Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2013, 10:25 AM
New User

Kels_Bubba is starting off with a positive reputation.
Chug-a-lug part 2

This is a continuation of my recent chug a lug post...

Ok so got my oil change this morning..truck is still having its issue..sounds like a cam surge but only does it when first starting truck..I took a vid of it so that you guys can hear what I'm talking about, the whole truck shakes and when it finally catches it runs fine. The places where you hear the engine rev a little is me giving it some gas(seems to catch quicker if I do that)

So any suggestions..cam sensor has been replaced twice and when it crapped out it shut the vehicle down both times..

Thks!!
Old 06-23-2013, 11:00 AM
Senior User

brooksbronco17 is starting off with a positive reputation.
try starting in neutral. If it doesn't do It in neutral it's the transmission range sensor that is bad. I think that is what alot of posters call romping.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:12 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksbronco17 View Post
try starting in neutral. If it doesn't do It in neutral it's the transmission range sensor that is bad. I think that is what alot of posters call romping.
Bubba cranked right up in neutral...with no 'romping'

So if that transmission sensor is bad is that a critical fix? Like don't drive the truck until it's fixed? I have another vehicle, Dodge Magnum, so I've definitely been driving her more instead of Bubba ..problem is we have no decent diesel mechanics around here

Oh and THANKS brooksbronco17!!!!
Old 06-23-2013, 11:17 AM
Post Fiend

fordman67 has a good reputation on FTE.fordman67 has a good reputation on FTE.fordman67 has a good reputation on FTE.
Just start in n until you get it replaced
its an easy fix.any decent tech cam replace it.just make sure to use ford part!
Old 06-23-2013, 11:22 AM
New User

Thks fordman67!!
Old 06-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Louisiana Chapter LDR

fordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud of
That's why I asked that question in the other thread
96 F350 CC ZF5 53k with grandpas package
Louisiana FTE Member Map
Old 06-23-2013, 02:12 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordpride View Post
That's why I asked that question in the other thread
And you were dead on fordpride!!!
Shoulda checked that when ya posted it!!
Thanks!!
Old 06-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Postmaster

madpogue has a very good reputation on FTE.madpogue has a very good reputation on FTE.madpogue has a very good reputation on FTE.madpogue has a very good reputation on FTE.
You shouldn't need a mechanic for this fix. That switch/sensor bolts on to the outside of the tranny, and has just one plug. There's an adjustment procedure for it, no doubt; who knows, maybe an adjustment is all it needs (doesn't "sense" when you're in Park).
Old 06-23-2013, 03:40 PM
Senior User

dieselsubmariner is starting off with a positive reputation.
mine did exactly the same.. replaced range sensor, fixed it

NO ...MY TRUCK DOES NOT LEAK... IT IS JUST MARKING IT’s TERRITORY ! “
Old 06-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Post Fiend

ReBilld has a great reputation on FTE.ReBilld has a great reputation on FTE.ReBilld has a great reputation on FTE.ReBilld has a great reputation on FTE.ReBilld has a great reputation on FTE.
I noticed in the video, after the truck started running good, you no oil pressure. Might want to check/replace the oil psi sensor.

'95 F350 CCLB 4x4 dually,ZF 5spd,4.10,Rosewood Stage 2s,T500,S366,IC,Tony Wildman tunes,e-fuel,6637,CCV mod,3.5" DP,Diamond Eye 5" exhaust,Valair clutch,IH water pump,Scangauge,GlowShift gauges
'92 F350 CCLB 4x4,ZF 5spd,4.10,460 gas to PSD conversion project truck
Old 06-24-2013, 07:04 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBilld View Post
I noticed in the video, after the truck started running good, you no oil pressure. Might want to check/replace the oil psi sensor.
Thanks for noticing that ReBilld! I had a mechanic check that out when I got the truck..it has always done that and only goes to normal when I am on the gas..he couldn't find anything wrong..
The guy who had the truck before me was a firefighter and he rigged it up with so many lights it looked like a Christmas tree! (and really didn't know what he was doing when he did it) so needless to say I have had a lot of 'electrical' issues/shorts etc. not really sure if that was affected but I've had the truck for 7 yrs now and it's done that since Ive had it..
There is a new mechanic that is opening shop here on July 1 that works on diesels...from vehicles to farm equipment to big rigs, so hopefully he will know his s**%.. Gonna have him take a look at Bubs and will mention it to him to chk it out!
Thanks!!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:48 AM
New User

meandlia is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile New Mech on 7/1??? Whattttt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kels_Bubba View Post
Thanks for noticing that ReBilld! I had a mechanic check that out when I got the truck..it has always done that and only goes to normal when I am on the gas..he couldn't find anything wrong..
The guy who had the truck before me was a firefighter and he rigged it up with so many lights it looked like a Christmas tree! (and really didn't know what he was doing when he did it) so needless to say I have had a lot of 'electrical' issues/shorts etc. not really sure if that was affected but I've had the truck for 7 yrs now and it's done that since Ive had it..
There is a new mechanic that is opening shop here on July 1 that works on diesels...from vehicles to farm equipment to big rigs, so hopefully he will know his s**%.. Gonna have him take a look at Bubs and will mention it to him to chk it out!
Thanks!!

You didn't mention the new mech coming to town on 7/1... I am picking up the dually on Saturday (oh... uh, yeah need a ride, haha). He said there wasn't a single drop of trans fluid leaking the whole time he had it & that he couldn't find anything w/the trans w/just a 'basic' look over. He suggests a shop that can do a trans diag if I want to pursue it - of course he did all of that no charge, cuz he's a good mech, thank the ford gods... anyway - he had a suggestion about the fluid thing and it made me start thinking. Didn't Raymond mention putting in fluid & possibly put in too much - beyond the hatch marks? Allen said it could be 'flinging out' as over-spill when it gets hot & that's why we see it after it's been driven. It's weird because the two days I drove it to work, there was no t.fluid on the parking lot space where it was parked either... weird. I don't know jack about trans. that's for sure. I'll tell ya, if it ain't one thing, it's another... this is one expensive truck... haha
Old 06-28-2013, 04:48 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel