Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Excursion Remodel

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 01:02 AM
Peace2Peep
Laughing Gas
Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for the compliments guys! It really is a journey of love and passion for these awesome trucks! Here are a few updates:

I decided to put a bit more entertainment for my kids in the back seats:

Here's the package for my little gamers:

My poor installer is gonna have a tough time making all this stuff fit! I can't help it...when I can buy an Xbox like this one for under $100...it just needs to be in the car!
And with my MiFi device from AT&T, I can actually stream Netflix through XBOX live! This system will even allow my kids to go online and play other people from around the globe! Technology is one crazy thing, eh?

What are these you may ask? All of you who know about the inherent risk of not removing the roof rails may not know that they are necessary to install what's coming next!

Here's what I am super-excited about!

That is a Tracvision a7 satellite tv system that will put every channel that I have currently for my home Directv package...INTO MY TRUCK! The charge to add this mobile 12v receiver and get service on the road is only $5 to add it to my set of receivers and controllers. The timing of this couldn't be better as baseball heads into the late summer schedule and football is only about five weeks from launching!

Here's the receiver and mounting hardware:

I cannot wait to do some mean tailgating with this truck in the Fall! I am getting more and more excited as the Summer rushes by! I can't wait to get back over to the installation shop to get more pictures of my installer's progress! If you need an outstanding install guru, check our Doug Gibson at Coastal Motorsports in Orlando. Home

More to come soon!

Old 07-27-2013, 07:14 AM
HokieHiVPI
More Turbo
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Forgive me if previously stated, but what type of alarm are you putting on it, or already have? I've always had Viper (DEI) products in all my previous trucks and I'm looking at one of their smart start with security packages now... wondering if that's what you had as well.

Looking good!

Old 07-27-2013, 10:23 AM
Mattb60
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, I like to think that I have seen some crazy stuff but this is ...

AWESOME

Who is doing this for you ? I am in Lower Alabama (L.A.) and am seriously hoping that you say somewhere in the panhandle.

Can you give a ballpark estimate on cost ? I would be most interested in labor costs to strip everything out and do the sound dampening.

Again ...

AWWWWWESOME !!!

Old 07-27-2013, 11:21 PM
Peace2Peep
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by HokieHiVPI
Forgive me if previously stated, but what type of alarm are you putting on it, or already have? I've always had Viper (DEI) products in all my previous trucks and I'm looking at one of their smart start with security packages now... wondering if that's what you had as well.

Looking good!

HokieHiVPI: you have a PM

The Viper equipment is awesome! It's pretty much some of the most reliable stuff out there(All of DEI pretty much is). I recommend a lot of alarms out there! Most companies are great...but the INSTALL is the most part. The best installer can make a so-so alarm dependable and most effective! A bad installer can make a $1000 unit act like a piece of crud!

The installers are the key to great car audio/security!

MAttB60: I am using a great technician in Central Florida. His name is Doug Gibson and he runs a shop called Coastal Motorsports:

Click Here--------> Home <-----Click Here

He does amazing work and is very creative!

More pics to come!

Old 07-28-2013, 12:42 PM
fordboy2
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
How much does the direct tv system run if I can ask. I was thinking about that for my wifes EX too.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:17 PM
cameeks
Posting Guru
Think he posted it was a $5 add on to his plan he already had for the house.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:23 PM
fordboy2
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Yea I read that but I am wondering how much the system is.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:55 PM
maximuse34
New User
You can buy the receiver dish on Amazon for between $3,600 to $5,000 depending on model. I have looked at them for when we are on the road with our trailer. They are super sweet to have.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Peace2Peep
Laughing Gas
I found my Tracvision a7 system online. Check your local Craigslist and Ebay. There are deals to be had! I got mine for a great price of $1200. Don't be discouraged, there are quite a few people selling everywhere.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:34 PM
maximuse34
New User
Lowest I found was $2600. For what you got yours I would definitely pull the trigger and get it. I never checked CL though for it, never thought I would find one there.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:20 AM
lopealle
New User
OP it's funny you post this thread. I was just talking to my wife about doing the samething to our EX. I have to wait until I get back from Afghanistan to get started on mine though. Awesome items you have listed.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:35 AM
cameeks
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by fordboy2
Yea I read that but I am wondering how much the system is.
My bad. I don't have DirectTV and I thought it was a package thing they had. Wish they would do it like if you were adding another reciever to your home.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:37 AM
Alex F
Senior User
I'm looking at adding the TV dish to the top of my Ex, does painting it black cause issues?

We have DirectTv now so I'm assuming I can add it on.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:10 AM
lopealle
New User
OP what part of Orlando do you live in? That's my old stomping grounds. I might have to get the work done at the same shop if I drive down that way

Old 07-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Peace2Peep
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by lopealle
OP what part of Orlando do you live in? That's my old stomping grounds. I might have to get the work done at the same shop if I drive down that way
We're on the north side, not far from Altamonte. My installer is in the city...more on the Orange Ave area. He's amazing and worth a look! His contact info is mentioned several times on this thread.

Alex F: The Tracvision unit can be painted any color you want but it does come in two colors; black and silver. If you are talking about a home antenna, it can also be painted any color you desire to match the color of your home and better blend in.

Cameeks: With Tracvision you can do it as an add-on receiver to your home package or sign up fresh contract, but I'm not sure how that new contract thing works. I have DirecTV as my home service so it is just an add on fee of $5 month for the additional receiver in the car.

More pics to come!

Quick Reply: My Excursion Remodel