Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Post Fiend

sdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniolon View Post
they are showing for me ?????
I see 'click the image to open in full size'..
(but if I click they don't display)
the image URL has \ in place of the normal /

if I manually replace the\ with / and view them one at a time it works..
I think u need to edit the links..

how did u get them them in the post?

1955 F100 460/c6, 3.55ls - 436 hp, 489 tq
2012 F350 4x4, DRW, 3.73ls, CC, LB, 400 hp, 800 tq
2013 Keystone Alpine 3720FB 5th wheel. 40', 15,500gvwr
Old 06-30-2013, 04:42 PM
New User

jwatson1969 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i see them
Old 06-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Post Fiend

sdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud of
and u didn't weld the cutout piece back into the hole? you ever get any water up in there and you'll have rust dripping out the ends of the bedsides!..

Old 06-30-2013, 04:49 PM
Postmaster

jniolon is a splendid one to beholdjniolon is a splendid one to beholdjniolon is a splendid one to beholdjniolon is a splendid one to beholdjniolon is a splendid one to beholdjniolon is a splendid one to beholdjniolon is a splendid one to behold
I host them on my site and here's the text to display them

http://jniolon.classicpickup.com\bed...ssmember01.jpg

crap... if I put the "{img}" code in it show the pics and not the text... the address above is what I put inside the "[img]" html codes

I don't understand your last post completely... I can see where I'd get water in there... but the orig was completely open on the bottom... I hope to get a good coat of primer/paint in there and I could always cut in drain holes too ??? wouldn't that work ??
Old 06-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniolon View Post
I host them on my site and here's the text to display them

Click the image to open in full size.

I started cutting out notches with a hole saw... and didn't like that... then tried using Metabo with cut off wheel and making square notches... didn't like that... gawd I'm picky... then I cut the whole corner of the tube out with my plasma cutter, dressed it slightly and added the mounting angles on the inside (bedside of truck)

then I slid it into place for fit (sorry, some of the pictures are a little busy, but I wasn't gonna move all that crap... zoom in !

I don't understand your last post completely... I can see where I'd get water in there... but the orig was completely open on the bottom... I hope to get a good coat of primer/paint in there and I could always cut in drain holes too ??? wouldn't that work ??
open on the bottom will dry.. open on the top is a trap..

drain holes.. well maybe..

the images do NOT display with Firefox, but they do with Chrome.

attached is what your link looks like in firefox
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2013, 04:57 PM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
John,

Looks like it will work to me. It would be a good idea to make sure it had drain holes in it. In reality, with a good coat of sealer in there it will last longer than you will....LOL

Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 06-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Postmaster

jniolon is a splendid one to beholdjniolon is a splendid one to beholdjniolon is a splendid one to beholdjniolon is a splendid one to beholdjniolon is a splendid one to beholdjniolon is a splendid one to beholdjniolon is a splendid one to behold
sam,
the last post I made with reference to 'my site' didn't contain any pics... just the address of the picture file...

yea, firefox and chrome do some different things... and ME doesn't do anything well !

Maybe a nice coat of industrial epoxy finish on the inside... that stuff is indestructable. thanks Bobby for thinking I might live that long !!!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdetweil View Post
and u didn't weld the cutout piece back into the hole? you ever get any water up in there and you'll have rust dripping out the ends of the bedsides!..
revision 1...

two nice thick coats of Sherwin-Williams commercial/industrial Macropoxy...with adequate drying time between coats... fully coated...

rust ??? we don't need no stinkin rusty.. eh Sam ???

later
John
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Post Fiend

might work!.. looks good..

I don't have a shop full of spare steel and epoxy!

Old 07-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdetweil View Post
might work!.. looks good..

I don't have a shop full of spare steel and epoxy!
you should get you one.... it's fun. It comes from 40 years in the steel business and construction business... lots of drops and damaged stuff that can be salvaged... and ther is always a quart left in a gallon bucket of just about any kind of paint you can imagine.

I started working in a machine shop as their clerk/timekeeper in my early twenties.... dang I wish I'd learned that trade from some masters, but it didn't interest me back then... had access to every kind of machine and machinist...kicked myself several times for not taking advantage of offered instruction...

j
Old 07-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Senior User

ulev1st is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Secondary question.....where did you get the inner fender tubs and how much were they?

Retired Marine...no better friend...no worse enemy!

Don
Old 07-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Postmaster

Don.

picked them up at the Supernats a few years ago and seems like they were arsound 300 back then... I think I've seen them at different vendors but the price is higher...

john
Old 07-03-2013, 03:22 PM