Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

June BS Thread!

Old 06-01-2013, 03:48 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
June BS Thread!

Alright folks, June is here. Lets all hope for some nice weather soon. My fire pit has been looking lonely.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:29 PM
crash1
Posting Guru
hello,hello

Old 06-02-2013, 12:52 AM
joshofalltrades
Postmaster
hey boys

today found me looking at mom's 84 volvo that needs a distributor, and for some ungodly reason, the one for that year is made of unobtanium, whereas every other year has them readily available for a normal price. for comic value, i'll post a link to the one site that has one listed VolvoPartsPlus - Volvo Parts and Accessories at wholesale price | VolvoPartsPlus note that they have 4 options that are listed as fitting "all models" but without pics to clarify, and talk about the price tags - especially that second one on the list!

Old 06-02-2013, 03:08 AM
crash1
Posting Guru
mosses was good times guys

Old 06-02-2013, 03:54 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Link got this response.
No Items Found Please Try Again or Search by Categories.

Sean

Old 06-02-2013, 08:29 AM
joshofalltrades
Postmaster
well, the link went to a parts supplier that looked absolutely great - 4 options for the "right" part, and prices ranging from $427 - $6981 for just a distributor, and with no pics to clarify which is the right one. yeah, i'll just order the wrong one from them for 7 thousand bucks

Old 06-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
What about the aftermarket world?

Saturday was a suck day~~~~~ Sick cat and Emergency vet visit

$200.00 spent Cat is doing better and it was not Mokkun this time.
I guess Tetsu wanted some attention.
Time for his meds that he loves so much Bad taste

Sean

Old 06-02-2013, 04:17 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Hey guys. Crash got any cool pictures to share? This weekend was ok, my friend had his 22nd birthday so we celbrated that. Me and about 4 other friends demolished a 36 pack of mountain dew soda. All in a matter of about 9 hours.

Jeeze I thought $150 fer a pertronix for the vw (it was an idea, I plan to keep the points due to the inexpensiveness of replacing them). I couldn't imagine paying $600+ for a dizzy.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:45 PM
crash1
Posting Guru
Old 06-02-2013, 07:04 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I'll have to add it later. My facebook app on my mobile is really making me angry... But I saw a few pictures and man oh man that looked fun. When I do like it will I get updates on when you plant to bring it to shows or out to play? If so I can forward that onto my bronco page as well. Though I don't think there are many Washington people on it, who knows.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:02 PM
joewelds
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello strangers.
I'm so close to getting that engine from Blue Falcon, er I mean Brute Ford. Hahaha
My crazy hours are close to being over. So I get to start my engine rebuild ( and body resto and thread). Pretty excited. I've been buying tools that I know I'll need. Just found a machine shop in Everett. I'm stoked.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:55 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by joewelds
Hello strangers.
I'm so close to getting that engine from Blue Falcon, er I mean Brute Ford. Hahaha
My crazy hours are close to being over. So I get to start my engine rebuild ( and body resto and thread). Pretty excited. I've been buying tools that I know I'll need. Just found a machine shop in Everett. I'm stoked.
Long time no see Joe, how have things been on your end of the spectrum? I don't remember much about this motor rebuild, is it your 300? I know it was having a lot of oil leaking issues last time I saw it.

Also did you ever get that saginaw situation straightened out or is it still on the back burner?

Old 06-02-2013, 11:17 PM
joewelds
Senior User
Yes Dylan. The 300. I have water in my oil. Still runs strong, but very tired, low oil pressure as well. So kinda sounds fun. I've got a carb, and a trick kit for it, Clifford intake, exhaust manifold, and some tools as well.
I am also getting a newer engine from Leo. Still a 300. Can't wait to start. When the motors out I'm going to do a little restore as well. Por15, some wire chasing and freshing up. New bushings and such.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:57 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Ah that sounds like a fun project. Any plans on boring cylinders or porting/polishing intake ports? Or just the stock block with exterior mods?

Old 06-03-2013, 12:35 AM
joewelds
Senior User
Oh ya I have plans. Mild cam, a little higher compression with pistons. As far as the head three angle valve job. Bigger intake and exhaust valves. And the parts mentioned earlier. Just a mild build nothing overkill. Looking for over 200 hp and more torque, I forget the actual number. Still not decided on my exhaust. I do know I will be custom fabbing that myself. I have a couple ideas.
It sounds so easy when put like that, lol. I've also been thinking about having the machine shop put the majority of it together so it can be balanced.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: June BS Thread!