Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Senior User

Aussie BrianB is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Speedo recalibration

Hi all,
My truck has 315/75 R16 rubber fitted and so the speedo is out,
enough to get fined.
It also makes keeping an eye on fuel consumption difficult.
Is there a way to recalibrate the speedo or do I need to buy one of these?
TruSpeed™ Speed Sensor Recalibrator · Superlift · www.superlift.com
Old 06-30-2013, 10:27 PM
Post Fiend

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
There isn't a way to correct the speedo on theses trucks. (newer ones can get the speedo reprogrammed)

How much is your speedo out?
Old 06-30-2013, 10:36 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigF350 View Post
There isn't a way to correct the speedo on theses trucks. (newer ones can get the speedo reprogrammed)

How much is your speedo out?
Enough to get fined, when the speedo says 100km the GPS says 112km.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:58 AM
Posting Guru

ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.
U can recalibrate with AE which I have. Where do you live ??
Never mind I just saw the city of churches. No good to you
Might ask Reg if he has it
join the Australian Chapter here-Join Chapter
Old 07-01-2013, 06:22 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder View Post
U can recalibrate with AE which I have. Where do you live ??
Never mind I just saw the city of churches. No good to you
Might ask Reg if he has it
Brian,
Pardon my ignorance but what's AE?
Old 07-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Post Fiend

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
This:
Riffraff Diesel: AutoEnginuity Total Ford Enhanced Bundle
Old 07-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigF350 View Post
Adrian,
WOW what and great piece of equipment!!

Unfortunatley its a bit of overkill just to recalibrate the speedo.
I don't know if I would get enough use out of it to warrant the
cost and freight to Australia.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:05 AM
Posting Guru

ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.
its well worth the money imo. has full diagnostic provisions, data logging and much more. Its the first thing I get out when i got a problem with the truck. Saves some yobbo charging you $100 bucks an hour and changing parts will nilly. Get ya data, post your problem on FTE and problem solved.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:15 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.
Analogue speedo recalibration:
1) check GPS and indicated speed difference at 100kmh;
2) remove insturment binnacle cowl;
3) carefully remove speedo needle rest pin (pull gently with needle nosed pliers);
4) let needle come to it resting position, note position;
5) using a lifting fork, gently level the speedo needleaway from the cluster - without too much effort the needle will come off;
6) refit the needle to a new position to obtain the speed differential correction as noted in 1) above, the needle just presses on;
7) re-fit cowl & binnacle cover;
8) next time you're on the highway check the speed differential again, if necessary repeat the above until you have 100kmh spot on.

If you are running larger than stock wheels the above will mean that your speedo will proportionally read UNDER your GPS/actual speed below 100kmh.
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
NOT done: big oil, big brakes, big turbo. Next Mods? None - I'm done!
Australia: where Mechanics use spanners & Plumbers use wrenches
Old 07-02-2013, 05:19 AM
Posting Guru

If my memory serves me correctly we dont have a instrument cowl. Its all one bloody big piece and a absolute PIA to get off
Old 07-02-2013, 05:25 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSimon View Post
Analogue speedo recalibration:
1) check GPS and indicated speed difference at 100kmh;
2) remove insturment binnacle cowl;
3) carefully remove speedo needle rest pin (pull gently with needle nosed pliers);
4) let needle come to it resting position, note position;
5) using a lifting fork, gently level the speedo needleaway from the cluster - without too much effort the needle will come off;
6) refit the needle to a new position to obtain the speed differential correction as noted in 1) above, the needle just presses on;
7) re-fit cowl & binnacle cover;
8) next time you're on the highway check the speed differential again, if necessary repeat the above until you have 100kmh spot on.

If you are running larger than stock wheels the above will mean that your speedo will proportionally read UNDER your GPS/actual speed below 100kmh.
Simon,
Mate ifs that's the only solution then the AE suddenly sounds like
an attractive option.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:29 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder View Post
If my memory serves me correctly we dont have a instrument cowl. Its all one bloody big piece and a absolute PIA to get off
Brian,
From my experience anything involving the dash of any vehicle is a PITA, and the neck and the back and, by the end, the head.
The dash has to be my least favourite place.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:45 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.
It's not that hard! Prize out the headlamp switch and unplug it, the entire cowl (including dash) unclips, once you get it started it is easy to unplug the 4WD loom, twist it over and stick it on the passenger seat. From there you can unclip the perspex instrument cover and access the gauge needles.
I've had this lot out countless times & replaced all the bulbs with LEDs cause then I figured that I wouldn't have to do it again.
The actual dash stays in situ.

Anyway, I have to take mine off again because one of the LEDs is flashing - why did I bother? So I'll take some pics of the operation and post them.
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
NOT done: big oil, big brakes, big turbo. Next Mods? None - I'm done!
Australia: where Mechanics use spanners & Plumbers use wrenches
Old 07-06-2013, 03:21 AM
Elder User

Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
2005 FORD F250 7.3L, Maxxis BigHorns 35's,16x10 alloy rims,5"Procomp/Icon Vehicle Dynamics lift,AIH Delete,CCV,FRX,HPX, OCR,JW valve body,mag-hytec rear diff cover,Riffraff Billet plenums,Clays ported housing+11 blade comp wheel,Bellowed up-pipes,Garrett turbo outlet,F6 chip,Custom 4" to 5" exhaust,All from clay @ RiffRaff,BD big trans sump,Carpc got the ****,got a IPAD in the dash now
Old 07-16-2013, 03:14 AM
Senior User

Bought the AE from RR, waiting for it to arrive.
How hard is it to recal the speedo with the AE?
Old 07-16-2013, 03:14 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter