Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2013, 02:12 AM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
JULY 2013, TENNESSEE Chat and yackin' about all kinds of stuff thread...

I figured since I was up - I might just as well attend to it...

Complain, praise, or what you want.

~But we always glad to hear from you!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old picture, but left to right:
'82 F100, '89 Ranger 2.3, '85 6.9 F250 diesel dually Flatbed. I've had them all

My focus these days is on the Ranger trux
Old 07-01-2013, 05:41 AM
Posting Guru

Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Good morning Wolf. Hope its cool up there in God's country!
06 Saturn Vue
03 Nissan Altima
54 F100 (sold! at least the MH has a Ford V10)
Old 07-01-2013, 07:33 AM
Postmaster

macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.
Early bird, and all that.....

Welcome to MONDAY and JULY!!! Hope everyone has a great start to their work week.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Post Fiend

CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Afternoon Dutch, Glen, Mac and Theo!!

Just imagine.... in 3 months Walmart will have Christmas decorations out!!!!

-The Great
SLACKMASTER /AVID WINTER ENTHUSIAST #777
2005 "THE DIESEL" Ebony Black Excursion 6.0 180k miles STUDDED, TUNED
1997 "THE T-BIRD" Currant Red Thunderbird 4.6 127k miles
2008 "THE LINCOLN" Ebony Black Mark LT 96K miles (wifey's)
Old 07-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Now there's a miserable notion - the idea that I may yet have anything but green tomatos, and then have them covered in snow...

(Got a late start on it this year)

I sent off today for what is called "Centipede Grass" seed, and a manual of north american grasses.
I was reading online about what kinds of grass work well in the Memphis area, being hot like it is.

St. Augustine grass is supposed to be the best looking kind, but apparently has disease resistence problems. The flip side of it being that something called atazine is said to be the bomb for all St. Aug. grass troubles and problems.

Kentucky Blue is out, because it has severe pure dire hot weather problems.

~ I guess I'll just have to see.

Finally - "ZOYSIA" or Korean Grass is a thing that some swear by, but others say "NOT IN MY YARD!" with a definite feeling that it is ugly and forms hills and mounds...
Old 07-01-2013, 10:33 PM
Post Fiend

CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Dutch, I think alot of people got late starts to this year. I know at home, we had snow up until early APril and then we had so much rain in the MidWest in April and May, alot of fields didn't get in until mid to late May.

-The Great
Old 07-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

We just got more rain today - it's unbe(f)inglievable...

The saturation factor now is such that there is no way on earth to defend against mosquitos with anything short of a full hazmat or SPACE SUIT

I'm glad I planted all the marigolds and catnip I did last year - the seeds have sent up plants far and wide (*They are in theory a natural skeeter repellent)

If this keeps up I'm going to strip the whole lawn out and plant Citronella grass instead...

Don't think I'm kidding even a tiny bit!

*UPDATE: I just ordered a packet of fifty Citronella seeds, of the sort (Cobopomter..whatever) that is directly intended to drive bugs away. it is a specific kind
Old 07-01-2013, 11:34 PM
Post Fiend

CLINT-THE-GREAT
You're telling me!!! I have been in Vermont for 8 days... it has rained here every day, often for hours! The amount of mesquito bites I have are ridiculous!!!!

I didn't realize citronella was a grass..... "googles Citronella Plant"..... it looks like what I thought, a plant... but is classified as a Clumping Grass.... SO I will take both answers...

Here 5 Easy to Grow Mosquito-Repelling Plants | Eartheasy Blog

they list 5 mesquito repelling plants... 3 of which you have already mentioned

-THe Great
Old 07-01-2013, 11:38 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

THIS!

Here is the stuff I sent for:

Lemon Grass 50 Seeds - Cymbopogon - Herb"><font color=Lemon Grass 50 Seeds - Cymbopogon - Herb" /> Lemon Grass 50 Seeds - Cymbopogon - Herb">Lemon Grass 50 Seeds - Cymbopogon - Herb
Old 07-01-2013, 11:45 PM
Post Fiend

CLINT-THE-GREAT
What about these Dutch?

Amazon.com : Herb Seeds - Lemon Grass - 500 Seeds : Patio, Lawn & Garden Amazon.com : Herb Seeds - Lemon Grass - 500 Seeds : Patio, Lawn & Garden

-The Great
Old 07-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

I need very badly to purchase a new computer. The one I have was given to me by SGLaine, but for some reason he is not allowed to send or recieve PM's

It just crashed again - and I need to put a router in between my connect and it, so that nobody who thinks to wreck my machines can get at me anymore.

I had a setup like that once, and lack only the ethernet wire. The router that once made my machines a "BLACK HOLE" is still on hand.

It pisses me off no end that my efforts are thwarted in this way - by cowards who invade other peoples costly machines just for pure amusement....

I am certain that is the reason for these repeated lockups - my PC has been invaded in some way, and quite possibly by a STUPID LITTLE BOY!

~It is absolutely infuriating

If there is anyone nearby who can help me - I am at the moment without transportation. And that if anything makes me even angrier than anything else...

~Dutch

*If I could only once lay my hands on such a sneaking little COWARD, it will be the end of them

WAR HAS BEEN DECLARED, make no mistake

~I want to know where this problem came from - I will have this PC examined by an expert in the trade.

My Celtic Forefathers demand it
Old 07-02-2013, 12:01 AM
Post Fiend

CLINT-THE-GREAT
DO you think you have virus'?

-The Great
Old 07-02-2013, 12:15 AM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Either that - or repeated power failures have cause the loss of part of the op sys -
The more reason to get a new

But I believe I have been hacked, and silly me for not ensuring against it

A new PC would have the discs to reload that...

Even if I had to format the hard drive

I once bought a pro version of XP (which is what this runs on), but a stepson of mine stole it, and took the key codes with

That is why they are all without exception DISINHERITED, for they are all thieves and liars. Just like their mother

So...

***sanitised***
Old 07-02-2013, 12:27 AM
Post Fiend

CLINT-THE-GREAT
Well I hate to break it to you, but a new computer WON"T come with re-install discs. They stopped including them a while ago. So now if you reformat your computer, you will have to purchase a new copy of Windows.

Would you like me to take a look at it and see if I can tweak it to make it run faster? That is partly houw I make a living is working on computers

-The Great
Old 07-02-2013, 11:59 AM
Pestiferous Nuisance

The only way I could do that is if I shipped it off - and I can't afford to be out of contact. I'm just going to have to put away some cash beyond and above parts money and/or cash to get a clunker to drive in the meantime
Old 07-02-2013, 11:59 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter