N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

July all topic

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 10:30 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
WHAT THE....? Dang, Jim, you really are a geek! Looks impressive.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:07 AM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 684 Likes on 397 Posts
Nice setup Jim. Big monitors

Old 07-10-2013, 01:35 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Afternoon Hank and Jim

-The Great

Old 07-10-2013, 06:16 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
That would be kool

Ok, my computer room is now complete. At least for now.

When I am not playing Eve Online, which you see on all three screens (because I have 3 different accounts) I am usually just using the center screen with the computer on the right. Can't see it in the photo but I bought a 4x4 piece of plywood for the computer chair to roll on, and it was making black marks on it, so I bought some vinyl floor tile to cover it, and put some on the front edge of the 3.5x7' plywood I used to cover the desk (which was only 3x5') so I would not get splinters. LOL.

Jim
Holy Smokes Jim are we going for Meet the Falkers style, and watching your son in law LOL. Nice set up Have a great day Nor Cal Friends. OH any body staying for Sunday at the fair ?, our last swim meet for the Kids is this Sat so I was thinking about going up sun.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 121 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by wpnaes
Sweet Jim, put your $ where it counts (not into fancy furniture).
You should see my living room! I have one very used recliner that is falling apart right in the center. Then there is a used printer desk I bought at the Thrift Store for $10 holding up the 42" Vizio 3D LED TV that arrived yesterday, under that is the Panasonic Surround system I bought last week (I went nuts sitting in that motel room!), and I have a small folding TV tray table next to the recliner, for all the remotes, and to put a drink on, or food etc.. Nothing else is in there, well, except for two tape cases that are holding up the front surround speakers). And that is an old JVC Super VHS deck I need to get fixed so I can copy my tapes to DVD. Eventually, I plan on getting a love seat, and/or a sofa, but it will be used from the Thrift store too. Since I live by myself, and would only have two people at the most visiting at any one time, I see no reason to buy fancy stuff for their viewing pleasure.

Those two tall thin packages are the folding doors I plan on using, and the Crutchfield box is the new stereo and speakers for the Bronco. The stereo is a no name brand and the speakers from Sony.

My dining room is currently full of empty boxes (of all the stuff I bought for the computer room, and the living room) and stuff I moved, but don't think I will keep. So I will be throwing a lot of stuff out, and donating anything useful to the same thrift store. (I used to volunteer there, so I know them pretty well). Spend the money on what matters to me, (Computers, TV/Surround system) and scrimp on what doesn't. I may get a dining room table sometime in the future, but most the time I eat in the computer room, or now that the TV is here, in the living room. Just bought two of those folding doors to block off the kitchen, and hallway that connects to the living room because the 8k BTU air conditioner was having trouble keeping the room cool yesterday when I was setting up the TV/Surround. Once those are installed, the cool air should stay in the living room.

Jim

Old 07-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
Thanks, finally got things set up the way I want, at least for now, when my second check comes I'll buy a desktop to replace the laptop, and just use the laptop when I go to get togethers, or to surf the net when playing Eve with the other three. However, I am done upgrading except for that. I used the master bedroom because it had more room, the small kid's bedroom is where I sleep since I am only in there for that I figured I didn't need much room (it is so small the only bed that will fit comfortably is a twin!) And of course the master bedroom got one of the two AC units I bought, since I will spend most my time there.

Jim

Old 07-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by hanklin
Nice setup Jim. Big monitors
All three are the same, 24" Acer monitors, I believe they were $159 each from Newegg.com

Jim

Old 07-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by 04badford
Holy Smokes Jim are we going for Meet the Falkers style, and watching your son in law LOL. Nice set up Have a great day Nor Cal Friends. OH any body staying for Sunday at the fair ?, our last swim meet for the Kids is this Sat so I was thinking about going up sun.
I can stay Sunday if that is the only day you can come up. I will be there Saturday anyway, and can either find a room somewhere, or sleep in the Bronco. (It will probably hotter than blazes as usual, so a room would be the preferred choice.)

Jim

Old 07-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,149 Likes on 1,686 Posts
Old 07-11-2013, 10:02 AM
joe f350
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
I can stay Sunday if that is the only day you can come up. I will be there Saturday anyway, and can either find a room somewhere, or sleep in the Bronco. (It will probably hotter than blazes as usual, so a room would be the preferred choice.)

Jim
jim if u get the part i just build u a badass pc like mine and i can do all the in the same day pc are easy to build know a day cause its all modular these days

Old 07-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Say what? My computer is already built. Finished it a few days ago. Now I am enjoying it. My old desktop computer is acting up, but I am running a virus scan on it now. You going to the GTG in Sacramento Joe?

Happy Thirsty Thursday Nor Cal FTE and friends! Smog check day for me, going to take the Bronco in for a timing adjust, and new hose, then it will be off to the dreaded DMV.

Jim

Old 07-11-2013, 01:59 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
I like it!!!

Good luck at the DMV Jim!!!

-The Great

Old 07-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

It only took 17 minutes at the DMV, that has got to be a record somewhere! LOL Well, the Bronco is legal until 2015 as far as smog goes, and she even runs better now that the timing has been put back where it belongs. Now, to file a formal complaint against Pep Boys for not doing the tune up correctly, and costing me more money to have it fixed.

Jim

Old 07-11-2013, 07:21 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 929 Likes on 677 Posts
Ahh, Jim the blessed holy grail; fast line at the DMV.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Yeah, I have never been in and out of a DMV that quick before. And probably never well again. LOL Even had time to stop at a car stereo place and have them install my new stereo. Now Froggy has sound out of all 4 speakers, not just two, and the electric window motors are next, although they will cost almost twice as much to install thanks to Ford using rivets on the regulators. Or so I am told. Still, it is worth it to me to be able to control the windows electrically. I will still have to get that tailgate fixed, and its window motor, but that can come in August.

Fed Ex tried to drop off my FORD-TRUCKS.COM lettering today but I was not home, unlike UPS which leaves expensive packages (42" TV anyone?) on your doorstep for everyone to see, Fed Ex doesn't do that, so I will have to wait for them to arrive tomorrow. I could have driven over to Clovis to pick them up, but it is only 3 decals for my truck, and I don't want to waste the gas. I am going to put one on each rear side window between the Nor Cal decal and the Air Force decal, and then figure out a way to get the 3rd one on the top center of my windshield.

Jim

Quick Reply: July all topic