Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my keypad disabled?

Old 07-10-2013, 10:54 AM
wizardpc
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is my keypad disabled?

I have a 2002 Limited Ultimate with a dealer-installed Ford-branded remote start (the Silver, I think, based on the features I have). I bought it back in October and yesterday I locked my keys in the car. The wife came and unlocked it for me and we decided to finally go look up the keypad code.

The code on the box doesn't work. I'm pretty sure its the right box, as it's in the right location and has the giant 5 digit code on it. Appears to be a Bosch box.
  • The doors will lock if I hit 7+9
  • Each button will cause the pad to light up, so keypresses are being detected
  • No button causes the interior lights to illuminate as some forums suggest, but my wife's 08 Taurus X also doesn't do that and we use her code all the time

The reason I think it's disabled somehow is that after my wife unlocked my ex for me yesterday using the remote, my remote stopped functioning while the ex was running. What I mean by that is that when I started it remotely, I had to use a key to get in. I couldn't even get it to shut off with the remote. As soon as I hit the brake pedal and the engine cut off, the remote started working again. I figured out how to re-enable the remote to work with the engine running by placing the key in the ACC position with the engine off and using the remote to unlock the doors. Now my remote works again with the engine running.

Is there something similar that may have happened with the keypad, where a previous owner disabled it?