Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Happy Birthday 'Murica!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 11:06 AM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happy Birthday 'Murica!!!

It's flippin July already. Time for beers and booms!! What's everyone doing for the 4th?? Personally ill be packing getting ready to move this weekend. Around 9ish ill pack up the kiddos and go down to pull a part's parking lot and watch the fireworks in Bricktown. Parking at pull a part allows for a much easier exit route. At least it did last time I went.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:39 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firsth things first; we replaced the worn US Flag on my front porch today. God Bless America. I'm a proud USAF Vet and understand what it stands for.

We're gonna put the fold out chairs in the driveway, pop open a some cold ones, and play with some small kiddo fireworks. The neighborhood usually has lots of boom and colored fireworks going off so we can just watch from the driveway. Our city had their fireworks show last night. Fun to watch and we were far enough away that parking and traffic was not a problem. Have fun. I bet Bricktown has a nice show. I hear that Tulsa Riverparks has a BIG show scheduled tonight. Be safe all.

I'm 37 and still like firecrackers......is that wrong? lol.

Happy 4th of July all.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:29 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Hey, I'm 66 and still like fireworks, so I think you are safe at 37!

As for what I did (a day late and a dollar short), I went up to see Dad and we talked about old times, including fireworks. Or, maybe I should say I talked and he listened, but didn't remember. Like the time when I was about 5 and put a firecracker in my toy Howitzer and pulled the lanyard - only to discover he was standing on it. The shrapnel hurt! But, as I said, he didn't remember it - or much else actually.

Then I came home in time to go with my wife, daughter, and 2 year old grand twins to the neighborhood party. The inflatable slide there was in use by the big kids, so ours only got to wet their feet. But then the grandson spied the neighbor's John Deere mower and was obsessed with wanting to ride. So grandpa finally went after his JD and we took rides - and he was happy. Then the fireworks started and he watched intently - until a little boy threw a lighted smoke bomb and hit a girl in the leg. At that point we left.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm a couple days late to this thread, but what I did was pretty basic stuff.
I went to visit dad for a while, and kinda pulled a bit of a trick on him. When I got to the retirement home he lives in, I called him and invited him out to have a smoke (I quit, but he didn't remember me telling him that). When he came out the door, he was looking around to find me, so I fired up the 74. That got his attention real quick.
The look on his face when he saw that truck was priceless, as he hadn't seen it since 2007.
After spending most of the day visiting with him, I came home and at dark I went to watch the Sapulpa fireworks show.

Was a good day.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Sounds like a wonderful day! I really wish my father remembered his truck, but he doesn't at all. Some times he doesn't know me!

Old 07-06-2013, 11:47 AM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did not do much 4th stuff, met some sub contractors at the job then worked on the bronco some, caught up on the yard work. Hunter who is 2 now really liked the fireworks and was excited for the few that the neighbor hood set off. I'm taking Sunday off to fire up the smoker. Pork tenderloin, chicken, cabbage and beans, going to be a good day, first real day off in a couple months.