1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

How Many People Have been Kicked Out Of

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 05:59 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How Many People Have been Kicked Out Of

a Fastenal Store?
I went to the local Fastenal store today to get 4- 7/16x20x2 in Grade 8 bolts and 5- 1/2x20x2 in Grade 8 bolts - I took 1 each of the old blots with me.
The person behind the counter pulled out his stack of gauges and proceeded to fuddle his way thru the metric cards - I explained that they were from a 1950's application and that they would be in inches - He tried the 7/16x14 hole and it wouldn't screw in so he tried the 1/2x14 hole and if he wiggled it it would go thru, so thereby and forthwith I needed a 1/2x14 bolt.
He picked up the second bolt and started again with the metric cards - I stopped him and asked if there was a manager available. He looked insulted and asked me why I wanted a manager - I told him that I wanted to talk to him about one of his employees - The person told me he wasn't calling the manager and that I should leave.
Well I called for a manager - at the top of my lungs (I used my old Master Sargent voice) - The person then came around the counter and started to push me towards the door - I hollered for help as I was being assaulted - Someone must of called the cops because shortly after the manager stuck his head out from behind a shelf rack the local Police showed up - The person behind the counter gave his story (Somewhere between me shooting the doors out and storming the beaches and me being unruly) - The manager was still behind the shelving unit and hadn't said a word, nor had the other employees that I could see thru an open doorway - I gave my version and the police officer decided that it would be best if I would leave - THEN the Manager spoke up and told me not to come back
I sent Carl Edwards a TWEET say that I farted in his direction.
I left my bolts on the counter and when I turned around to go get them the policeman puffed up his chest and ordered me to get in my car and leave or I would be arrested
I had this brillient idea that it was probubly the right time to leave - I got in my car and farted in the policemans direction, the windows were up - Bad, bad adventure.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:14 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Dick, that jail -cell is still available here in GOTL....haha!
Buy your bolts on-line so I don't have to post your bond,and I know you will be safe.LOL
Just spoke to the Gotl police and they still remember you!!!

Old 07-01-2013, 06:20 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
It's hard to believe a Fastenal employee could be that clueless about bolts... If the counterman put his hands on you, you were assaulted, write them a letter!

Old 07-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Gicknordon
Fleet Mechanic
Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts
I didnt have a great experience at fastenal recently either. They never seem to have the bolts i need. Im gonna start ordering them online, but it would be nice to have somewhere i can just go get bolts when i need them.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:26 PM
needhelp49
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they owe me money

Old 07-01-2013, 06:31 PM
needhelp49
Elder User
i used to stay at the hotel they keep all their manager trainees that was fun times.
they also own several cable systems in mn the company is called hbc i've done a lot of work for them. anyway hbc won't even buy from them i asked why one day and was told there to dang expensive

Old 07-01-2013, 06:42 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I've been to the local Fastenal store three times. One of those times was a few years ago when I was looking for clips for my hood trim. The guy there tried to help was pretty clueless. The second time was about a week later after I had found the part number for the clips. The owners wife (local franchise) said that she could order them for me but I had to buy the whole box of 500, I left without the clips. The third time was Friday when i went to pick up a set of wheels I had shipped in from Pennsylvania, they were real nice and had me in and out in no time, seems this time I dealt with the owner of the franchise.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:41 PM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 859 Likes on 458 Posts
We have a locally owned hardware store. A REAL one. I don't have these problems.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:05 PM
teardropty
Posting Guru
My local Not-Fast-At-All always has to ship stuff in from their local warehouse. Never anything in stock that I need, same thing with Graingers. I am blessed to have a local manufacturing company that makes nuts/bolts for the hardware stores. I ALWAYS go into a store nowadays knowing ACTUALLY what I need instead of having some less educated person try to direct me to that correct product. One great way on our old trucks is to look at a copy of the Parts/Illustrated Guide for our trucks and they tell you the exact size and length of each bolt. Also HF sells a plastic gauge to figure out what nut/bolt you have.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:37 PM
The Horvaths
Posting Guru
Sounds like a couple of loose nuts behind the counter.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:21 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have been in Fastenal two or three times looking for sizes like 5/16" x 1" or 3/8" x anything - they were out each time of whatever I wanted. They tried to send me to another about 10 miles away. Plus, I found out that they are twice the price on stainless or zinc bolts that the local actual fastener supply is. So far though, I haven't been thrown out Coastal Fasteners is less than a mile from my house/shop. Coastal Fastener Co., Houston, TX They sell on-line too.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:24 AM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Maybe the next truck-get-together should be at Dick's place....Say a little visit to Fastenal.... Strength in numbers....Blanket party....

Old 07-02-2013, 07:27 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
I made some comments about one of the darling County Judges a couple of years ago, The District Justice that takes care of the area I live in thinks her poo-poo doesn't stink - I have to be careful about showing up in court.
I have one of those gages some where, I knew it was a 7/16 I just couldn't count the threads, too much shakin'
Hey Bill, Maybe I can make a deal between our local Sheriff and the GOTL Jailer that if I have to go away for awhile - I can come over there - Do they still sent the guys out to clean the beaches?
I went on line and ordered the nolts from Jennies Knitting Supplies and Odd Bolts - Fastenals on line store has the bolts I wanted listed, well almost, I was asking for full thread 1/2x20x2 in bolts the closest I could have gotten was 1/2x20x1 3/4 in
Maybe I can generate a all my rowdy friends week at Fastenal

Old 07-02-2013, 07:51 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 726 Likes on 259 Posts
the fastenal guys at local store are just like the parts chimps at any of the auto parts stores... I had one actually ask me what the bolt I needed fit... when I told him it was for a bypass pump on a blast furnace his eyes glazed over... he stuttered something and said we don't stock parts like that. how dumb... it was a G8 3/4 x 6 course thread bolt.. I went down the road to a local distributor and he had one in arms reach.. Our store is poorly stocked on nuts and bolts but has way too much other crap from water coolers to weed eaters.

No Dick, never been thrown out of one.... but I did spend the nite at a Holiday Inn Express once...

later
John

Old 07-02-2013, 08:05 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
You're one up on me once again John

Quick Reply: How Many People Have been Kicked Out Of