Sponsored by: Moser

A/C hoses for factory system

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 09:14 PM
dlanders71
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C hoses for factory system

Anyone know where to buy replacement hoses for a 79 F250?

Old 07-03-2013, 09:43 PM
mikeo0o0o0
Hotshot
Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts
NOS hoses not available.
Take your old hoses to a good A/C shop and they can make a set. What they'll do is cut the ends off and braze them on to new fittings designed for that. It works fine and they look good.
When I did my Sanden compressor conversion I had to have custom hoses made. The one minor snag is the liquid line. It has a sight glass in one of the fittings. The glass won't survive the heat of brazing so what they did is remove the glass and brazed the hole shut, works fine.
As I recall, all three cost me around $135.

Attached Images  
Old 07-03-2013, 10:07 PM
dlanders71
New User
Originally Posted by mikeo0o0o0
NOS hoses not available.
Take your old hoses to a good A/C shop and they can make a set. What they'll do is cut the ends off and braze them on to new fittings designed for that. It works fine and they look good.
When I did my Sanden compressor conversion I had to have custom hoses made. The one minor snag is the liquid line. It has a sight glass in one of the fittings. The glass won't survive the heat of brazing so what they did is remove the glass and brazed the hole shut, works fine.
Thank you. Gotta have my a/c. Texas heat is a b***h.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:46 PM
VocaTexas
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
At least it's cooled off this week. Last week was really bad. I hit 109 two days in a row.

Good luck with the a/c hoses.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:03 AM
Riderman
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikeo0o0o0
NOS hoses not available.
Mike0O0O
I have a 76 F250 4x4 with a 390. It has a 77 cab with factory AC. I replaced EVERYTHING but the hoses since last year. The compressor died a couple of weeks ago. I filled the system twice with R-12 replacing parts this year. That hurt! Bottom line, can you provide detailed information for a 390 engine to convert from a york to a Sanderson compressor? For $200.00 I can get another rebuilt York. I'll pay up to $400-500.00 to convert. I need details though on part numbers and suppliers. I get the getting the hoses rebuilt. It is gonna cost me WAYYY more than your's cost you though, I'm afraid. Can ya help me here?

Old 07-04-2013, 01:42 AM
mikeo0o0o0
Hotshot
Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Riderman
Mike0O0O
I have a 76 F250 4x4 with a 390. It has a 77 cab with factory AC. I replaced EVERYTHING but the hoses since last year. The compressor died a couple of weeks ago. I filled the system twice with R-12 replacing parts this year. That hurt! Bottom line, can you provide detailed information for a 390 engine to convert from a york to a Sanderson compressor? For $200.00 I can get another rebuilt York. I'll pay up to $400-500.00 to convert. I need details though on part numbers and suppliers. I get the getting the hoses rebuilt. It is gonna cost me WAYYY more than your's cost you though, I'm afraid. Can ya help me here?
Here's a link to a thread I posted on the conversion.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...onversion.html
A new Sanden style compressor is around $185.00 and the bracket was $40.00.
Whether you do the conversion or just repair your current system, be sure to replace the drier and flush the system really well. Junk left in the system from the compressor failure can trash a new compressor in short order. That's when things really start getting expensive.
Also, now is the time to switch to R134a.
If you need more info, let me know.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:25 AM
Riderman
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OF course I'm gonna need more information...LOL It will have to wait for a little while though. I'm one of those over paid civil servants that is going to be furloughed because I don't belong to a union...or the IRS, the Air Traffic Control, I don't live in Harry Rieds Nevada, nor Nancy Pelosi's CA, GRRR Funny how that works. Not a pay raise in 3 years, but I'm lucky to have a job... I get it guy's...It's funny when it doesn't involve you or a family member. Wait till this "free" health care law affects you and your kid's...But I digress.
I apologize for the political pontification...But when one takes one day a week off, and the political machine wants you to laugh or hurt....remember this, the side you pick wins for a while and the other side wins for a while, us workers lose. The liberal no workers win for a while while we pay for their "free" and the conservative machine promises profits to the "share holders"..as the increase profits of every business they buy out and send our jobs go overseas. Charbroil grills come to mind..ALL of em are made in China..The corporate office is in Atlanta.. That is how our economy will end..

WOW, that was after 3 beers...LOL I'm done

Old 07-06-2013, 02:31 AM
dlanders71
New User
Originally Posted by Riderman
OF course I'm gonna need more information...LOL It will have to wait for a little while though. I'm one of those over paid civil servants that is going to be furloughed because I don't belong to a union...or the IRS, the Air Traffic Control, I don't live in Harry Rieds Nevada, nor Nancy Pelosi's CA, GRRR Funny how that works. Not a pay raise in 3 years, but I'm lucky to have a job... I get it guy's...It's funny when it doesn't involve you or a family member. Wait till this "free" health care law affects you and your kid's...But I digress.
I apologize for the political pontification...But when one takes one day a week off, and the political machine wants you to laugh or hurt....remember this, the side you pick wins for a while and the other side wins for a while, us workers lose. The liberal no workers win for a while while we pay for their "free" and the conservative machine promises profits to the "share holders"..as the increase profits of every business they buy out and send our jobs go overseas. Charbroil grills come to mind..ALL of em are made in China..The corporate office is in Atlanta.. That is how our economy will end..

WOW, that was after 3 beers...LOL I'm done
Well alrighty then