Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bedliner

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 12:58 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the idea of running the wire through the brake line. That would be good for hiding it if I can get something a bit bigger since I've also got an amp wire with 2 RCA style connectors.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow that looks great! It makes my vinyl floors look like garbage...

I can't decide what to do with them. They look decent and are easy to clean.. but I want them to look nicer. Bedliner would be great.. but a lot of work and I already put some dynomat stuff (home depot version for roofing) all over the interior so that's not an option.. I've honestly been thinking of getting some carpet.. because it would looks so much more fancy and cozy and fit the "Eddie Bauer" theme.... but it would be a pain to clean!

Anyways awesome job on the bedliner. The brake line for the wires looks awesome.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Andrew James
Senior User
Lay down carpet Bubba. I converted my interior to full XLT and I always lay down Rustoleum bedliner, peelNseal, then carpet. I off road my truck like crazy and I always have little problem cleaning the carpet. Carpet looks so much better.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:25 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Diesel Brad that looks great. The brake line is a great Idea also.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:14 PM
MadMatt65
Senior User
I was just watching an episode of "Gearz" and they had a do-it-yourself liner called "Monstaliner". You can even get it in different colors. "Monstaliner.com" I pulled the carpet out of the cargo area of my Bronco and thinking about doing that area in a liner product instead of new carpet, but haven't made that decision yet!

Old 07-02-2013, 11:03 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I plan to re-carpet my 78. As much as I like the easily cleanable floor liners and vinyl, I love a soft cushy carpet when crawling around on the floor or back. Bubba, the option I was thinking and will probably do is new carpet with nice rubber floor mats and cargo mat. Keeps the carpet cleaner and makes cleaning the interior easy.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:04 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Andrew I think you decided for me. I have wanted carpet for so long but wanted the ease of cleaning vinyl, but if its not too bad to clean carpet I'm going with that. I probably can't use any bedliner stuff though unless I peel back all the Home Depot dynomat stuff I laid down though.. and that would take a long time I think. I'll probably get some carpet then though, do you know a good place to get any? I've looked around on some webiste like Bronco Graveyard. I'm guess the prices will all be about the same.. like close to 400.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:21 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Bubba Jones
Andrew I think you decided for me. I have wanted carpet for so long but wanted the ease of cleaning vinyl, but if its not too bad to clean carpet I'm going with that. I probably can't use any bedliner stuff though unless I peel back all the Home Depot dynomat stuff I laid down though.. and that would take a long time I think. I'll probably get some carpet then though, do you know a good place to get any? I've looked around on some webiste like Bronco Graveyard. I'm guess the prices will all be about the same.. like close to 400.
You could keep an eye on craigslist. If there is one that was in an accident or something and is being parted, you could snag that carpet set out for cheap. A little cleaning and TLC and that could be pretty nice. I had a 1982 mustang and the carpet was soaked with squirrel **** from sitting. We found a GT version that was being parted so we got the carpet out of it and a few other parts. A quick steam cleaning go that carpet cleaned up pretty nice.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Andrew James
Senior User
Originally Posted by Bubba Jones
I had the orginal interior from my wrecked 91 XLT to put in the 89 Custom and I had kept the interior clean so it is orginal factory carpet. I got on eBay and found some NOS floor mats and purchased though. It has been a year and you can definitely tell quite a bit of wear on my driver floor mat from being an off road toy and hunting vehicle but no staining and unlike my Firebird, vacuums sand/mud/dirt/crap up in no time. I go to the car wash once a week usually.

The carpet in my Firebird was purchased from stockinteriors.com and it was difficult to lay into shape. There was a major sale going when I bought it for a good price and if you purchase new carpet, old carpet or vinyl floor or something lik that to lay it on during a very hot day is best. I laid it down on the bare interior and it did not lay down as well as I would have liked.

I rolled around on just bedliner for awhile and it feels to me, somewhat trashy and incomplete. If it was a strict off road toy topless and doorless then no carpet but if you DD this at all, do yourself a favor and get carpet.

Nothing will fit as well like if you found some pretty clean factory carpet from a another Bronco. The rear cargo area doesn't matter as well and can be new since it lays flat pretty much. If you do end up buying used carpet, put on a clothesline/fence and power wash it with some carpet cleaner or engine degreaser but not a whole lot. You would be amazed how clean and new it will look.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:50 AM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Hmm yeah this is my DD and I don't get to offroad nearly as much as I'd like. I do live where there are dirt roads and it can get muddy sometimes, but half of the road have been paved since I moved out here too so it's not as bad. Plus, living in AZ, it barely rains so it's more dusty than muddy.

As for finding a bronco with carpet.. well there aren't many broncos that I've seen on my side of Phoenix. The ones that I have seen in junk yards have really messed up interiors and no/wrong color carpet. I think my best bet would be to buy new fitted carpet.. but I do want it to fit really well if I buy new.