Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2013, 05:21 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.
Oil leak in the valley

Drip under the truck, this time engine oil.

Look in the valley, wet with oil right up under the HPOP. By feel the bottom of the HPOP is wet with oil.

So am I am for one HPOP seals kit, and a remove, replace seals, refit?
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
NOT done: big oil, big brakes, big turbo. Next Mods? None - I'm done!
Australia: where Mechanics use spanners & Plumbers use wrenches
Old 06-22-2013, 06:28 AM
Senior User

Patchy 73 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Does not sound good
A mate of mine had same problem
Found a crack in the HPOP
Hope it is just the seal

Cheers,
Patchy
Old 06-22-2013, 07:36 PM
Posting Guru

ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.
U should know the deal buy now Simon. Clean her right up, get the flexible mirror and find out exactly where. Buy the sounds of it , should be easy to spot. Guzzles site sells the rebuild kit. Might be the un servicable plug.
join the Australian Chapter here-Join Chapter
Old 06-23-2013, 01:32 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.
Yes, I know. I was wondering if there is any seals that are replaceable around there that I could try replacing before I go to the trouble of pulling out the HPOP.
Guzzle should have the answer.
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
Old 06-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Posting Guru

ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.
Just the seals on the HPOP hoses could be done. But if it aint the issue whats the point bro. Its about time you got in there and dirty . With the age of your truck I would put one of Joey's modded HPOP in and be done with it. Your injectors will luv u for it and if you upgrade the sticks at a latter date you are half way there.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:53 PM
Elder User

Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder View Post
Just the seals on the HPOP hoses could be done. But if it aint the issue whats the point bro. Its about time you got in there and dirty . With the age of your truck I would put one of Joey's modded HPOP in and be done with it. Your injectors will luv u for it and if you upgrade the sticks at a latter date you are half way there.
I like ya thinking bruvva.

What he said

walk in the park compared to doing injectors
2005 FORD F250 7.3L, Maxxis BigHorns 35's,16x10 alloy rims,5"Procomp/Icon Vehicle Dynamics lift,AIH Delete,CCV,FRX,HPX, OCR,JW valve body,mag-hytec rear diff cover,Riffraff Billet plenums,Clays ported housing+11 blade comp wheel,Bellowed up-pipes,Garrett turbo outlet,F6 chip,Custom 4" to 5" exhaust,All from clay @ RiffRaff,BD big trans sump,Carpc got the ****,got a IPAD in the dash now
Old 06-24-2013, 04:50 AM
Posting Guru

Is that the Terminator 500 HPOP you're talking about:

Riffraff Diesel: Terminator T500 HPOP

Anyone got an old HPOP they want to lend me so that I can pre-ship?

Once the new one comes and I replace the one on my truck I can ship my used one to return the loaner.

Isn't this classic, 2 weeks after the Aussie drops 12% against the green back I'm off the spend nearly a grand...
Old 06-24-2013, 11:45 AM
Posting Guru

Nop. U dont have to go that far with the HPOP. He does a modded HPOP which is keeping up with my 250cc. Its only about 300 bones. And I cant help with a spare. Someone got on that boat b4 u. Maybe Clay can help or just pay the core.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Elder User

Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Clay sent me the T500,then i sent him mine after i did the swap..
2005 FORD F250 7.3L, Maxxis BigHorns 35's,16x10 alloy rims,5"Procomp/Icon Vehicle Dynamics lift,AIH Delete,CCV,FRX,HPX, OCR,JW valve body,mag-hytec rear diff cover,Riffraff Billet plenums,Clays ported housing+11 blade comp wheel,Bellowed up-pipes,Garrett turbo outlet,F6 chip,Custom 4" to 5" exhaust,All from clay @ RiffRaff,BD big trans sump,Carpc got the ****,got a IPAD in the dash now
Old 06-27-2013, 05:58 AM
Posting Guru

So Bryan, you're running the T500 with stock injectors?
Old 06-27-2013, 02:05 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSimon View Post
So Bryan, you're running the T500 with stock injectors?
Well my thinking was like brains,i had to remove it too put the kit thru it,so fark it I put the T500 in DONE ready for my injectors when I do em..
Old 06-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkelly View Post
Well my thinking was like brains,i had to remove it too put the kit thru it,so fark it I put the T500 in DONE ready for my injectors when I do em..
yeh right, after he finishes the fence
Old 06-28-2013, 04:30 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder View Post
yeh right, after he finishes the fence
Hahaha already done ya cunny funt, I just relised I spelt ur name wrong
Old 06-28-2013, 04:58 AM
Posting Guru

May as well also cough up the bucks for the T500 from Clay and keep my options open.

E.G. If a BT50 ever passes me when I'm towing I will be upgrading my injectors very soon afterwards cause I ain't going to let that happen twice!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:17 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSimon View Post
May as well also cough up the bucks for the T500 from Clay and keep my options open.

E.G. If a BT50 ever passes me when I'm towing I will be upgrading my injectors very soon afterwards cause I ain't going to let that happen twice!
Now thats the spirit
Have you found out where it is leaking from. Some pics for the newer members would help.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:17 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter