Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2013, 08:07 AM
Postmaster

Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.
Wink Commercial Bio-Diesel in a 6.7??

Anyone running COMMERCIAL made Bio-Diesel (B-99) in a 6.7 truck? what are your findings?
Old 06-22-2013, 08:13 AM
Senior User

Javi1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Javi1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
my 6.7 is only rated to run B20 or less so I doubt I'd be putting B99 in it anytime...
Old 06-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Postmaster

Tim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputation
I wouldn't run it if it were me, our trucks are only rated for B20 like Javi1 said and on top of that I think there is two much chance of getting water in the system with Bio-Diesel. I know there are some that run Bio in there trucks but I wouldn't do it with the sensitive fuel systems our trucks have.

2012 F350 DRW, CC, King Ranch, 5th wheel package, air bags with wireless controller, High idle Mod, no door bell and Edge CTS monitor.
2004 Eddie Bauer Explorer, My wife's daily driver
1969 Bronco, Under Construction
1968 F250 Camper Special, 390 my wife's truck she's had it for 30 years.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:47 PM
Senior User

blieux1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I run anywhere from 40% to 100% of my home made bio in my 2011 with no problems.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Elder User

ngng is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi1 View Post
my 6.7 is only rated to run B20 or less so I doubt I'd be putting B99 in it anytime...
"rated" from Ford...you can run B99 in nearly any diesel motor. Older vehicles had issues with rubber parts, but newer vehicles have no issues.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:45 AM
Senior User

Javi1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Javi1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngng View Post
"rated" from Ford...you can run B99 in nearly any diesel motor. Older vehicles had issues with rubber parts, but newer vehicles have no issues.
And you're gonna buy me a $10K fuel system rebuild when Ford says... Nope you ran Bio-diesel in excess of B20..... Dumb butt, we even put a badge on the side of the truck to remind you....

Just another stupid government program.... like spending billions to breed cows that don't fart...
Old 06-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Elder User

PITS is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.PITS is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I made a run hauling 8K pounds of explosives out to west Nebraska the other day. Flat, freeway driving with no real wind at all and very hot. Fuel stations get few and far between out there and as I got closer and closer to "E" I started looking...............and looking...............and looking for a station along the freeway. Finally found one with 12 MTE on the lie-o-meter....BUT, it was bio-diesel (B-20)

My truck was a bio-virgin.

Reluctanltly, I put only enough in to get back to civilization (so I thought), made my drop, and headed back east. I lost .5 MPG now with an empty trailer and no headwind. Pulled into the station with 9 MTE...sweating.

The bio-diesel was $3.91 and Ultra Low #2 diesel was $3.52

Filled it to the brim and watched my mileage creep back up all the way home.

Never again if I can help it.
2011 F-250 CC 4x4, 6.7L PSD, LB, 3.55e, Tuxedo Black w/black leather, Lariat Ultimate, FX4, Camper package, Dual alt, Rapid heat, Tough Bed & mat. MODs: Epic Door Seal mod, Rancho 9000XL, AMP Power Steps, Lockpick, Roll-N-Lock "E" tonneau cover, T-REX black stainless mesh grilles, One off carbon fiber look center dash, M&R LED lightbar, Infinity Kappa x4 upgrade, Pyle Driver bed speakers, Plasmaglow FireStorm and FX-4000 strobes, Kensun HID fogs, ICELED scanner, 15w solar panel, Swing case, etc.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:44 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel