High Pressure Oil Crossover Line - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums



Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

High Pressure Oil Crossover Line

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 06-22-2013, 10:48 PM
Aussie BrianB's Avatar
Aussie BrianB Aussie BrianB is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 368
Aussie BrianB has a good reputation on FTE.Aussie BrianB has a good reputation on FTE.
Question High Pressure Oil Crossover Line

Hi all,
Anyone know where to get a HPX line in Australia?
They are $49US to buy from the states but they
want $86US to freight it here!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:25 AM
SSSimon SSSimon is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canberra Australia
Posts: 1,158
SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.
You can subscribe to Viaddress.com
They will allocate you a 'suite number' at their premises. You will have to send them a completed USPS authority for them to receive your deliveries.
They will then consolidate, if necessary, and ship your parcels over based on their volumetric weight.
For smaller parts like the HPX, FRX, high flow turbo outlet, or even air filters, this works out pretty cheap.
I've sent heavier stuff over like a front axle lift kit but this got fairly expensive, like the price of the parts again. But it was here via Fed-Ex in a week.
When you get really big then there is a sea freight option using UStoAUS. My 4" exhaust system came over in a medium sized box for $150, but I had to wait 8 weeks and pay GST on the cost of the exhaust (cause UStoAUS didn't seperate the individual consignments on their import declaration).
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:43 AM
Aussie BrianB's Avatar
Aussie BrianB Aussie BrianB is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 368
Aussie BrianB has a good reputation on FTE.Aussie BrianB has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSimon View Post
You can subscribe to Viaddress.com
They will allocate you a 'suite number' at their premises. You will have to send them a completed USPS authority for them to receive your deliveries.
They will then consolidate, if necessary, and ship your parcels over based on their volumetric weight.
For smaller parts like the HPX, FRX, high flow turbo outlet, or even air filters, this works out pretty cheap.
I've sent heavier stuff over like a front axle lift kit but this got fairly expensive, like the price of the parts again. But it was here via Fed-Ex in a week.
When you get really big then there is a sea freight option using UStoAUS. My 4" exhaust system came over in a medium sized box for $150, but I had to wait 8 weeks and pay GST on the cost of the exhaust (cause UStoAUS didn't seperate the individual consignments on their import declaration).
Simon,
Thanks once again.
I will have to look into this as there is such a shortage of local
suppliers for F truck stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-24-2013, 08:37 AM
SSSimon SSSimon is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canberra Australia
Posts: 1,158
SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.
I think the only things that I have bought from a dealer locally have been the transmission filter and transmission pan gasket.

Filters can be bought from an independant parts shop.

Everything else I have bought and shipped in from the US. Rule of Thumb is that you can get US sourced parts from half to two-thirds of the Ozzy dealer price.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Aussie BrianB's Avatar
Aussie BrianB Aussie BrianB is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 368
Aussie BrianB has a good reputation on FTE.Aussie BrianB has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSimon View Post
I think the only things that I have bought from a dealer locally have been the transmission filter and transmission pan gasket.

Filters can be bought from an independant parts shop.

Everything else I have bought and shipped in from the US. Rule of Thumb is that you can get US sourced parts from half to two-thirds of the Ozzy dealer price.
Yeah they are cheaper but the freight is a rip off!!

Thanks for the Viaddress tip.
Just set it up and ordered the HPX line.
Should save me about $30.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-24-2013, 12:48 PM
ChunderDownUnder's Avatar
ChunderDownUnder ChunderDownUnder is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Man Cave
Posts: 2,118
ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.
$86 freight does sound high to me. How are they shipping it (private jet) ?? Did you get that through Clay. ??
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-24-2013, 07:36 PM
Aussie BrianB's Avatar
Aussie BrianB Aussie BrianB is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 368
Aussie BrianB has a good reputation on FTE.Aussie BrianB has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder View Post
$86 freight does sound high to me. How are they shipping it (private jet) ?? Did you get that through Clay. ??
Bought it from a mob called Pure Diesel Power.
It was the cheapest I could find that still sounded
like a decent product, not Chinese junk.

Who is Clay?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Kramer73's Avatar
Kramer73 Kramer73 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sunshine Coast, Australia
Posts: 125
Kramer73 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Kramer73 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hi Aussie BrianB

Clay is the owner of Riffraff Diesel. Give him a call and have a chat. He helps us aussies a fair bit with parts.
His prices are good, and he offers a personal touch which is nice when getting bits from the US.
He has ordered genuine Ford parts for me in the past and sent them over at a reduced price and the freight wasn't too bad either.

Give him a try, you won't be disappointed.

I have even bought items from Ebay USA and freighted them to him. Clay then just adds the item to my next box of stuff I buy from him. Very helpful. I am sure no other company would do that for us aussies!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Aussie BrianB's Avatar
Aussie BrianB Aussie BrianB is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 368
Aussie BrianB has a good reputation on FTE.Aussie BrianB has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer73 View Post
Hi Aussie BrianB

Clay is the owner of Riffraff Diesel. Give him a call and have a chat. He helps us aussies a fair bit with parts.
His prices are good, and he offers a personal touch which is nice when getting bits from the US.
He has ordered genuine Ford parts for me in the past and sent them over at a reduced price and the freight wasn't too bad either.

Give him a try, you won't be disappointed.

I have even bought items from Ebay USA and freighted them to him. Clay then just adds the item to my next box of stuff I buy from him. Very helpful. I am sure no other company would do that for us aussies!!
Krammer,
Thanks for the info.
I have already got my eye on a few bits of kit from Riffraff.
It sounds like he is a dealer who cares about giving good service,
a rarity these days.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-25-2013, 02:29 AM
ChunderDownUnder's Avatar
ChunderDownUnder ChunderDownUnder is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Man Cave
Posts: 2,118
ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie BrianB View Post
Krammer,
Thanks for the info.
I have already got my eye on a few bits of kit from Riffraff.
It sounds like he is a dealer who cares about giving good service,
a rarity these days.
Very much so. Send him an email and say hello. U wont find a better bloke to deal with. Ask him for a price on freight just for comparison. im guessing around 15-20 bones should be about right through US post. You can use that up to about 20kg then I use UPS.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-25-2013, 05:32 AM
SSSimon SSSimon is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canberra Australia
Posts: 1,158
SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.
Start that thread I suggested and we will all tell you what to buy off Clay!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-24-2013, 06:05 AM
SSSimon SSSimon is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canberra Australia
Posts: 1,158
SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.
HPX - informative post with performance graph of before & after, worth a look if you're considering this mod:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...h-ae-data.html
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tool box owenlindsay General Automotive Discussion 3 12-02-2015 01:46 AM
Paragon Performance POPAJON 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1 07-26-2015 01:44 PM
Power Steering Pump Overhaul Kit Aussie BrianB Australia Chapter 1 09-23-2014 06:10 PM
Fuel line Aussie BrianB Australia Chapter 2 04-14-2014 01:32 PM
400M Cleveland Engine Number u2canb12 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 4 01-04-2011 06:16 PM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > >

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.


This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.