6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Edge Insight info, please?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 12:14 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Edge Insight info, please?

1) Does the Edge Insight give EOT / ECT deltas? I thought that it did but I read a review on the product that left me scratching my head.

2) Is there anywhere I can get a better price on one, or is $399 pretty much the best I'm a gonna do?

3) Is there anything the Scangauge2 does that Edge Insight CTS doesn't? I'd get the Scangauge, but if the Edge Insight will do everything the Scangauge does, and I can monitor EGT and Fuel Pressure, then I would want the Edge Insight, I think..

I also like the backup camera feature to mount in the bed for connecting fifth wheel. Hard to see with the crewcab.

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-08-2013, 12:33 AM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts
I thought you had a SGII

Are you just wanting to get EGT and Fuel Pressure too

Edge dint have IPR% and 3-5 others awhile back heard a rumor they was working on it but have no idea where it stands Now

IPR% is an Important one IMO

Old 07-08-2013, 01:31 AM
97powersmoke
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the Insight CTS and love it. Haven't gotten the fuel pressure adapter yet but I will. I bought mine on Amazon for 375 and the EAS expandable EGT kit for 129. I'm not sure what you mean by "deltas" but I have mine set to where I can monitor EOT & ECT side by side. I have the alarms set at the high temps. Once I get up to cruising speed and stay there for a minute I check my temps and they stay within a few degrees. Idk what you have now but the Insight is for monitoring only while the Evolution has tunes you can program onto it.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:50 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by BLADE35
I thought you had a SGII

Are you just wanting to get EGT and Fuel Pressure too

Edge dint have IPR% and 3-5 others awhile back heard a rumor they was working on it but have no idea where it stands Now

IPR% is an Important one IMO
Do you think these other pieces of data will be options that would be downloadable with the current insight model? Sounds like at this time we would need both insight and sg, unless they've upgraded already. If I can find a break in the day I'll try to get ahold of someone at Edge and post up if I find anything. Busy, busy, busy, off to work I go....

Old 07-08-2013, 11:50 AM
mustang_309
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I do really like my Insight CTS but as previously mentioned it will not monitor a few of the very important PID's. I would be interested in hearing a response from Edge about adding these PID's.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:49 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
They can add more PIDs to the Insight.

IMO, if you need to be checking the IPR% an Insight or SGII is not the right tool for the job. I have AE and that does a heck of a lot more than any SGII could ever dream of doing.

Also, with the Insight you never have to worry about whether the xgauge is programmed properly, it has warning alarms for PIDs that aren't showing on the screen and you can view more than 4 at a time.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:20 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
I contacted a representative at Edge today and he is checking into some updates he had heard their R&D was working on. I mentioned that I was interested if Edge could read as much as Scangauge, including IPR% etc. He told me he would research for accurate information and send me an email of results, which I could then post here for you all. Haven't heard back from him yet but will post his reply when I get it.

Oh yeah, I also asked him if the current Edge Insight could be upgraded via download if they eventually become more capable in the future and he said that as the product's capabilities are expanded in the future a free download would be all that would be needed and would be made available to customers.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:00 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Here is the email I received from Edge regarding the question I asked about if they had upgraded to read IPR%. If anyone of you smartypants 6.0 gurus out there have ideas for valuable PIDs, you can call and suggest to them and I'm sure (if it can be done) they will try to get it out to us.

To: "'timscherer@rocketmail.com'" <timscherer@rocketmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 9, 2013 10:31 AM
Subject: IPR percentage

Tim,

Currently we do not monitor IPR percentage but do monitor ICP pressure on your truck. It looks like it could be added but is not something that our engineering team is currently working on, however they may be able to work on it at after they complete some of their current projects.

Best regards,

Mark Hayward
Inside Sales
Powerteq
Edge Products
Superchips
1-888-360-3343 EXT 1138

My reply below:

Thank you for checking into this, Mark. If you don't mind, I will post this on the forum I told you about (Ford Truck Enthusiasts) for their review. I suppose that if anyone on the forum feels they would like to see this added feature, or other beneficial features, they can feel free to contact you to make such requests. There are some very diesel savvy folks there and I'm sure your R&D team could benefit from hearing from them as they do tend to have a good deal of influence on perspective buyers of your product, like me.

Respectfully, Tim

Old 07-09-2013, 05:30 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts
Bwahahahahaha Now that's being politically correct and adding a little extra persuasion at the same time, Tim.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:23 PM
mustang_309
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's funny, I made a post about this very subject back in march and at the time I had been after them for months about adding some PID's, https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...or-gauges.html and now they act as if this is the first time they are hearing about it.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:36 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts
LOL--their too busy engineers are probably too busy trying to invent something to sell to work off that big fine the EPA bitch slapped them with.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:53 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by mustang_309
That's funny, I made a post about this very subject back in march and at the time I had been after them for months about adding some PID's, https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...or-gauges.html and now they act as if this is the first time they are hearing about it.
Ha, I pulled up your previous thread, Brett. I suppose all we can do is continue to nudge them and hopefully they'll eventually get'r done. I am new to this issue and didn't catch your earlier thread. I can see, however, that they've certainly been approached about this before... I did give Mark Hayward a link to this thread so he can follow it if he wishes.

So, does Scangauge measure IPR%?

Old 07-09-2013, 10:03 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Originally Posted by olfordsnstone

So, does Scangauge measure IPR%?
yes

there was 3 or 4 others edge missed that SGII and Dashboss and others get

Edge just isn't for a 6.0L IMO

Old 07-09-2013, 10:19 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by BLADE35
yes

there was 3 or 4 others edge missed that SGII and Dashboss and others get

Edge just isn't for a 6.0L IMO
Are you saying that the edge isn't a good choice for the 6.0 or that it is more of a universal device and is for more vehicles that just the 6.0? Not sure I'm picking up what you're laying down here...

Also, Mark from Edge may check in on this thread so maybe list those others as well. Like I said, I'm new to this engine monitoring stuff and would like to become edumacated.
Thanks Benny

Old 07-09-2013, 11:22 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Yes More universal

You would have to compare PID/gauge Lists

Is the one you want a Tunner Too!!!!

Quick Reply: Edge Insight info, please?