Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-29-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.
It ain't wrapped in yellow tape, but...

...it's still a Buck$Zooka round.

Click the image to open in full size.

I was going to install this today, but Thor cast his vote on the matter and I'm waiting for the weather to clear. In the mean time; I get to listen to the emergency radio go nuts with warnings of flash floods, and post pictures of my new toy... as long as power/internet holds out.

I opened all the packages in the box, then decided to use my pocket knife in the image, so you can get an idea of how small the box is. It surprised me.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Senior User

BrandonT71 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ok, I'm jealous! But I've got along ways to go before adding tunes, I'll get there though! Should be getting a couple "Yellow taped boxes" next week. BTW, Dunder und Blitzen passed our way about 20 min ago, and its headed your way, lots of wind and rain, and quite noisy. So are you gonna run PHP's tunes or play some others? Oh, have you figured out the OBDII to head unit interface thing yet?
Old 06-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Elder User

01PS is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am interested in whose tunes you will run as well. Is this just a toy to play with or a real replacement for what you're running now?

01 F250 7.3L 4X4 Lariat EC SB
4" Turbo back - Trans/Pyro/Boost/Fuel Pressure - HD4R100 - 6.0L Trans Cooler - DP Tuner - No EBPV - Cold AC - Foil delete - AIH delete - Bellowed Up-Pipes - CCV - S&B Intake - Billet Plenums - Boots - OCR - FRX - HPX - AutoE
Old 06-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Posting Guru

JT250 has a good reputation on FTE.JT250 has a good reputation on FTE.JT250 has a good reputation on FTE.
So you got the optional cable huh?

Pretty sure one of those tunes will be the live tune he got from Cody. Then what else do you need? Decel, quiet tune?
2.5" leveling kit, F-350 rear blocks, Remote start, AFE II, 4" turbo back, Riffraff wheel, HFO, T-5 hpop, FRx, HPx, 50 cent mod, CCV mod, Hutch, Harpoon, 20" Diamos wrapped in 305 NITTOS, Stage 1.5 30% Single shot, Hydra with tunes from Gearhead.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.
All of my tunes are live-tuned by Cody... and one of them has to remain a secret for a while longer. The tunes are dialed to my style of driving and Stinky's hardware. I had a temporary TS chip until the Hydra popped up on the priority list.

I'll be discussing the merits of live-tuning here at a later time, as well as the chip itself.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:02 PM
I'm a cautionary tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonT71 View Post
BTW, Dunder und Blitzen passed our way about 20 min ago, and its headed your way, lots of wind and rain, and quite noisy.
I lost track how many emergency announcements popped up on the weather radio... suffice to say we are now flushed. At one time, they closed parts of downtown because of manhole covers shooting up and being lost in the torrent.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:04 PM
Senior User

BrandonT71 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugly View Post
I lost track how many emergency announcements popped up on the weather radio... suffice to say we are now flushed. At one time, they closed parts of downtown because of manhole covers shooting up and being lost in the torrent.
Oh my...well at least the street should be clean
Old 06-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Postmaster

Bonanza35 has a very good reputation on FTE.Bonanza35 has a very good reputation on FTE.Bonanza35 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Please keep us posted!
Old 06-29-2013, 09:43 PM
Elder User

BWST has a good reputation on FTE.BWST has a good reputation on FTE.BWST has a good reputation on FTE.
That PHP switch should fit your rectangular hole pretty well I would think. Someone on here did that didnt they? Going from DP to PHP with just a bit of dremelling, I think...

Jeff
2000 F350 7.3L 4x4 CCLB SRW (SOLD). 08 Host Everest (SOLD). 84 Searay 210 (SOLD).
Old 06-29-2013, 09:46 PM
I'm a cautionary tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWST View Post
That PHP switch should fit your rectangular hole pretty well I would think. Someone on here did that didnt they? Going from DP to PHP with just a bit of dremelling, I think...
Yes... I read that here. However... somebody has my DP insert {cough cough}.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:07 PM
Elder User

BWST has a good reputation on FTE.BWST has a good reputation on FTE.BWST has a good reputation on FTE.
Ha Ha! I know I know who!

Jeff
2000 F350 7.3L 4x4 CCLB SRW (SOLD). 08 Host Everest (SOLD). 84 Searay 210 (SOLD).
Old 06-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Postmaster

Bonanza35 has a very good reputation on FTE.Bonanza35 has a very good reputation on FTE.Bonanza35 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Well if it don't fit Tugly, you can send it to me!

Chet
Old 06-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Senior User

flavo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonT71 View Post
Ok, I'm jealous! But I've got along ways to go before adding tunes,
Me too, I'd have tunes right now if Rich didn't make that chip chaser thread
Old 06-30-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm a cautionary tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavo View Post
I'd have tunes right now if Rich didn't make that chip chaser thread
Sorry Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:53 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel