Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Senior User

Aussie BrianB is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question High Pressure Oil Crossover Line

Hi all,
Anyone know where to get a HPX line in Australia?
They are $49US to buy from the states but they
want $86US to freight it here!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:25 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.
You can subscribe to Viaddress.com
They will allocate you a 'suite number' at their premises. You will have to send them a completed USPS authority for them to receive your deliveries.
They will then consolidate, if necessary, and ship your parcels over based on their volumetric weight.
For smaller parts like the HPX, FRX, high flow turbo outlet, or even air filters, this works out pretty cheap.
I've sent heavier stuff over like a front axle lift kit but this got fairly expensive, like the price of the parts again. But it was here via Fed-Ex in a week.
When you get really big then there is a sea freight option using UStoAUS. My 4" exhaust system came over in a medium sized box for $150, but I had to wait 8 weeks and pay GST on the cost of the exhaust (cause UStoAUS didn't seperate the individual consignments on their import declaration).
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
NOT done: big oil, big brakes, big turbo. Next Mods? None - I'm done!
Australia: where Mechanics use spanners & Plumbers use wrenches
Old 06-24-2013, 05:43 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSimon View Post
You can subscribe to Viaddress.com
They will allocate you a 'suite number' at their premises. You will have to send them a completed USPS authority for them to receive your deliveries.
They will then consolidate, if necessary, and ship your parcels over based on their volumetric weight.
For smaller parts like the HPX, FRX, high flow turbo outlet, or even air filters, this works out pretty cheap.
I've sent heavier stuff over like a front axle lift kit but this got fairly expensive, like the price of the parts again. But it was here via Fed-Ex in a week.
When you get really big then there is a sea freight option using UStoAUS. My 4" exhaust system came over in a medium sized box for $150, but I had to wait 8 weeks and pay GST on the cost of the exhaust (cause UStoAUS didn't seperate the individual consignments on their import declaration).
Simon,
Thanks once again.
I will have to look into this as there is such a shortage of local
suppliers for F truck stuff.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:37 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.
I think the only things that I have bought from a dealer locally have been the transmission filter and transmission pan gasket.

Filters can be bought from an independant parts shop.

Everything else I have bought and shipped in from the US. Rule of Thumb is that you can get US sourced parts from half to two-thirds of the Ozzy dealer price.
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
Old 06-24-2013, 07:54 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSimon View Post
I think the only things that I have bought from a dealer locally have been the transmission filter and transmission pan gasket.

Filters can be bought from an independant parts shop.

Everything else I have bought and shipped in from the US. Rule of Thumb is that you can get US sourced parts from half to two-thirds of the Ozzy dealer price.
Yeah they are cheaper but the freight is a rip off!!

Thanks for the Viaddress tip.
Just set it up and ordered the HPX line.
Should save me about $30.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:48 AM
Posting Guru

ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.
$86 freight does sound high to me. How are they shipping it (private jet) ?? Did you get that through Clay. ??
join the Australian Chapter here-Join Chapter
Old 06-24-2013, 06:36 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder View Post
$86 freight does sound high to me. How are they shipping it (private jet) ?? Did you get that through Clay. ??
Bought it from a mob called Pure Diesel Power.
It was the cheapest I could find that still sounded
like a decent product, not Chinese junk.

Who is Clay?
Old 06-24-2013, 07:24 PM
Senior User

Kramer73 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hi Aussie BrianB

Clay is the owner of Riffraff Diesel. Give him a call and have a chat. He helps us aussies a fair bit with parts.
His prices are good, and he offers a personal touch which is nice when getting bits from the US.
He has ordered genuine Ford parts for me in the past and sent them over at a reduced price and the freight wasn't too bad either.

Give him a try, you won't be disappointed.

I have even bought items from Ebay USA and freighted them to him. Clay then just adds the item to my next box of stuff I buy from him. Very helpful. I am sure no other company would do that for us aussies!!
Ford Australia imported 7.3 PSD till 05.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:39 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer73 View Post
Hi Aussie BrianB

Clay is the owner of Riffraff Diesel. Give him a call and have a chat. He helps us aussies a fair bit with parts.
His prices are good, and he offers a personal touch which is nice when getting bits from the US.
He has ordered genuine Ford parts for me in the past and sent them over at a reduced price and the freight wasn't too bad either.

Give him a try, you won't be disappointed.

I have even bought items from Ebay USA and freighted them to him. Clay then just adds the item to my next box of stuff I buy from him. Very helpful. I am sure no other company would do that for us aussies!!
Krammer,
Thanks for the info.
I have already got my eye on a few bits of kit from Riffraff.
It sounds like he is a dealer who cares about giving good service,
a rarity these days.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:29 AM
Posting Guru

ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie BrianB View Post
Krammer,
Thanks for the info.
I have already got my eye on a few bits of kit from Riffraff.
It sounds like he is a dealer who cares about giving good service,
a rarity these days.
Very much so. Send him an email and say hello. U wont find a better bloke to deal with. Ask him for a price on freight just for comparison. im guessing around 15-20 bones should be about right through US post. You can use that up to about 20kg then I use UPS.
join the Australian Chapter here-Join Chapter
Old 06-25-2013, 04:32 AM
Posting Guru

Start that thread I suggested and we will all tell you what to buy off Clay!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:05 AM
Posting Guru

HPX - informative post with performance graph of before & after, worth a look if you're considering this mod:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...h-ae-data.html
Old 10-24-2013, 05:05 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter