Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > Ride Of The Week
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2013, 09:53 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
7/14/13 Ride of the Week

This Ride of the Week is very close to my heart. I have a 53 Panel that I hope looks as good as this one some day....

Congrats to Capt'n Phillips from Washington State!

This is one sweet ride!

Too many mods to list here, so I'll just post a link to his garage with all the mods and many more pictures!

Link: 1954 Ford F100 4x2 - Beast Customs 54 F100 Panel

Enjoy!
Attached Images

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 07-14-2013, 10:05 PM
New User

Pickup Man Jack is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hummmm I see a bow tie under the hood???
Old 07-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Senior User

Capt'n Phillips has a great reputation on FTE.Capt'n Phillips has a great reputation on FTE.Capt'n Phillips has a great reputation on FTE.Capt'n Phillips has a great reputation on FTE.Capt'n Phillips has a great reputation on FTE.
Larry Phillips (Capt'n Phillips) Capt. Phillips
Thumbs up Really?!?!? I won?!?!

I'm stunned. What a way to start my week.
Now to address my fellow FORD purist's. The PO stuffed this Bow Tie under this hood. 1st chance I get a decent FORD Iron is going to replace it. Many more modes are in store for this Panel. A Glory Grill with stacked rectangular headlights adorning a rolled front pan. The rear roll pan will get a recessed license plate mount with backup lights. This will hide the class III hitch behind the tilt down license plate. The interior will also get a make over. High back bucket seats that have a center console nestled between them sporting a shifter, stereo, rear backup cam/GPS screen and other accessory switches.
Someday (when I'm rich and famous) I'd luv to slip a full replacement chassis under her skirt with both IRS & IFS. Paint will be a two tone light burgundy upper and black gloss lower separated by a gold strip and pen striping.
Thanks again for making my week with honoring my company truck as "Ride Of The Week"!!
P.S., Hang in there FabManDelux, beat anything with enough time, money and frustration and your truck will probably surpass mine in short order.Capt'n

Old 07-15-2013, 01:18 PM
New User

Pickup Man Jack is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ps, I think it looks great just the way it is!!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:35 PM
SPONSOR

WADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputationWADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputationWADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputationWADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputationWADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputationWADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputationWADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputationWADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputationWADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputationWADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputationWADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputation
Real nice ride. Even with that motor Really, a real head turner for sure.

Congrats Capt'n

wsnow@minutemantrucks.com ,http://www.minutemantrucks.com/
#1 WINTER ENTHUSIAST & OFFICIAL SLACK MASTER #30
Old 07-15-2013, 09:28 PM
New User

bigbuilder is starting off with a positive reputation.
I love it!
Old 07-16-2013, 12:36 PM
Postmaster

Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.
Congrat's on ROTW; looks sharp; run the motor and keep on Trucking my brother!!!
57 F100 SWB 351C/FMX; (Big Window)
65 Flairside SWB "Wife truck" (300/AOD)
62 F100 SWB 302/C6 (orphan box) Old Skool build
Old 07-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Senior User

Capt'n Phillips has a great reputation on FTE.Capt'n Phillips has a great reputation on FTE.Capt'n Phillips has a great reputation on FTE.Capt'n Phillips has a great reputation on FTE.Capt'n Phillips has a great reputation on FTE.
I can't thank you enough for all the kind words and accolades. It really means a lot.
BTW, my youngest daughter has decided to take up Pin Striping and I think I've got just the blank canvas for her.....whatya think? Color suggestions?

Capt'n

Old 07-16-2013, 03:52 PM
SPONSOR

WADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputationWADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputationWADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputationWADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputationWADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputationWADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputationWADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputationWADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputationWADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputationWADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputationWADE MMT/PSD has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt'n Phillips View Post
I can't thank you enough for all the kind words and accolades. It really means a lot.
BTW, my youngest daughter has decided to take up Pin Striping and I think I've got just the blank canvas for her.....whatya think? Color suggestions?

Capt'n
Hot ticket!!!! I would say black, but thats me. If you are impartial, and she wants to do that kind of work, let her decide. Sounds like a win win for her and you

wsnow@minutemantrucks.com ,http://www.minutemantrucks.com/
#1 WINTER ENTHUSIAST & OFFICIAL SLACK MASTER #30
Old 07-16-2013, 10:48 PM
NY CHAPTER LDR

tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
Sweet looking ride there Capt'n and congrats on the ROTW selection.
Official #2 Slackmaster & Pyroslacker Extraordinaire

To Join The NEW YORK CHAPTER CLICK HERE

R.I.P. Wallace 9/6/14 & Annabelle 10/15/14, man's best friends
Old 07-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Freshman User

Larry Hutchins is starting off with a positive reputation.
Very nice. Congrats
Old 07-17-2013, 04:42 PM
Senior User

Pete Kildow is starting off with a positive reputation.
Had one like it in 1980, but was broke and needing cash. Guy offered me $500. and it was gone. Sad day for sure, and have kicked my butt every time I think about it all these years.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Freshman User

Larry Hutchins is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Kildow View Post
Had one like it in 1980, but was broke and needing cash. Guy offered me $500. and it was gone. Sad day for sure, and have kicked my butt every time I think about it all these years.
Talking sad days; I had a 1939 Chevy coupe, with an Olds V8, running and driving. Paid $150.00 when I was 18 yrs old. While I was away in Marine Corp, my mother sells it to one of her boyfriends for $100.00.
I am still pissed about it....
Old 07-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hutchins View Post
Talking sad days; I had a 1939 Chevy coupe, with an Olds V8, running and driving. Paid $150.00 when I was 18 yrs old. While I was away in Marine Corp, my mother sells it to one of her boyfriends for $100.00.
I am still pissed about it....
This truck is making up for all the effies I customized and pretty much gave away back in the 70's...oh...and a 56 Ford Panel Delivery wagon that, many years later, I stumbled upon at a Reno Car show on display with it's trophies.
We won't even talk about the 69 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet (mint cond.) I swapped for a bucket of bolts....at night no less.
One of those idgit moments I'll not do again.....no .....really.....I've smartined up a bit since those dayz.
Capt'n

Old 07-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Senior User

Pete Kildow is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt'n Phillips View Post
This truck is making up for all the effies I customized and pretty much gave away back in the 70's...oh...and a 56 Ford Panel Delivery wagon that, many years later, I stumbled upon at a Reno Car show on display with it's trophies.
We won't even talk about the 69 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet (mint cond.) I swapped for a bucket of bolts....at night no less.
One of those idgit moments I'll not do again.....no .....really.....I've smartined up a bit since those dayz.
Capt'n
Sounds like my trade. Got rid of a 1970 Ford Bronco did one of those drunken trades at night. Screwed is what I got.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:35 PM