1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

show pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 03:50 PM
emay
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kenjh
bet not one of them will ever haul a load again ....
Hopefully you mean this only because they are afraid to scuff things up. Bagged vehicles are a dream to haul and tow with.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Gicknordon
Fleet Mechanic
Received 71 Likes on 36 Posts
Theyre all photoshopped. The guy that posted them on the hamb said that he photoshopped them all slammed and big rims.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:07 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,119 Likes on 2,649 Posts
I've seen pics of a panel that was converted to a pickup and done quite well. I was wondering if this is another one and the photoshopped one is the panel?

Old 06-13-2013, 11:32 PM
keith56_cruz_cab
Elder User
So a guy spends hundreds of hours building a truck......
and all he gets for it is... it's not my style....it's probably fake photoshoped
am I in the right forum?

Old 06-14-2013, 12:13 AM
kenjh
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by emay
Hopefully you mean this only because they are afraid to scuff things up. Bagged vehicles are a dream to haul and tow with.
yah the paint and chrome ...I would crap myself knowing what that cost ..and have nightmares if it ever got damaged ...but ..a "bagged truck "isn't the air bags more show then work ..it's not on the same level as a Kenworth with air bags ....

Old 06-14-2013, 08:00 AM
jim collins
Cargo Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by keith56_cruz_cab
So a guy spends hundreds of hours building a truck......
and all he gets for it is... it's not my style....it's probably fake photoshoped
am I in the right forum?
I don't believe that many hours were spent photoshoping the peach and white one. Yeah you are on the right forum that catches those kind of fakes . Oh and not my style.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:08 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
The fact that there was some photoshopping going on the truck in my opinion is beautiful. I believe it was a panel that was converted to a pickup and was photoshopped back to a shortened panel. Whoever did the photoshopping did a good job too. By the way I sent you some reps. Don't get discouraged by some of the remarks made. There are some who can afford to build beauties like that and don't or do drive them and there are many who scrape enough pennies to build a beater. Either way it's still a great hobby just more affordable to some.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:02 AM
emay
Senior User
Originally Posted by kenjh
yah the paint and chrome ...I would crap myself knowing what that cost ..and have nightmares if it ever got damaged ...but ..a "bagged truck "isn't the air bags more show then work ..it's not on the same level as a Kenworth with air bags ....
Oh no, they have come a long way beyond the looks mentality. While aesthetics is the main driver in mainstream builds, the components are extremely stout and the technology has advanced into static suspension reliability and strength. We aren't talking requirements like a Kenworth needs for these relics of ours, but you can get into heavy duty tow weights now - 8k-10k is not abnormal. Additionally air cars are making a name for themselves performance wise in auto cross as of the last few years.

The annoyances are there mainly in poor installs. Things like leak down, line failure due to bad routing, etc. All can be avoided with attention to detail. Reliability issues and strength are a thing of the past. I've got a burban I been tugging with for 4 years on a kelderman accu air system. Not a single issue. The 53 even came home behind it.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I gotta admit....I'm a fan! Irregardless of the photo shopping (nice job BTW) it demonstrates innovative concepts and current trends in the auto custom market. I've been in the motorcycle custom culture as a builder for decades and find myself wondering what the next flavor of the day might be. Although I might not personally agree with that flavor, no matter what it is, I do welcome others idea's and concepts to make our world a more diverse place.
My 2 cents worth for what it's worth.

Capt'n

Old 06-14-2013, 10:49 PM
Gicknordon
Fleet Mechanic
Received 71 Likes on 36 Posts
Wasnt there a guy on here a few months ago thinking of doing a panel converted to a pickup similar to that?

Old 06-14-2013, 10:57 PM
FP
Elder User
As long as this thread is about show pictures, I'd like share this pic of a COE from a show I attended today in Downers Grove, IL.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:57 AM
Normalbloke
Senior User
Originally Posted by underthebridgejim
Personaly I don't think I would ever go with air bags, however it would get very boreing if everybody had the same taste as I do. That said, I can appreceiate any truck that is done well. Thank you for sharing the pics.
Exactly that!

Old 06-15-2013, 06:00 AM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 56panelford
There are some who can afford to build beauties like that and don't or do drive them and there are many who scrape enough pennies to build a beater. Either way it's still a great hobby just more affordable to some.
Well said!

Old 06-15-2013, 08:02 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by FP
As long as this thread is about show pictures, I'd like share this pic of a COE from a show I attended today in Downers Grove, IL.

That would attract a lot of attention driving around town, very well done and a real beauty. That woman bent over and looking at it tells all,lol

Old 06-15-2013, 08:50 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 757 Likes on 369 Posts
Originally Posted by 56panelford
That would attract a lot of attention driving around town, very well done and a real beauty. That woman bent over and looking at it tells all,lol
Yep, that's a real head turner.

Quick Reply: show pictures