Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

July Chat / Off-Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 03:45 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
July Chat / Off-Topic Thread

Wow it's 3:40p and nobody beat me to it?

Did I scare everyone off? lol

Old 07-05-2013, 11:35 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You had another bowl of Jeff's beans?

Just been busy getting ready for vacation starting the 12th. Fixing to put about 2500 miles on the Pavement Princess toting the 5th around. Not looking forward to burning up an estimated 250 gallons of diesel...but everything else we are!

Old 07-06-2013, 03:44 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Cooking a pot of those beans right now :-) Don't ya wish ya had some ;-)

Old 07-08-2013, 03:39 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Afternoon Gentlemen. hope everyone had a safe 4th weekend. We got rained out of fireworks

-The Great

Old 07-09-2013, 02:34 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Cooking a pot of those beans right now :-) Don't ya wish ya had some ;-)
Yes.... Yes I do.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:17 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
You had another bowl of Jeff's beans?

Just been busy getting ready for vacation starting the 12th. Fixing to put about 2500 miles on the Pavement Princess toting the 5th around. Not looking forward to burning up an estimated 250 gallons of diesel...but everything else we are!
Wow--that is a road trip for yall. Where are yall heading off to?

Old 07-09-2013, 07:40 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Holy Smokes! Who's this guy posting in the monthly thread?!?!?
Originally Posted by npccpartsman
Wow--that is a road trip for yall. Where are yall heading off to?
The furthest point will be my Grandmother's in Michigan (middle of the lower peninsula). Got a stop outside KC, a couple in St.Louis, going to see the Henry Ford/Greenfield village in Dearborn and last stop will be Pigeon Forge. It has taken us over a year to save up the $$$ for it, but so far everything has been under budget and there's a little padding in that too. And to make fun the it for the 7.3 guys, I'll have the laptop & AE with me just in case the mill under the hood gives me any grief.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:29 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts
Holy Smokes! Who's this guy posting in the monthly thread?!?!?The furthest point will be my Grandmother's in Michigan (middle of the lower peninsula). Got a stop outside KC, a couple in St.Louis, going to see the Henry Ford/Greenfield village in Dearborn and last stop will be Pigeon Forge. It has taken us over a year to save up the $$$ for it, but so far everything has been under budget and there's a little padding in that too. And to make fun the it for the 7.3 guys, I'll have the laptop & AE with me just in case the mill under the hood gives me any grief.
I wouldn't sweat the truck. The harder it works the better it likes it. That monster will be fine. The 7.3 guys are just jealous LMAO.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Boyd'z Toy
Junior User
Only 250 gallons of diesel, I could burn that in one day.... But, someone else would be paying for it tho.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:52 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy Smokes! Who's this guy posting in the monthly thread?!?!?The furthest point will be my Grandmother's in Michigan (middle of the lower peninsula). Got a stop outside KC, a couple in St.Louis, going to see the Henry Ford/Greenfield village in Dearborn and last stop will be Pigeon Forge. It has taken us over a year to save up the $$$ for it, but so far everything has been under budget and there's a little padding in that too. And to make fun the it for the 7.3 guys, I'll have the laptop & AE with me just in case the mill under the hood gives me any grief.
Phew!!! That's what I call a ROAD TRIP!!!! If you have ever been to the Henry Ford Museum... you will LOVE it. Greenfield village is awesome as well. I would suggest a couple days there if you can spare it

-The Great

Old 07-18-2013, 07:56 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Wow! Everyone must be super busy this summer, no chatter at all around here :-(
Making a run to LR today, gotta see the Dr. Looks like I may have torn my RH bicep tendon to match the left. If so I'll have a 2 month unpaid vacation this summer. Wish me luck guys :-)

Old 07-19-2013, 07:27 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Wow! Everyone must be super busy this summer, no chatter at all around here :-(
Making a run to LR today, gotta see the Dr. Looks like I may have torn my RH bicep tendon to match the left. If so I'll have a 2 month unpaid vacation this summer. Wish me luck guys :-)
I've been busy with the yard/shop from the time I get home til it gets dark..

I'm making some good progress on setting the drop on the sewer pipe now that I bought a decent laser level.

Hope everything went ok at the dr.. unpaid vacation stinks for sure..

Old 07-19-2013, 10:49 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by tojoski

Hope everything went ok at the dr.. unpaid vacation stinks for sure..
Waiting on results from MRI, but pretty sure surgery is in my near future Dr. said with my type of work and age it would be more like 3 months off When I screw up I do it right

Old 07-24-2013, 08:08 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Nothing gives ya' a great night's sleep like thunderstorm and lots of rain falling on the roof. Got back last night, decided not to go to Pigeon Forge (everyone was getting home sick over the weekend)...but we still managed to stack over 2,600 miles on the truck in 11 days. For the record gentlemen, 5 o'clock traffic in Indianapolis, Detroit and St. Louis stinks worse than the aroma from a pig truck...I didn't plan on traveling through them at 1700; it just happened that way. Hopefully in a couple of days I'll have time to get some of the photos from Dearborn/Henry Ford Museum uploaded. We spent two days there and could have easily spent another two and not see everything. I had forgotten how big that place is, only been 20 years since I was there last.
Originally Posted by npccpartsman
I wouldn't sweat the truck. The harder it works the better it likes it. That monster will be fine.
I wasn't really sweating the truck, just trying to travel prepared...just in case. It is a mechinal device and we all know if it moves/turns it will eventually break. My luck would be in the middle of nowhere Illinois in the dark.
Dr. said with my type of work and age it would be more like 3 months off. When I screw up I do it right
Gees Jeff, it takes a special kind talent to pull a stunt like that. Here's a tall glass of ice cold tea to a quick recovery.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:45 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Gotta be in Little Rock at 8:00 AM tomorrow for surgery, at least it's being done as outpatient and I'll be home to sleep in my own bed. This is going to be a long 3 months, guess I'll have to learn to do everything left-handed for a while

Quick Reply: July Chat / Off-Topic Thread