Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-2013, 06:27 PM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
a dually question.

i know be 2005 the F-350 dually had 8X200 wheel bolt pattern instead of the older 8X170 pattern.
now my question is, is this for pickups also, or cab chassis trucks only?
i want to put a dually rear under my 04 dump truck project, and since i already have a set of 8X200mm front dually adapters, it only makes sense to put a 8X200 rear under it if it will fit.

rarely in life do you meet a person that will drop everything to help a stranger,
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:52 AM

redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.
I assume that the trucks used the same axles and wheels.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:55 AM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
well, i know the CC trucks use a different axle, it is 3-4 inches shorter than the pickup axle.
the front axle is the same CC or pickup, SRW or DRW, it just uses the dually adapters. the front axle is 8X170 for SRW and the dually adapters convert it to 8X200
just not sure if the pickup dually rear axle uses the 8X200 bolt pattern or the 8X170 pattern.

rarely in life do you meet a person that will drop everything to help a stranger,
Old 06-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Postmaster

Sarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to behold
TJC,

Im looking into this right now myself. From what I am told the 05-up trucks are different than the CC trucks. I spoke to the folks at Arrowcraft.com and the kit they sell which include 6 polished aluminum wheels is just about 2500 with fenders.

Im not sure Im ok with the adapters on the rear but its an option. Im going to try and price a nice used dually rear with either a 4.10 or 4.30 in it to see which way may work better for me.

Sorry to kinda Hijack your thread but I wanted to see what you are up to and share a little of what I found as well.

Sarge
Bilstien Leveling Kit 5100's / DiPricol Optix Guages
Garrett Power Max / 155's With 30% Nozzles
2012 Keystone Laradeo 324RL w/ Reese Goose Box
Old 06-18-2013, 04:29 PM
i ain't rite

this is what i am up to Sarg.:
and $2500 for wheels is out of the question for a truck i have a total of $3600 into before i sell the 2 parts trucks.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:12 AM
Postmaster

Sarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to behold
That includes the fenders, adapters and hardware as well. I will stay subscribed here and see where you take it. I'm going to call a local recycler today and see what a dually rear would cost me.

Sarge
Bilstien Leveling Kit 5100's / DiPricol Optix Guages
Garrett Power Max / 155's With 30% Nozzles
2012 Keystone Laradeo 324RL w/ Reese Goose Box
Old 06-19-2013, 05:51 PM
i ain't rite

yea, i am going to hit the local junk yard this weekend. a good friend runs it. if he don't have a rear there, he should be able to find one cheap.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:51 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty