7/14/13 Ride of the Week

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 02:36 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt'n Phillips
We won't even talk about the 69 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet (mint cond.) I swapped for a bucket of bolts....at night no less.
Oh damn, say it aint so! The '69 Mach 1 R Code is my dream car.

What color was the one you had?

Stewart

Old 07-18-2013, 04:18 PM
CarlT100
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is way cool. I'm jealous!

Old 07-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Oh damn, say it aint so! The '69 Mach 1 R Code is my dream car.

What color was the one you had?

Stewart
It was the classic dark red with blacked out hood (shaker scoop of course), louvered rear window (fastback), rear spoiler and front air dam. I had the Keystone spoke wheels painted gold to match the gold OE stripping. It had the tall gears so it screamed passed anything 'cept a gas station. Had some head work done, headers and a few other mods but she basically was a strong stock runner. I co-founded a club (Ye Old Truckers) that catered to the 53-56 F100 Effie's. I had a buddy (Jimmy Jines) who owned California Customs twist my arm in getting a 56 we could build as a show points truck with. I found one in a local So.Cal. paper and did a swap at night. I didn't even test drive it! Turned out that the only part of that truck I kept was the main cab and 3/4ths of the frame. Everything else ended up in the dumpster. I felt dumber than an empty shoebox after that. I'm sure I'm not the only numb nut out there though. I'll bet there are few stories better than that just aching to get told. Perhaps on another thread. I'm feelin nauseous right now...I better quit while I'm ahead.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:24 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
Congratulations Island Brother! Come over to Orcas and I'll take you to see the panel truck in the deep woods. It's way back in a dark ravine.....Don't worry, ther'll be no banjo music Cool truck you have there for sure.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by GB SISSON
Congratulations Island Brother! Come over to Orcas and I'll take you to see the panel truck in the deep woods. It's way back in a dark ravine.....Don't worry, ther'll be no banjo music Cool truck you have there for sure.
Almost came to see ya last weekend with the S.I.C. riding group but, I had to get some work done on one of my bike builds I've been dragging around for the past few years.
I'll give ya a heads up next time so we can get together (mainly so I can drool all over the cool stuff & rides you have) and maybe see that infamous "panel in the woods". Brian Wright also told me about that truck....matter o fact, even disco Dave mumbled something about it.
Til then, take care my friend.
Capt'n

Old 07-28-2013, 11:14 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
Leaving Tuesday til Saturday to antique tractor, steam, gas show in Lynden. I have the powerwagon already there. My son is driving my '59 f350 diesel and I'm towing my '39 toro tractor behind my '92 f350. Gonna be a convoy. Look at my recent thread on the 57-60 site about this show. It's called 'vintage' canopy. See ya there?

Old 07-29-2013, 11:19 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by GB SISSON
Leaving Tuesday til Saturday to antique tractor, steam, gas show in Lynden. I have the powerwagon already there. My son is driving my '59 f350 diesel and I'm towing my '39 toro tractor behind my '92 f350. Gonna be a convoy. Look at my recent thread on the 57-60 site about this show. It's called 'vintage' canopy. See ya there?
Sounds like some good times are about be had.
I'm afraid I don't get to go play very often. I'm needed here at the bike shop 6 days a week especially during season.
Sounds like your ferry fee comin home is gonna be a whopper!
Take lots of pix of the show and have a really great time!
Capt'n

Old 08-04-2013, 03:05 PM
jg09
Junior User
Capt'n! Nice ride! Where in Washington are you at? I noticed that you guys mentioned Lynden, that's close to my place

Old 08-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by jg09
Capt'n! Nice ride! Where in Washington are you at? I noticed that you guys mentioned Lynden, that's close to my place
Hi JG09,
I'm in Friday Harbor on San Juan Island. I own a small motorcycle shop there and Miss Rose (54 F100 Panel) is our company truck.
Capt'n

Old 08-05-2013, 01:03 PM
jg09
Junior User
You are fairly local then. I'm out on the outskirts of Everson. I've lived in Whatcom County my whole life. I've only lived outside of Everson/Nooksack area for 3 months. I may need to take the ferry out to see that sweet F100 sometime!

Old 08-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Gary has reminded me that I take my business waaay to seriously and never get the chance to come out and play. So, I'm gonna close the motorcycle shop this coming Sat. and take Miss Rose to the Concours D' Elegance on Lopez Island. Yup...believe it or not, Lopez has it's own Concours....I know....I know......it takes the term oxymoron to a whole new level but, I'm told, by local slowpeezians, they do a couple laps though Fishermans Bay (they don't have a "town" per say) and then head out to a local meadow and enjoy a picnic. Sounds like a really relaxing time...and man do I need it.
So, jg09 ya might have to come to Slowpez.
Gary....if ya get a break ya might wanna fire up the big Dodge Richter (I figure that thang rumblin down the road would set off a few earth quake seismic detectors) and show 'er off a the Slowpez Concours.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:16 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
That's a sweet truck. Like to see pics when you get your mods done. I drove my dad's 55 panel, after he died and left it to me. Put over 200,000 miles on her, slowly fixing it up. Got stolen and trashed pretty good. I wasn't making lots of money and ended up selling her a while later, after it was found out in the woods, trashed. That was many moons ago, but if I knew who stole it, to this day, I'd do everything in my power to ruin their day, big time. She was my "baby" for a long time. She was mom and dad's fishing/camping truck for many years before I got her. I think there's a pic or two in my albums. If not, message me and I'll do a search and see if I can find one. Didn't have much for a camera back then.

Take good care of that SWEEEEET truck, man. I LOVE it!!!

Old 11-15-2013, 11:21 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by Fordlover55
That's a sweet truck. Like to see pics when you get your mods done. I drove my dad's 55 panel, after he died and left it to me. Put over 200,000 miles on her, slowly fixing it up. Got stolen and trashed pretty good. I wasn't making lots of money and ended up selling her a while later, after it was found out in the woods, trashed. That was many moons ago, but if I knew who stole it, to this day, I'd do everything in my power to ruin their day, big time. She was my "baby" for a long time. She was mom and dad's fishing/camping truck for many years before I got her. I think there's a pic or two in my albums. If not, message me and I'll do a search and see if I can find one. Didn't have much for a camera back then.

Take good care of that SWEEEEET truck, man. I LOVE it!!!
Howdy Dick,
I poked around and couldn't find the pix of your family treasure. Of course I don't profess to have the navigation skills I probably should have to get around in here.
I would luv to see pix of your ole 55 even if they are a bit "fuzzy".
This is my 1st Effy Panel but, I've had my fair share of slant cabs and 56'rs years ago. I've been away from them for about 30 yrs. and find myself just as hooked on these as I ever was. I'm luvin the panel much more than any of the pic-ups I've ever had. It has all that usable cavernous room where things can stay dry. Here in the N.W. that has it's merits.
BTW, I have low friends in high places if ya need any assistance with that thief. Nuthin I can't stand more than either a thief or a liar.
Capt'n