Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Father's Day Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Behemoth
Laughing Gas
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Father's Day Car Show

I know I mentioned this in another thread, but for those of you in the Spokane area, there's a couple car shows this weekend. On Saturday, June 15th, there will be the Car d'Alene, obviously in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, as well as the car show at the General Store on Division Street on Saturday as well.

The show I'm referring to is the show at the Wendle Ford Dealership on Sunday, June 16th. The Wendle Ford Dealership is located on north Division Street at the "Y" where Highway 395 and Highway 2 split. The show starts at 9am, and I believe there is no entry fee (but could be wrong). I'm going to finally have Buford out for his first show, so perhaps I'll see ya there if you stop by.

Granted, for those of you (which is the majority of folks here) that are on the other side of the mountains, this is probably not in the cards, but for any Spokane locals, I figured I'd make the announcement, as this show was not listed on the Inland Northwest Car Club Council's car show calendar this year.

I'll post pictures if I get any good ones after the show. 'later!

Old 06-14-2013, 03:29 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Wendle Ford Dealership. I almost got a truck there once a Powerstroke in-fact
when they were first hitting the market. I have some friends that live near there.
So I bet I could sleep drive and make it.

Sean

Old 06-14-2013, 07:28 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No can do bud, sorry. Spokane is a bit too long of a drive for me right now and with my money situation, or lack there of, I have to run a tight ship and not spend needlessly. Besides the $40 I spent on a show registration for both the bronco and the beetle, then the $10 I'm going to spend on the 22 for the Discount Tire show in renton... Other then that though hehe, I have to watch my cash.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:48 PM
Behemoth
Laughing Gas
Yeah, I didn't figure anyone outside of the local area was going to come, and I'd not expect them to. But, for those of us that live in the area, I figured someone should make the announcement. The INCCC (Inland Northwest Car Club Council) puts out a car show calendar every year around here, but the Wendle Ford show wasn't listed in the calendar. So, it's had to be word of mouth that has let people know that the show even exists. Regardless, I'm sure there are shows going on this weekend all over the place, so I'm sure everyone can find something local to themselves.

Tomorrow I'll be spending the day getting Buford all spruced up for his debut, so we'll see how things go on Sunday.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:27 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I'm sure there will be some other members who will show.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:57 PM
Behemoth
Laughing Gas
Well, the weather was perfect, and the turnout was pretty good for a show that wasn't advertised too much. The show is put on by one of the car clubs around here, and I learned that members of the club can park their rides on the dealership showroom floor!......nice air conditioned parking spot, I'd say!

Anyway, it was a small show, but I thought it was good for a first show for Buford. Folks seemed to like it, and it really got the attention of the Ford sales staff. So, not bad for a first outing! I took a couple shots for posterity sake, so enjoy!

Old 06-16-2013, 06:21 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Behemoth is looking good. How did you mount the tire like that though? I haven't seen that before.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:09 PM
Behemoth
Laughing Gas
That was actually my little design. I did the math, drew up a sketch, had the 2" aluminum cut to specs, and then had this guy at a welding shop help me with the aluminum welding. Then took the contraption to the polisher to clean it up. I think it turned out pretty well for a first attempt, although I'd like to shorten the arm by a couple inches. It's a solid mount, as I have 1/4" steel plate inside the box to serve as a backing plate which really firmed things up, and has a lock on it, so it's secure.

Here's a couple shots.......

Old 06-16-2013, 08:59 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Wow that's great looking. And clues as to why it's mounted there of all places? It's unique and looks good but I've never seen it.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Behemoth
Laughing Gas
Can you think of a better place to mount a 35" spare tire? I can't put it in the stock location as the exhaust would melt the tire. I don't want to mount it on the front of the truck like a farmer, and I don't want to replace my tailgate with something like "Tiregate" either. My toolbox had the opening handle clear over on the left, and it dawned on me that the right side of the box had nothing really to block. So, I decided to come up with a solid mount for the right side of the box. I can still access the box easily enough, and the tire is out of the way.

Besides, Buford is a big ol baby now, and I doubt he'll ever NEED the spare, but it's nice piece of mind, and it's kind of a cool addition to the truck (or at least I thought so).

Old 06-16-2013, 11:01 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Behemoth
Can you think of a better place to mount a 35" spare tire? I can't put it in the stock location as the exhaust would melt the tire. I don't want to mount it on the front of the truck like a farmer, and I don't want to replace my tailgate with something like "Tiregate" either. My toolbox had the opening handle clear over on the left, and it dawned on me that the right side of the box had nothing really to block. So, I decided to come up with a solid mount for the right side of the box. I can still access the box easily enough, and the tire is out of the way.

Besides, Buford is a big ol baby now, and I doubt he'll ever NEED the spare, but it's nice piece of mind, and it's kind of a cool addition to the truck (or at least I thought so).
Well,, I had thought about mounting it on the same side but lengthwise like they normally would in a Bronco or some pickups... They make a bracket to bolt onto the side and the tire mounts to that. I do understand your dilemma though, I have yet to get a spare 35 and find a place to put it. Being a bronco, I have no interior room for one so I'm thinking a heavy duty swing out carrier on a custom rear bumper. Too bad I'm poor and can't afford them fancy materials.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:29 AM
Buzz44
Posting Guru
Nice little show. Not many trucks there. I can see my 65 in your second photo of the show. I met some great people there and it was great meeting a fellow Ford trucker from FTE that lives in the area.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:18 PM
pchighboy75
Freshman User
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry I missed the Wendle show guys. I did make it out to Car d'Lane. I guess I should check in here more often, to keep up on the local scoop . Finally pulled old brown out of the back yard today and took a short drive. He needs a good bath and polish, but couldn't do much with the weather today. I'll try to make some of the get-togethers this summer. Post 'em up so I can see them coming .

Old 06-29-2013, 08:50 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by pchighboy75
Sorry I missed the Wendle show guys. I did make it out to Car d'Lane. I guess I should check in here more often, to keep up on the local scoop . Finally pulled old brown out of the back yard today and took a short drive. He needs a good bath and polish, but couldn't do much with the weather today. I'll try to make some of the get-togethers this summer. Post 'em up so I can see them coming .

Looks good man! I didn't go to either show, I normally don't. But, If there is a car show that I plan to go to then I normally make a thread about it. Once in a while they pop up.