Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2013, 08:03 PM
still plays with trucks

bfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to behold
OT- need crawdad recipe and instructions

I know it sounds odd but I've got 5 boys that want to do a crawdad boil this weekend while everyone is together.

I guess I talked so much about it when I was last at Rick's they gotta try it.
Middle son is having 50 lbs air shipped to Idaho Saturday.

We've got the pot, burner. etc. What I need to know is how long to boil, etc.
I read some where about "burping". Basicly you put them in salt water to make then puke and **** then back into fresh water. any body heard of that?
help me out please

Barney
Old 07-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Post Fiend

HKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant future
Soak them in salt water for about a half hour. Then throw them from there into the boil. 4 minutes per pound. You put salt, garlic cloves, whole onions, hot dogs, lemons/ oranges, cut up potatoes, cayene pepper some bay leaf, and some crab boil( a whole glass bottle of it). Good luck Barney.

PAA Member #3
2003 Lariat CC4X4

Cold Start thread
Old 07-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Post Fiend

HKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant future
So to be clear, boil them for 20 or so minutes when you have that many, then let them soak in the hot water for about 30 minutes, taste one every so often and when they taste right pull them out.

PAA Member #3
2003 Lariat CC4X4

Cold Start thread
Old 07-03-2013, 06:07 AM
still plays with trucks

bfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Jason I think we can handle that
Old 07-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Post Fiend

Enjoy. Let me know how it turns out.

PAA Member #3
2003 Lariat CC4X4

Cold Start thread
Old 07-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Posting Guru

itsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to behold
Surprised no Cajuns are given their recipes. I like Zatarains crab boil but that might be hard to find in Utah. I agree with the other recipe but I like to add corn cobs too. Don't forget to suck the head!
68 F100 2wd
72 F100 4x4
Old 07-04-2013, 08:24 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
Surprised no Cajuns are given their recipes. I like Zatarains crab boil but that might be hard to find in Utah. I agree with the other recipe but I like to add corn cobs too. Don't forget to suck the head!
That is my wife's recipe and she grew up in Metairie, La. so there is a lot of Cajun love there. If they are having Crawfish airshipped, they probably can get the crab boil too, not to mention, we have it on the helve here in Md. So Zatarains is getting round.

Oh, and I agree with adding corn. My wife had actually said corn, but I forgot to type it in my reponse.

PAA Member #3
2003 Lariat CC4X4

Cold Start thread
Old 07-04-2013, 08:24 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel