I would like to talk with someone at Pioneer, who makes this system for Ford, but haven't tried yet.

If I go to a big Ford dealership, does the machine they hook up to the computer of the truck diagnose radio problems?

Next time I'm in town will try the CD lens cleaner....cheap trial and error and the units in the house could probably use a cleaning as well...
Old 12-25-2013, 12:19 PM
New User

yelbike is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm in the same situation. I my Lincoln lt has given me grief only once but my wife expy has quit quite a few times and now is completely dead with no access to music either. I'm guessing the lense is dirty. Have you found a fix yet?
Old 01-23-2014, 01:17 PM
New User

Nav radio problem

Howdy man...sorry so long to get back with you. I went through every means of trying to get my radio working....couldn't. I finally started looking for a new one, wanting to stay with factory, so I didn't have to buy all the extra wiring harnesses, etc.
New at the dealer was well over $2000 and best I could find on Ebay was around $900. Finally found a very reputable guy on Ebay that buys and reprograms these radios, super nice guy and great prices, he sold me a nice Nav radio, plug and play for around $500, which included the $200 12P Nav disc, which is the newest. He can even fine tune your programming to your specific build of your vehicle by Vin #.
His Ebay nickname is: techguyjim6227 and his email is jimatabri@gmail.com
Give him a shout and see if he can fix you up....
Hope you find a solution....Mark in TX
Old 01-23-2014, 01:17 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics > Ford In-Vehicle Tech